All-Star How Important Are Facials?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 26, 2010
We have often heard our coaches yelling at us for not performing enough. So...
...how important do you think performing actually is to the judges and the scoresheet?
...what are your favorite facials to do?
...who are your favorite performers (person or teams as a whole)?
...with all of the fuss over uniforms, hair, make up and bows, do we get so caught up in the performance or appearance of the routine that we forget its a sport?

i think performance is a lot difference than facials
i prefer seeing people smile/enjoying what they are doing or singing the music.
performance definitely impacts scoring a lot. at least for overall impression.
there are plenty of teams that can sell me horrible choreography
and plenty of teams that cant sell me on the best choreography ive seen.

my favorite performers are the ladies of Shooting Stars <3 they have the energy and spirit to make you love a performance without forced facials

and who cares if its a sport if it doesnt appear that you like doing it?

I think they are extremely important. I have seen a team perform all the elements in their routine well day one, and be good and the next day sell the heck out of the routine and knock my socks off. Same routine, same elements hit just different performance. I think it has to do with more than just facials. More like the energy that comes off the floor and the judges can definitely feel it.

Although I am not an enormous SS fan I have to agree that seeing them in person they are definitely great performers without looking forced.

i think performance is a lot difference than facials
i prefer seeing people smile/enjoying what they are doing or singing the music.
performance definitely impacts scoring a lot. at least for overall impression.
there are plenty of teams that can sell me horrible choreography
and plenty of teams that cant sell me on the best choreography ive seen.

my favorite performers are the ladies of Shooting Stars <3 they have the energy and spirit to make you love a performance without forced facials

and who cares if its a sport if it doesnt appear that you like doing it?

i believe u have to preform, that doesnt necissarily mean huge facials!
i like see big smiles most of all, having fun and shimming, or singing
i dont rele like seeing big kissy or pouty faces

hmm again, i'm biased, but I think the girls on APX Envy are amazing performers. Like not just a select few, but every single one of them.

hey i dont mind seeing crazy facials here and there it just makes competitions more entertaining to look at, but deep down I think as long as you and your team have great energy while performing it will bounce back to the judges and as a whole you will get better score sheets:)

I totally think that facials matter, but not a crazy facial just a simple smile will do. I dont think that there is a focus of the sport itself taken off my makeup, uniforms etc. Thats just added glitz but without the skills you wont win. I have to say shooting stars are the best performers I have seen. They just give off this energy and vibe that is unmatched.

I love the 'A' 'E' 'I' 'O' 'U' 'Wink' facials:D

I had never heard of anyone doing the 'A'E'I'O'U facials until I started cheering in school and thought it was the weirdest thing ever! you can give off so much more energy by just singing the song.

...but i have to agree that I am a BIG fan of winks!

I had never heard of anyone doing the 'A'E'I'O'U facials until I started cheering in school and thought it was the weirdest thing ever! you can give off so much more energy by just singing the song.

...but i have to agree that I am a BIG fan of winks!

what is the a'e'i'o'u facials.... o__O

Vowel mouths are a no for me. I'm talking about individuals (or the team) that only do that kind. I agree that performance faces, smiling and showing you're enjoying what you're doing is the most important. I do like the occasional winks and shimmies though because then it gives off the more sassy, fierce look.

Not sure if this has anything to do with how it's judged overall as a team, but when I did an individual (this was a couple years back when vowel mouths were basically all you did) and I did them and the judges notes said to just plain smile more. I look back and wonder what the heck I was doing.

Back