All-Star Hours For Each Age/level???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
So after watching Cheer Mini Allatars and the hours they put in I'm left wondering how many hours of practice is most appropriate or the norm for each age/level division???

I don't think 3 privates a wk is typical for mini age. My daughter is mini 1 and she practices twice a wk for 2 hours each time with her team and then does 1 half hour private a wk and open gym for 2 hours on Friday.

Speaking from experience of all the team levels/divisions my CP has been on
Mini/Youth L1/L2- 2 hours twice a week total 4 hours a week
Jr L2/L3 - 2 hours twice a week= 4 hours a week

Our J4 & Sr 5- twice a week 2.5 hours = 5 hours a week.

I think all of our teams are 2 hours 2 days a week except tinys who are 1 hour 2 days a week. Sometimes we have an extra practice before competitions! My daughter does 2 tumble lessons and a flight lesson a week. Gotta get ready for tryouts!

2 hours, twice a week for each team plus 1 half hour private. So, 8.5 hours weekly. She's on Level 3 teams but working on level 5 skills.

Our mini's are in the gym 4 hours a week during the season but come nationals it could be 6 hours a week (straight practice, not including additional classes). I think one of the mom's said her daughter is there 12 hours a week (Makenzie???) From the other post someone said she also doubles on a sr. 3 or 4. I can't remember her age but if she does double then I can see her being in the gym that much.

I don't think for one second those kids are practicing as much as the show made it sound. I don't even know any Senior 5 Worlds teams that are in the gym for 25 hours a week. :rolleyes: I think that was just for TV. From what I've seen anywhere from 4-10 hours is "normal". My kids have always had two 2-hour practices, one 1-hour private, and half to one-hour tumbling class.

Their new gym we're starting next week is 2 weeknight practices that are 2.5 hours each, and a weekend practice that is 3 hours--these include tumbling and 90 minutes/week of conditioning in these times. With two 1-hour privates a week, that'll still only be 10 hours total for each.

I was on the same thought process of all of you then on fb a friends, friend was telling me her Kindergardner does 12 hrs total gym time a week. Heck my cp double teams and doesn't hit that at 12yrs old and only did 15 when she competed JOGA gymnastics and 1 cheer team! These poor babies!

Back