All-Star How Important Are Facials?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think that we are all assuming that facials have to be over the top. Isn't the word facial just short for facial expression?... Which if you think about it is really no different than singing, smiling and performing. There is definitely room for moderate facials, they don't have to be over the top

I think that we are all assuming that facials have to be over the top. Isn't the word facial just short for facial expression?... Which if you think about it is really no different than singing, smiling and performing. There is definitely room for moderate facials, they don't have to be over the top

i HATE teams with guys that look like they were forced to be there. i dont understand all the guys who cant even seem to smile through a routine, or even stand up straight, or hit a semi normal looking motion.

then i wind up watching them the whole time because they look so miserable

I don't even understand why guys would cheer if they're not going to look like they want to be there. I mean I'm pretty sure they've been teased about it at school at some point, why not look like you want to be there and prove to people that you're good so that's why you do it

I love when teams really get into the music and basically look like they are having fun out there with lots of energy. Not a fan of fishy lips, or overly done facials. Some just look plain stupid. Do I really need to see you sticking out your gross looking tongue...ugh NO. Just have fun with it, make it look natural and energetic. I think that will impress the judges more.

Big eyed, bubble smile, bobble head girls drive me crazy...especially if they are the only ones on the team looking like that. It just draws too much attention to one person. As long as it looks like the teams are having fun performing, and it doesn't look like they hate their lives and are dying out there, I love watching any routine, even if it's horrible! Winks are cute too because they don't draw much attention to one person. Like a girl in the center of the pyramid in a prep, right before she is going to crunch, or show n go, adding a wink is adorable IMO. And I agree, coed teams with boys that don't have any emotion get me angry!

Big eyed, bubble smile, bobble head girls drive me crazy...especially if they are the only ones on the team looking like that. It just draws too much attention to one person. As long as it looks like the teams are having fun performing, and it doesn't look like they hate their lives and are dying out there, I love watching any routine, even if it's horrible! Winks are cute too because they don't draw much attention to one person. Like a girl in the center of the pyramid in a prep, right before she is going to crunch, or show n go, adding a wink is adorable IMO. And I agree, coed teams with boys that don't have any emotion get me angry!

I totally forgot about the bobble head.....ugh I hate those!!!

I like excited, natural "facials" and by that i mean mostly smiles, maybe a wink or and extra shimmy or so if thats the person's own attitude coming through. And I am all about singing the words-- I love doing it and watching it in a performance! Big O faces, bobble heads, etc. are so awful and distracting to me.

Also I love to look at the bases during the pyramid, like when the last structure hits and they are looking up and smiling just because they are proud of themselves/their team (and relieved haha), it just makes me happy for them i guess lol.

I wouldn't really say facials is the right word now. The actual faces have been phased out and now I think we've moved onto just giving energy. My favorite faces are the ones that you can look through an entire team's photos from a performance and tell who was having fun. Some people look dead but then there are just others who completely light up.

But I definitely think that a good performance and energy translates onto your scoresheet. It makes the judges like you better almost. Like they are more inclined to give you that 1 extra point because they loved the energy

i think facials are super important and it lets the judges know that your comfortable with your routine and that your actually having a good time! my favorite facials are winks kisses and these :O

Vowel mouths are a no for me. I'm talking about individuals (or the team) that only do that kind. I agree that performance faces, smiling and showing you're enjoying what you're doing is the most important. I do like the occasional winks and shimmies though because then it gives off the more sassy, fierce look.

Not sure if this has anything to do with how it's judged overall as a team, but when I did an individual (this was a couple years back when vowel mouths were basically all you did) and I did them and the judges notes said to just plain smile more. I look back and wonder what the heck I was doing.

LOL. I don't mean do it all the time! Just like, ya know, if you're bored of smiling at the dance part or that!

A few years ago the crazy facials were big. But you don't really see girls on Top Gun and Shooting Stars making awkward faces at the judges now. I think that those should really be kept to a minimum. Maybe one or two in the dance. I'd say smile smile smile! Or sing! Get into it. Try not to swallow flies with your mouth wide open the whole time. On the other hand, I think it's adorable when I see little mini teams do big facials. So cute! :)

Back