All-Star I Dont Know If This Is A Good Thread To Make

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
I just got my team placement today, and I was put only on senior coed 4 but heres the thing, I have a full, jumps to tuck, and I was the only one that threw a front full, yet theres this 1 boy who made medium coed 5 but he didn't have a full and jumps to tuck. Is there a somehow a good reason they put me on coed 4 and not on level 5? If this isn't a good thread to make, PLEASE tell me! Thanks!

I just got my team placement today, and I was put only on senior coed 4 but heres the thing, I have a full, jumps to tuck, and I was the only one that threw a front full, yet theres this 1 boy who made medium coed 5 but he didn't have a full and jumps to tuck. Is there a somehow a good reason they put me on coed 4 and not on level 5?

Coed stunting ability, experience, maturity, there are lots of reasons.

I didn't ask, I didn't want to seem like a brat. I should've asked?

Yup. You can do it a non-bratty way. Instead of asking why you didn't make 5, let them know you're interested in 5 and ask what you can do to improve your skills to make 5 in the future. There tends to be some movement over the summer at most clubs, and they could be watching to see how you fit in with certain groups/gain certain skills/work with your team. Is this your first year with the club?

Yup. You can do it a non-bratty way. Instead of asking why you didn't make 5, let them know you're interested in 5 and ask what you can do to improve your skills to make 5 in the future. There tends to be some movement over the summer at most clubs, and they could be watching to see how you fit in with certain groups/gain certain skills/work with your team. Is this your first year with the club?
Yes, that's why I didn't want to ask.

I didn't ask, I didn't want to seem like a brat. I should've asked?

it all depends on how your frame your approach. "how come i didn't make a level 5 team" wouldn't be my approach as is sounds as if i thought i should've made a level 5 team and am doubting/questioning the coaches judging ability. i would say something along the lines of "what improvements should i make in order to make it to a level 5 team, and what do you think is holding me back". with that way, it sounds like im taking responsibility for myself and am looking to improve and willing to take criticism in order to improve.

it all depends on how your frame your approach. "how come i didn't make a level 5 team" wouldn't be my approach as is sounds as if i thought i should've made a level 5 team and am doubting/questioning the coaches judging ability. i would say something along the lines of "what improvements should i make in order to make it to a level 5 team, and what do you think is holding me back". with that way, it sounds like im taking responsibility for myself and am looking to improve and willing to take criticism in order to improve.
Ah, yes, this is what I mostly meant by not asking in a doubtful meaning! Thank you!

How many boys on the med coed team? I am assuming you are female and while you may have outperformed the boy did how do you compare to other girls that made the team?

**Slip n Slide. Official sponsor of Worlds 2016**

Back