All-Star I'd Really Like A Clarification Of A Rule Please

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010

Primary weight may not be borne at second level. Clarification: The transition must be continuous. RulesGuy I don't understand why at 2:38, that pyramid element is legal. The top girl, at ABOVE TWO HIGH, is bearing primary weight on her assisting preps. I understand the preps go down to below prep level, but still above two high. According to the following clarification (If the primary bases squat, go to their knees or drop the overall height of the stunt and hold the top person at their shoulder level, this skill would be considered shoulder level and therefore illegal, regardless of the back spot’s positioning) it seems as though the height of an individual does not affect how high the individual is in terms of levels, being it two high, extended, etc. The transition is continuous part confuses me also. If the transition is supposed to be continuous, it should be for the braced flyer, if I am not mistaken. In this case, the flyer is in the same position, braced at above two high, and no transitioning while the braces height is lowered.

I wish I could answer this question for you, but I really have no idea. But, could the center flyers personal stunt group catching her as she comes down be the way around the rule? Like I said, I wish I knew as well.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Weather Girls did the exact same thing last year, right?

This has been done by several teams before (ICC and Weather Girls are two off the top of my head). I think many have questioned it before but I can't remember what the answer was. It is something I would be interesting in knowing as well.

Primary weight may not be borne at second level. Clarification: The transition must be continuous. RulesGuy I don't understand why at 2:38, that pyramid element is legal. The top girl, at ABOVE TWO HIGH, is bearing primary weight on her assisting preps. I understand the preps go down to below prep level, but still above two high. According to the following clarification (If the primary bases squat, go to their knees or drop the overall height of the stunt and hold the top person at their shoulder level, this skill would be considered shoulder level and therefore illegal, regardless of the back spot’s positioning) it seems as though the height of an individual does not affect how high the individual is in terms of levels, being it two high, extended, etc. The transition is continuous part confuses me also. If the transition is supposed to be continuous, it should be for the braced flyer, if I am not mistaken. In this case, the flyer is in the same position, braced at above two high, and no transitioning while the braces height is lowered.

L5 Pyramids-Release Moves
  1. During a pyramid transition, a top person may pass above 2 persons high while in direct physical contact with at least one person at prep level or below.
Because the flyer is in constant motion it is in legal

I find it ironic that the skill is legal, but the teaching of it is not XD
We had this in our routine for a while and in order to teach it you start by doing split 2-2-1's and *then* you add the preps moving and the flip lol

OMG! this is the most frustrating thing ever. Mostly because in 2010 Epic Onyx did this and they had 2 of them go, and they got safety deductions for them ultimately dropping them from 6th to 13th in prelims..and they were in 6th with a fall...if the hit on day 2 theres no doubt in my mind it would've been a top 3 finish...

At. 7:06 Just ingnore the hot mess of a team...and their display of their unis :rolleyes:

It is legal because someone is touching the middle flyer at the bottom on her center. You would basically argue that if you took away the took half's supporting her she would be in an extended straddle split.

OMG! this is the most frustrating thing ever. Mostly because in 2010 Epic Onyx did this and they had 2 of them go, and they got safety deductions for them ultimately dropping them from 6th to 13th in prelims..and they were in 6th with a fall...if the hit on day 2 theres no doubt in my mind it would've been a top 3 finish...

Wasn't it in 2010 when ICC did it as well or was that 2009?

ahh I could be wrong but I think ICC did it that year as well but for some reason they didnt compete it at worlds? I could be 100% wrong though so dont quote me...

Yeah I am not sure either I just remember them doing the same thing and people thought it was so cool yet questioned the legality of it. I was thinking it was the same year but maybe they didn't do it at worlds.

Yeah I am not sure either I just remember them doing the same thing and people thought it was so cool yet questioned the legality of it. I was thinking it was the same year but maybe they didn't do it at worlds.
yeah I just remember it cause a whole tizzy cause Luke Johnson did both teams choreo and people we're saying that epic stoel their pyramid and junk...but either way it was redic.

It is legal because someone is touching the middle flyer at the bottom on her center. You would basically argue that if you took away the took half's supporting her she would be in an extended straddle split.
didn't see that part, so makes sense now

The thing I've always wondered is if you had someone in the routine who was REALLY tall as could touch her center while being 2 1/2 high in the air would it not be legal?

The thing I've always wondered is if you had someone in the routine who was REALLY tall as could touch her center while being 2 1/2 high in the air would it not be legal?

I always wanted to have the shortest group with the shortest flyer do that :D
Or a 2-2-1 where you put your hands like your holding an extended partner stunt.

At. 7:06 Just ingnore the hot mess of a team...and their display of their unis :rolleyes:

The got dinged because the preps went back up before the flyer flipped off. Because of that there was no way you could argue the weight was being held by the girl on the ground.
When they went back up the skill was no longer continuous.

Latest posts

Back