OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
word of warning to my fellow amazonian-clay-obsessed friends - if it is early and you aren't quite with it yet... and you are squeezing the bottle for a few seconds and nothing is coming out, you should look on the floor. somehow the bottle's neck bursted open and i just sacrificed a whole lot of makeup. :(
I'm about to bawl for you. Seriously. I would be devastated

Can anyone give me some advice on foundation? I don't mind splurging (I have fairly sensitive skin) so I always leaned toward more expensive foundation. I recently moved to Florida, so my skin has been getting oily so much faster and it drives me nuts. Mainly, I want a sheer foundation that will stay on!

Can anyone give me some advice on foundation? I don't mind splurging (I have fairly sensitive skin) so I always leaned toward more expensive foundation. I recently moved to Florida, so my skin has been getting oily so much faster and it drives me nuts. Mainly, I want a sheer foundation that will stay on!
Personally I love Mac studio fix powder. I use it in place of foundation. It comes in many colors.

One of my all time favorites for hot months is Laura Mercier foundations and tinted moisturizers. I've also been using Urban Decay Naked Skin weightless foundation for about a year now. Great for hot days in a cheer gym! Recommend both equally!

MAC changed their packaging for some of their products last spring.

A few weeks ago I discovered that all of the old products in the old packaging are being sold at the Cosmetics Company Store.....generally found at outlet malls like Tanger. If you wear MAC products and live near a store, I'd suggest checking it out. I paid $21 for the powder vs the $30-something it now costs in the store

My sisters and I wear Mineral powder in Deep, medium deep or deep dark and I was able to find all 3 of our shades....which is remarkable since the Cosmetics Company Store near me never has my shade....let alone my sisters.

Last edited:
The stuff I ordered from Hautelook came today and everything is perfect (and gorgeous!) except that my Ooh La Lace Lorac palette broke during shipping :(

I haven't decided if I want to return it or just keep it. Only two colors broke so it's not that big of a deal. Plus it was only $12, and I really don't feel like taking the effort to ship it back and wait for my money.

The stuff I ordered from Hautelook came today and everything is perfect (and gorgeous!) except that my Ooh La Lace Lorac palette broke during shipping :(

I haven't decided if I want to return it or just keep it. Only two colors broke so it's not that big of a deal. Plus it was only $12, and I really don't feel like taking the effort to ship it back and wait for my money.

if you decide to keep it, dab a little rubbing alcohol in there and either mix and/or press it all back together. the alcohol evaporates out and the eyeshadow will dry as a solid again.

if you decide to keep it, dab a little rubbing alcohol in there and either mix and/or press it all back together. the alcohol evaporates out and the eyeshadow will dry as a solid again.
Thanks for the tip!!! Unfortunately it was all shattered to like powder all over the place :(

I have really sensitive (and constantly broken out) skin too, and I live in Louisiana where there's at least 70% humidity all the time, so it seems like everyone's always oily. I was horrified by the idea of liquid foundation for that very reason, but I was visiting family 4 hours away one weekend and got home to find I'd left my MAC StudioFix there, and I had senior cap and gown pictures the next day. The nearest MAC store is like 2 hours away, so I ran to Ulta and one of the workers recommended the Stila Stay All Day foundation and concealer. (It's got a little concealer thing in the cap; it's adorable.) I've gotten so many compliments on how great my face looks (even from my mom, who always accuses me of not taking care of my skin; I do it's just naturally bad), and it actually does stay on all day (even through work at a cheer gym!). My only complaint is that the bottle is smaller than what I'm used to, so I'll have to buy more quicker. Still worth it though.
Other note: You obviously can't go wrong with MAC, but their liquid stuff hasn't been my favorite. I love their powder though. I had the Urban Decay Naked liquid foundation at one point too, and found it to be a bit chalky. I used BareMinerals a long time ago so it could be different now, but their stuff never seemed to stay on very long.

Thanks for the tip!!! Unfortunately it was all shattered to like powder all over the place :(
I ordered nail polish through them once and a bottle ended up breaking en route. I just called customer service and told them what happened and they automatically refunded my money. I didn't have to send it back. I don't know if they still have the same policy, but it's worth a shot to call them!

I ordered nail polish through them once and a bottle ended up breaking en route. I just called customer service and told them what happened and they automatically refunded my money. I didn't have to send it back. I don't know if they still have the same policy, but it's worth a shot to call them!
Ahh thanks. I will definitely call!

i don't know how high end this would be considered, but everyone should try FRANK coffee body scrub! i am so obsessed. their marketing is cute/annoying depending on your taste (they're all about sexual innuendos. they're tag line is, "get naked. get dirty. get rough. get clean." among other things) but the scrub is phenomenal. i also just tried the coconut coffee scrub and it's heavenly. the smell is phenomenal and i swear the coffee goes through your skin and you feel energized. and my skin just feels amazing. they also say it helps with cellulite, but i haven't rubbed it on my legs yet lol

Does anybody know of good false eyelashes? I'd like to wear some at homecoming, I'd also like a more natural look:)

HELP. I typically use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, but it seems to be too dry and cakey in the winter, leaving my skin flat. Does anyone have recommendations for a full coverage foundation that will leave my skin luminous?

Does anybody know of good false eyelashes? I'd like to wear some at homecoming, I'd also like a more natural look:)
I have a pack of Kiss 5615 that my girls have used. They are cheap, but look like you natural lashes on steroids.

The super thick looking ones end up looking like you have fuzzy caterpillars on your eyes!

Back