OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
For those of you that use the amazonian clay, do you use the one in the tube or the little jar? The one I looked at (and tried in the store) was in a tube... But the one I saw on YouTube was in like a little jar/pot thing, and put on with a brush. I don't want to do all that, I'd rather just get a tube.

Do y'all use the airbrush one or the tube?

i use the tube of foundation with a beauty blender sponge to put on. the jar is a powder foundation, right?

The jar is the powder version of the Amazonian clay foundation and the tube is the liquid version. Both can be put on with a brush though.

have you tried both and do you have a preference? i love the liquid but it sometimes feels heavy and i'd love to switch to powder but i worry there wouldn't be enough coverage with it.

That's what I thought - that the jar was powder. I'm trying to avoid powders so I'm going to get the liquid.

I use Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and an Urban Decay powder. I couldn't find it on the website so maybe they discontinued it (and I'm super sad if they did) but the Tarte foundation is LIFE. Seriously. I got my first bottle of it back in January and I'm still using it. So even though it's kind of expensive, it lasts a long time. And even if it didn't last that long, it's still SO worth it. I cannot say enough good things about this foundation, so I think I'll stop there
Yep! My first tube of Tarte foundation lasted 6 months!!

I use Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and an Urban Decay powder. I couldn't find it on the website so maybe they discontinued it (and I'm super sad if they did) but the Tarte foundation is LIFE. Seriously. I got my first bottle of it back in January and I'm still using it. So even though it's kind of expensive, it lasts a long time. And even if it didn't last that long, it's still SO worth it. I cannot say enough good things about this foundation, so I think I'll stop there

LOVE my tarte bb foundation!!

Sooo I just spent $112 at sephora and $129 at ulta. I am not an impulse buyer whatsoever but I've been down in the dumps lately so...

I bought the amazonian foundation. I'm so excited to try it! I got smashbox face primer, eyeshadow primer and got a trial of a different face primer and an eyeshadow. I got urban decay eyeshadow primer, tarte eyelash curler with the charm, Giorgio Armani perfume, benefit highlighter, benefit theyre real mascara and some katy perry false lashes.

I feel so good haha.

Has anyone tried the (new?) It cosmetics brushes at Ulta? I went in an looked at them they were suuuuper soft but didn't buy any just yet :)

I got the Naked Skin Bronzing Beauty Balm today and the Too Faced Melted liquid lipstick in the darkest redish pinky burgundy color.

So far I just tested them out on my had but I CANT WAIT to wear them all day tomorrow. So excited.

Not make-up, but a hair product. Has anyone tried any at home keratin treatments? (I'm putting this here because after pricing them this week, I've decided they are definitely "high end")

I want to use one on both my kids' hair actually. My older one is mixed, so her hair is huge and crazy and she flat irons it all the time, which fries it. Younger one has long, blonde hair that is super dry (no matter what we put in it - I've tried everything) and damaged from wearing it in a bun every day for dance.

Thoughts? I can't afford salon ones, but could do an at home one if it works.

Not make-up, but a hair product. Has anyone tried any at home keratin treatments? (I'm putting this here because after pricing them this week, I've decided they are definitely "high end")

I want to use one on both my kids' hair actually. My older one is mixed, so her hair is huge and crazy and she flat irons it all the time, which fries it. Younger one has long, blonde hair that is super dry (no matter what we put in it - I've tried everything) and damaged from wearing it in a bun every day for dance.

Be careful what you buy, and check the ingredients carefully. Some of the salon ones contain formaldehyde,which I definitely wouldn't use on a child. I do know several people who have had good results with the salon ones.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I never tried a diy treatments. I just try to find shampoo's with keratin in it. And just by doing that much I really liked it. That's not much help but keratin in hair products are awesome.

word of warning to my fellow amazonian-clay-obsessed friends - if it is early and you aren't quite with it yet... and you are squeezing the bottle for a few seconds and nothing is coming out, you should look on the floor. somehow the bottle's neck bursted open and i just sacrificed a whole lot of makeup. :(

word of warning to my fellow amazonian-clay-obsessed friends - if it is early and you aren't quite with it yet... and you are squeezing the bottle for a few seconds and nothing is coming out, you should look on the floor. somehow the bottle's neck bursted open and i just sacrificed a whole lot of makeup. :(
I'd take it back up to where you got it with your receipt if you have it still. That's devastating :(

Back