OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I use a foundation brush that looks like a big paint brush. It was part of a set from Sephora. I don't love it but I don't hate it. The only problem is that the foundation is so long wearing that it doesn't come off the brush.

The trick is to press it into your skin and stipple. The ELDW is thick so if you wipe instead of stipple with the brush, it'll create weird lines.

I've never used a beauty blender but they intrigue me!

I love my beauty blender! The only thing I don't like is that they keep makeup in them no matter how much you try to clean it. And you will use slightly more makeup. I don't use a foundation but a BB or CC cream and use my blender to apply them perfectly. I also recommend you stay with the Beauty Blender brand and not to venture into the cheaper versions. They are not all created equal! I splurged on a beauty blender and love it, so when it was time to purchase a new one, I bought a $5 one at Khols, it is a different texture, and doesn't expand and contract like the original. It also started to pill after the first use, and it holds a lot of makeup in it.

Just watched Casey Holmes ulta haul and I want to go and get everything now! Tarte has a couple of holiday sets with blushes mascara and eye shadows and a separate one for 4 of their blushes for like $28 I think it is!! I've been wanting to pick up the smash box full exposure palette but I've heard mixed reviews on it. I love holiday makeup lol

Real techniques has a great one and their brushes aren't very expensive
Seconding the Real Techniques love. I like the buffing brush and the expert face brush for foundation and am obsessed with the stippling brush for cream blush. All of their brushes are synthetic so I really like them for applying/blending cream products.

I've heard the royal crown brushes are a dupe for sigma brushes they have a 4 or 5 piece I can't remember set for like $20!

Saw a few posts about eyebrow makeup, and just wanted to say that I have really light brows and a lot of the big brands don't have my color (too dark). So now I get my powder from European Wax Center and use Tarte's dual end brush and I love it!

I love my beauty blender! The only thing I don't like is that they keep makeup in them no matter how much you try to clean it. And you will use slightly more makeup. I don't use a foundation but a BB or CC cream and use my blender to apply them perfectly. I also recommend you stay with the Beauty Blender brand and not to venture into the cheaper versions. They are not all created equal! I splurged on a beauty blender and love it, so when it was time to purchase a new one, I bought a $5 one at Khols, it is a different texture, and doesn't expand and contract like the original. It also started to pill after the first use, and it holds a lot of makeup in it.

i was having the same beauty blender cleaning problem as you and one day i randomly did this, and it 100% got all the makeup out: cover the dry beauty blender with hand soap (i used a good old soft soap liquid.) basically get the whole thing slimy. then DON'T wet it, but squeeze the sponge and slide your fingers up like you're wringing it out (i'll sometimes do this under running water) the soap that comes out will look like pure foundation. do this until the soap comes out clean and then rinse it with water and let it air dry.

Saw a few posts about eyebrow makeup, and just wanted to say that I have really light brows and a lot of the big brands don't have my color (too dark). So now I get my powder from European Wax Center and use Tarte's dual end brush and I love it!
Sidenote.... I just got my eyebrows done at european wax center on Sunday... The best place I've ever gotten my eyebrows done- EVER. They look fab!! And she filled them in for me when she was done so I could go on with the rest of my day- they didn't even stay red for more than 5 minutes!! I definitely will be going back there forever!!

i was having the same beauty blender cleaning problem as you and one day i randomly did this, and it 100% got all the makeup out: cover the dry beauty blender with hand soap (i used a good old soft soap liquid.) basically get the whole thing slimy. then DON'T wet it, but squeeze the sponge and slide your fingers up like you're wringing it out (i'll sometimes do this under running water) the soap that comes out will look like pure foundation. do this until the soap comes out clean and then rinse it with water and let it air dry.

Thanks for this! Now I wish I wouldn't have thrown out my old one. :oops:

If you can find the Brenda Christian universal brow pencil, it is amazing. Somehow, the color works for everyone (even redheads).

has anyone tried the GlamGlow Supermud mask before, ive heard about it for awhile now, but the price keeps me from buying it.

First of all I LOVE this thread, my wallet however...

Just curious if any of you have a favorite beauty blogger. My favorite is maskcara (Maskcara although she just had a baby so she's not quite as active as normal. I love that she doesn't promote any old thing for money. She has to absolutely love it before she'll even mention it.

I found this YouTuber -pinksofoxy. She is awesome. She does a lot of DIY and organizational videos. So if you want to get organized with your makeup, then check her channel. I suggest her DIY makeup drawer organizer, and jewelry organizer video.

Back