High School high school uniforms! SHOW THEM OFFF :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Girls actually are really proud of the larger mums! It's a big deal. That means your date spent more time or money making it/purchasing it ;) (or their mom did haha)......it was always a show each year to see who had the biggest/prettiest/most elaborate mums that morning at school. Typically if its anything bigger than 1 flower, then there is a ribbon that ties around the neck to hold it up. If it's just one flower, then it's a pin. For cheer, the girls either hang them on the wall or on their megaphone while they're cheering: Cheerleaders with Mums | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
the cheers and poms get mums for homecoming week at my school but they just hang them off their backpacks for the week

and where do you wear them on your body? like around your neck or what??
If it's a smaller mum (one flower) it has a pin that girls just put on their shirt. If it's a larger mum (2-3 flowers) then it goes around the neck because it has a ribbon tie instead of a pin.....otherwise the weight would make a big hole in your homecoming shirt lol. Some people get real crazy and elaborate with even more flowers, feather boas, light up stuff, belles, giant stuffed animals instead of the traditional little white bear, etc. so you can imagine how heavy some of them can get. Most people just stick with the normal 1-3 amount of flowers though and then a big trail of ribbon with little tied on or hot glued plastic things pertaining to what sport you play (they sell all of the basic stuff at Michaels & Hobby Lobby at that time of year. A lot of the big schools even have custom ribbon printed with their mascot/logo on them that gets sold there too).

I love learning new things about school traditions from different parts of the USA

My school is in Texas and all the cheerleaders wear a garter/mum on our legs for our homecoming parade and we bring them to the game on Friday night to hang on the fence.

finally able to upload a picture of Fairport's new uniforms!
xpx275.jpg

sorry the pic is huge i dont know how to make it smaller
This is a uni.....???????

st pius x-men :) they've since gotten new ones ..they are black and green instead..and MUCH nicer..lol
196850_18222222440_2800_n.jpg

Sorry for the double post! Just got my high school uni until we get our new ones in a few weeks.
549726_507847809229956_2105074155_n.jpg

I like these way more then the ones we are getting, the newer ones are way to busy.

Back