OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@SmileyRyleigh Thank you so much for the info on Glamglo Supermud mask! I got it last night and used it for the first time. I love it!!!!

@UCFKnights07 go for it! I was very hesitant to purchase this being that it's so expensive, but the reviews are great on it so I went to the store to talk to someone about it. I talked to a girl in Sephora last night who had perfect skin who states she uses it once a week, so I decided to go for it. After one use I have noticed my pores are smaller, and my skin feels better. The girl at sephora said it could be a little drying, so I used my Ole Henriksen Pure truth Vitamin C oil, and woke up in the morning to wonderfully moisturized skin! Hope you have wonderful results with it if you decide to get it!

Idk if I should be happy or shocked but I just hit PLATINUM at ulta! :eek: and since it's my birthday month, i get $10 off so I wonder if I can add that to the 20% off coupon that just came out!

go with clinique!!!! it feels light and doesn't look cakey. great coverage and is a reasonable price!

I use the tinted moisturizer from MAC which they are soon switching to a BB cream. For my primer I use the new Lancome HydraGlow and it's awesome! Makes my face so smooth and doesn't feel oily when I put it on.

Most of my brushed are also MAC. Wish we had ULTA stores in Canada! They'd do so well here! Sephora is ok but their prices are a bit high for some stuff and no loyalty programs or anything which stinks.

I'll stick to just using my 40% off at MAC lol

I use the tinted moisturizer from MAC which they are soon switching to a BB cream. For my primer I use the new Lancome HydraGlow and it's awesome! Makes my face so smooth and doesn't feel oily when I put it on.

Most of my brushed are also MAC. Wish we had ULTA stores in Canada! They'd do so well here! Sephora is ok but their prices are a bit high for some stuff and no loyalty programs or anything which stinks.

I'll stick to just using my 40% off at MAC lol
I'll take the 40 off at MAC too :)

Can you register for Beauty Insider at Sephora or is it not available outside the US? Sephora

They do have beauty insider but I don't really get how their point system works. It would be nice if they had a professional discount.

You get a professional discount at MAC? Don't you work for lancome? (just asking because we didn't get anything like that - other than our store discount, which was 30, on all brands the store carried - but nothing at other stores. I'm jealous if you're getting a discount at other stores!)

I went to school for Esthetician and makeup artistry and freelance and am a professional in the field so I get a MAC professional card that gives me 40% off.

I, as of yesterday, no longer work for Lancome. I also didn't get any discounts working there which is pretty ridiculous. You only got a discount if you got the credit card for the department store which is 29% interest and you only get 10% off anyway on the statement not even at time of purchase. So not really worth it in my opinion lol.

I went to school for Esthetician and makeup artistry and freelance and am a professional in the field so I get a MAC professional card that gives me 40% off.

I, as of yesterday, no longer work for Lancome. I also didn't get any discounts working there which is pretty ridiculous. You only got a discount if you got the credit card for the department store which is 29% interest and you only get 10% off anyway on the statement not even at time of purchase. So not really worth it in my opinion lol.

Oh! That makes sense. I wish I had done that instead of just working for the stores. MAC was just getting "big" when I was starting out. Wish I'd pursued it more. Now I'm hounding my daughter to do it - she lives make up and we're in a huge city with tons of opportunities in the field.

(and what a stupid discount! Can you PM me what store it is - I applied at some of them for Xmas work, and quite frankly don't want to bother if that's the discount! The whole point of working there is to buy stuff.)

Oh! That makes sense. I wish I had done that instead of just working for the stores. MAC was just getting "big" when I was starting out. Wish I'd pursued it more. Now I'm hounding my daughter to do it - she lives make up and we're in a huge city with tons of opportunities in the field.

(and what a stupid discount! Can you PM me what store it is - I applied at some of them for Xmas work, and quite frankly don't want to bother if that's the discount! The whole point of working there is to buy stuff.)
I'm in Canada so it wouldn't apply to you. It was Hudsons Bay Company which isn't in the US. I bet anything Macy's etc gives an employee discount.

I'm in Canada so it wouldn't apply to you. It was Hudsons Bay Company which isn't in the US. I bet anything Macy's etc gives an employee discount.

I am pretty sure they do - I've only worked for Lord & Taylor (before Macy's bought them), Nordstrom, and Dillards. Truthfully my discounts were good, but nothing beat all the free product I got from the vendors. I don't know why Bloomingdales won't hire me, but they are on my nerves.

Sigh... I miss it, but right now I'm getting free dance for my daughter, which is saving me $490/month, so I guess I can buy my own make-up full price!

Got my elf brow thing last night - trying it out today!

I am pretty sure they do - I've only worked for Lord & Taylor (before Macy's bought them), Nordstrom, and Dillards. Truthfully my discounts were good, but nothing beat all the free product I got from the vendors. I don't know why Bloomingdales won't hire me, but they are on my nerves.

Sigh... I miss it, but right now I'm getting free dance for my daughter, which is saving me $490/month, so I guess I can buy my own make-up full price!

Got my elf brow thing last night - trying it out today!
I love brows. Never tried the elf brow kit though. I use one from a store called visage here that does waxing and facials and such. Free dance is probable a better deal than makeup!! I wish my dance was free :p

Not exactly high end, but has anyone tried the Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Lip Glosses? They look super pigmented and dramatic, which I love in a lip for a night out, but makeup alleys reviews are very mixed. I want to be sure before I pay for shipping!
i've wanted to try lime crime forever! if anyone has experience with this brand please share.

Back