All-Star Holy Hair!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like it, but it isn't what is "trending" in the cheer world right now. It seems bigger is better is the current trend, and while it isn't what I would prefer it's what a lot of gyms are asking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who still likes a straight clean sleek high pony with a bow? Team Sleek on fleek. Lol

Thankful that the gym I coach at requires a straight back straight ponytail. The older girls like to tease their hair, and we had a few girls last year with the posh pony things, but everyone else seems to enjoy the simple look haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who still likes a straight clean sleek high pony with a bow? Team Sleek on fleek. Lol

Yes. I prefer a simple straight pony tail - no bump, no teasing, etc. We already get up at 4:30-5:00am for most cheer competitions. I can not imagine what time we would have to get up to do any more than that. Plus, she does not like having her hair done so the fights would be endless! lol

For anyone that bought an expensive hair piece.....how did you go about doing the matching up? I am willing to put out the cash for a good one that can be curled but I want it to match well. I've seen some that the hair looks yellow or white rather than blonde and am worried about the color match for my CP.

My daughter's piece is 14" and it's the perfect length. I always recommend that length to anyone who is interested. Her best friend has a 16" and hers is good too, but she specifically requested a very natural looking tease, so it's smaller and tasteful. It looks like her real hair.

Do they have light hair? Just wondering how you did the color matching.

For anyone that bought an expensive hair piece.....how did you go about doing the matching up? I am willing to put out the cash for a good one that can be curled but I want it to match well. I've seen some that the hair looks yellow or white rather than blonde and am worried about the color match for my CP.

Not sure if it was in this thread but some people bought the hair on their own so they can match it and then sent it in to pinup ponies and she'll make it out of the hair you bought. That way you can see the hair in person and get a perfect (or close to perfect) match.

I like it, but it isn't what is "trending" in the cheer world right now. It seems bigger is better is the current trend, and while it isn't what I would prefer it's what a lot of gyms are asking for.

But bigger is better
And better is bigger
And a little bit is never enough! ;)
(shoutout to everyone that gets my hsm reference)

With pinups you have the option to go match your own and send the hair to them. I found that unless your child has very dark or platinum blonde hair, Sally's is the best place to do this. If you have very dark or very light hair you can probably save some money at a local beauty supply.

Posh matches by you sending them photos in different light conditions. I don't know how good they are at this, but I have had mixed results with doing this from other companies for dance for my kid, who has light brown hair.

I bought hair myself with my daughter and sent it in to Pinups Ponies to make the hair piece.

Yes! I love the sleek look. I wish this huge pony tail trend would go away just like I wish that stupid Whip and Nae-Nae song would go away too. If I had a penny for eveytime I hear that song i'd have my own cheer gym. :cheering:

Yes! I love the sleek look. I wish this huge pony tail trend would go away just like I wish that stupid Whip and Nae-Nae song would go away too. If I had a penny for eveytime I hear that song i'd have my own cheer gym. :cheering:

Omg same!!!!!

Do they have light hair? Just wondering how you did the color matching.

I am so sorry, I just saw this!

Yes, she has light hair. You can do it one of a few ways.
1) Go to Sally's (or another beauty supply store) and ask them to help you match the hair. Once they find hair that matches, you can take a photo and send the photo to Pinups. There are numbers/letters associated with different tones of hair. Then she can create something for you out of her own hair stock with that tone.
2) Instead of sending her a photo of the hair, you could purchase the hair and send it to her. You just have to make sure you're getting the right kind. 100% human hair, absolutely no synthetic or blends, and make sure it's the right length.
3) A friend of mine recently purchased and clipped a piece of her daughters hair underneath and sent that instead. I've never known anyone else to do it that way, but I would imagine that would work too.

It always helps to send close up photos of the hair in natural light as well.

Did you buy your own hair or get it from Pin-Ups? I ask because my CP's hair is about the same color and I'm wondering what number the color is (she actually just darkened her hair to your daughter's color and loves it- just have to make sure she is going to stay dark!) Thanks!

This is my CP in her pinups

ba61781073eabedf8c1444ec22db1e42.jpg

c3f72a23b198babc509b5597371e2233.jpg

This is her natural hair at the beginning of the season

b5fa0e995e1254beb502802fd9a8917a.jpg

This took me about 45 min and it fell significantly.

Her hair is longer than this now and it doesn't even do this well.

Back