OT How Do You Deal With The Cattiness?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 26, 2010
If you put a large number of teenage girls together, you're bound to get a load of cattiness, whether at school, at the gym, at competitions online.

What do you do about it?
What do you tell yourself or your athletes?
How do you deal with it?

I think the nicest thing I've herd of was a team circle in the gym, and everyone shares their experiences, stories of people bringing them down etc. It got really emotional, but it taught all of the girls that they weren't alone, and that they had to pull through as a team.

On a more personal note, do you tell anyone if you heard something negative from another athlete?

I don't deal with the cattiness, I ignore it. The less people involved the better. And when my team mates came to me with the latest "gossip", I'd tell them to keep out of it because it was none of their concern and them spreading rumors doesn't help. (Of course I'd say it nicely.)

If its cattiness that brings down myself or other members of the team, I will make sure the source of the cattiness knows my frustration with them. They might not care what I say but even if I just give then a look they can tell on my face that I want them to stop. I believe that the athletes should solve the problem themselves, they need to learn lessons for themselves and not have the parents handle everything for them.

Back