OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone oil cleanse? Do you use store bought oil cleansers or mix your own?

I'm looking for a new cleanser. I loved Olay fresh effects cleanser (shine control or something). It was my favorite cleanser but I can't ever find it.

I just use coconut oil to cleanse. I have pretty dry skin in the winter, but it works just as well in the summer.

I am loving benefit's They're Real mascara in brown. I have brown hair & green eyes & TR mascara looks like I have really long, beautiful eyelashes. For my coloring, the brown is really great for a more natural, not-so-made up look. I also love Urban Decay's perversion (?) mascara for the opposite effect!

I also like benefits POREfessional pore minimized as a base layer. CP uses High Beam when she's wearing cheer makeup--I never thought to try it myself!

Question for bare minerals users--is it worth it???
It depends how much coverage you like. I personally don't like the powder because it doesn't cover all of my redness and I prefer the feel of a liquid. I think their liquid is great, it feels awesome but it does have a serum in there so if you're oily at all you'll need to set it! Speaking of setting, while I don't love their powder foundation, I do love their mineral veil. It really adds a beautiful look to the skin and blends everything nicely:) I like to put it on after I'm done with everything including blush and/or bronzer. Also, their moxie lipglosses are some of my favorites. They're very creamy and not sticky or heavy feeling!

I am loving benefit's They're Real mascara in brown. I have brown hair & green eyes & TR mascara looks like I have really long, beautiful eyelashes. For my coloring, the brown is really great for a more natural, not-so-made up look. I also love Urban Decay's perversion (?) mascara for the opposite effect!

I also like benefits POREfessional pore minimized as a base layer. CP uses High Beam when she's wearing cheer makeup--I never thought to try it myself!

Question for bare minerals users--is it worth it???
I used the bare minerals a few years ago. It was okay. I felt like it didn't have good full coverage that I would get from liquid foundation. After I went back to liquid I used the left over powder to set my foundation.

I have the pressed bare minerals foundation and I love it. I have super red cheeks and it completely covers it. You just have to use a dense enough brush.

If you're in need of your makeup to last literally all day even with sweating, the 15 hour primer is a God send. I used it at all of my camps, sweated all day, and my makeup was still in place at the end of the day. We go from 7:15 AM-10:30 at night so it really is a long day. I also got hit with a pie at one of my camps, blotted off all the pie, and my makeup was still in tact. I was seriously so impressed by the staying power it had.
CP #1 swears by it for game day. Awesome stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's in here, but I can't find it... Good dry shampoo? I've tried so many, but can never find one that works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I know it's in here, but I can't find it... Good dry shampoo? I've tried so many, but can never find one that works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I am dirty and sometimes go to class after running and don't have time to do more than rinse my body, so I've tried them all. Lush is now the only one I'll use. I'm also extremely sensitive to scents and 99% of dry shampoos are scented with something awful. Lush is citrus so I can tolerate it.

No Drought dry shampoo | Liquid Shampoos | LUSH Cosmetics

Ok obsessing over the Loreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation!! At first I didn't like it, but I was just putting way too much on. Seriously an awesome full coverage and really does stay on thru anything!! Def would look into it if you like drugstore foundations. I'm thinking about getting the Too Faced Born This Way next week and I'm really excited about it.

I am dirty and sometimes go to class after running and don't have time to do more than rinse my body, so I've tried them all. Lush is now the only one I'll use. I'm also extremely sensitive to scents and 99% of dry shampoos are scented with something awful. Lush is citrus so I can tolerate it.

No Drought dry shampoo | Liquid Shampoos | LUSH Cosmetics

Is it not a spray?

nope it's loose powder. I haven't found a spray that doesn't make my hair look worse.

Oh that's cool! We have a lush at our mall so I'll have to try it. I've never had good luck with dry shampoo so hopefully this will be better.

I second L'Oréal Infallible Pro Matte foundation! It lasted all last night while I worked and was sweating outside, then I stayed at a friends and didn't take off my makeup before falling asleep, nothing transferred onto the (white) pillow and it lasted until I got home the next morning. And I get tons of compliments. Although, I do have to mix 2 colors to get it right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ok obsessing over the Loreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation!! At first I didn't like it, but I was just putting way too much on. Seriously an awesome full coverage and really does stay on thru anything!! Def would look into it if you like drugstore foundations. I'm thinking about getting the Too Faced Born This Way next week and I'm really excited about it.

If you're oily you might not like the Too Faced. It's more of a natural finish so it can feel a little greasy on oily skin! If you set it well you should be fine though:)

Also I like the pro matte best with a beauty blender because like you said, it's so easy to apply too much! But it looks so nice.

Oh that's cool! We have a lush at our mall so I'll have to try it. I've never had good luck with dry shampoo so hopefully this will be better.

their small bottle is only like $7 - so it's more expensive than one you'd find at the drug store but not bad. Prior to me "discovering" dry shampoo I always used baby powder (and HATED the smell, can't stand baby powder) so I guess I was more used to the powder anyway so it's my preference.

their small bottle is only like $7 - so it's more expensive than one you'd find at the drug store but not bad. Prior to me "discovering" dry shampoo I always used baby powder (and HATED the smell, can't stand baby powder) so I guess I was more used to the powder anyway so it's my preference.

Awesome! Thanks so much. My stepmom will probably want to try it too, she's always looking for dry shampoo since she hasn't been able to find one to work either. I had used baby powder in a pinch but it's been years!

Back