OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Yes! I got a small sample of the brown one last week to try out before it launched and I really liked it. It's more of a true brown and not a black brown like most "brown" mascaras so it's definitely a more natural look, but I like it! It's the same formula as the original which is nice because you can build it if you like more volume.

I know there's a couple girls on here that are allergic to the black pigment in most mascaras so this would definitely be worth a try!
I didn't even know that was a thing!

Anyone have any recommendations on hair products? I have been using Pantene Expert Collection- Age Defy for a while now, as I wanted to try and slow down how much hair I lose, and for a while my hair looked awesome...I don't know if its the Summer heat/humidity or my growing bump...but my hair has been an unruly mess. I also use Kerastase Keratine Thermique as a leave in and even that doesn't seem to be making any difference. I'm really looking for a new shampoo and conditioner (not necessarily matching) but am totally open to other hair product recs!

Anyone have any recommendations on hair products? I have been using Pantene Expert Collection- Age Defy for a while now, as I wanted to try and slow down how much hair I lose, and for a while my hair looked awesome...I don't know if its the Summer heat/humidity or my growing bump...but my hair has been an unruly mess. I also use Kerastase Keratine Thermique as a leave in and even that doesn't seem to be making any difference. I'm really looking for a new shampoo and conditioner (not necessarily matching) but am totally open to other hair product recs!

Aussie! I have curly hair and it keeps it under control. Swear by it.

currently dying the ends of my hair purple. i didnt use bleach before hand and my hair is naturally dark brown. itll be interesting to see how it comes out in an hour.

Mom got me Aussie 3 Minute Miracle since I think last time I got highlights the bleach fried my hair, and it makes a huge difference.
Beware of that stuff. It will feel good at first but it is loaded with silicones and it will start to leave buildup on your hair and make your hair start to feel like straw.

Beware of that stuff. It will feel good at first but it is loaded with silicones and it will start to leave buildup on your hair and make your hair start to feel like straw.
uhm whaaaat! Really?! ive heard of so many people swearing by it! Its pretty hard to find in Canada so I use it incredibly sparingly (like- i dont even use it once a month. Only when I think my hair could use a pick me up). Do you have any products you use instead of this?

uhm whaaaat! Really?! ive heard of so many people swearing by it! Its pretty hard to find in Canada so I use it incredibly sparingly (like- i dont even use it once a month. Only when I think my hair could use a pick me up). Do you have any products you use instead of this?
If you're using it that little and it makes your hair feel good, you're fine. Just use a clarifying shampoo every other week. It's when people repeatedly use it that it causes problems. The silicone makes it feel silky and soft but it's not actually doing anything to heal or condition your hair.

I actually make my own with half an avocado and 1/2 cup of coconut oil(more of an approximation on that because it's a little challenging to get out of the jar). My hair always feel soft and shiny after. I cover my whole head in it, leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then shampoo twice just to make sure I don't have any excess oil left behind. I probably use it every other week:)

I am obsessed with my J. Beverly Hills products. They keep my hair soft all year long, without the build up that drug store products can cause. They're a little pricey, but I only have to wash my hair every 3 or 4 days, so I am able to make a bottle last for months.

I know that the sauve professionals Rosemary and mint shampoo made my scalp burn like heck after two uses.

I've heard a lot of people say that! That stuff is not good for your hair at all. I'm not sure what the deal is with it, but it's crazy how many people have had issues.

I use the AG Hair Volume Thikk Wash/Rinse (shampoo/conditioner) and I love it. My hair is long, thin, and flat so it gives it a little bit of the body I lack naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard a lot of people say that! That stuff is not good for your hair at all. I'm not sure what the deal is with it, but it's crazy how many people have had issues.

I use the AG Hair Volume Thikk Wash/Rinse (shampoo/conditioner) and I love it. My hair is long, thin, and flat so it gives it a little bit of the body I lack naturally.

when i used it the very first time it made my hair feel amazing almost salon quality soft and light feeling. but after that it was horrible. it took me a good two weeks to realize it was probably the shampoo & conditioner i was using that was causing my head to burn. even after i stopped using it it took a few days for my head to stop itching and burning.

on another note, i dyed the ends of my hair purple with manic panic, it turned out awesome. but my first shower was slightly shocking when purple dye went all over the shower walls. oops. thank god my fiance wasnt home or he would have freaked out.

when i used it the very first time it made my hair feel amazing almost salon quality soft and light feeling. but after that it was horrible. it took me a good two weeks to realize it was probably the shampoo & conditioner i was using that was causing my head to burn. even after i stopped using it it took a few days for my head to stop itching and burning.

on another note, i dyed the ends of my hair purple with manic panic, it turned out awesome. but my first shower was slightly shocking when purple dye went all over the shower walls. oops. thank god my fiance wasnt home or he would have freaked out.

mr. clean magic eraser will be your friend if it got in the grout! I get my hair dyed to a burgundy-brown color but it fades fast and I'm not getting it colored every other week so I mix manic panic vampire red into a conditioner and use it once a week. brightens everything up between colorings! but it looks like a vampire attacked me in the shower every time. also, get dark towels if you don't have them already.

AG is so amazing! And it's 96% natural which makes me feel even better about using it.

Back