All-Star International (not Us) Gym Questionaire

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

just re-read through this thread and i know it isn't part of @King 's survey, but would anyone add what the typical "season" is in their countries? like Dec- April or July - Dec, etc.? :)

It's a bit weird here, most teams start tryouts/summer practices any time between July and September, first comp is usually November/December and there's quite a few from then until the end of March. But then there's a bit of a break and our major nationals is at the beginning of July, along with a couple of other summer competitions. Although one of our EPs put on 2 new comps last year- one in April and one in May, so my guess is soon our comp season will run Nov-July.

just re-read through this thread and i know it isn't part of @King 's survey, but would anyone add what the typical "season" is in their countries? like Dec- April or July - Dec, etc.? :)
For Germany: Regionals are in early months of the year (Feb-March), qualifying teams then go to Worlds/ICU in April and Nationals are then in May/June. Seems backwards, but teams qualify for Worlds in the prior year (so if you qualify in 2014, you go to Worlds/ICU in April 2015). There are "open competitions" (non-qualifiers and non-organization competitions) throughout the year that teams can/will attend. So practice probably really starts after summer breaks in September and then goes thru June.

It really depends but typically the comp season is either feb-july or nov-july typicall the more southerly teams don't tend to start their comp season until feb

-Country
Germany

-Name of gym
Titans Berlin

-Approx # of athletes
50-70

-Gym setup (how many floors, if spring, how many panels per floor)
We use space in a standard gym that is used for many different sports and belongs to a gymnastics facility. Gymnastics has spring floor but we cannot use it. We hav 5 1/2 strips of mats.
Last season we rented spring floor every other weekend for 1.5 hours but it was really early on saturday mornings so attendence was a real problem so we couldn't keep financing it. Still trying to get better times for this season though.

-About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive)
Berlin and the whole area is packed with cheerleading clubs. It's a mess. There are I'd guess at least 10 from the top of my head. They are also divided under two different governing bodies. Really, if we would just all get together, we would probably even have the financial means to rent a real gym and field competitive teams in every division. Ah well...

-Gyms in Country
no idea

-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees)
12€/month
We try and fund everything through money we get through event bookings and games. So last year, athletes only had to pay for practice wear (which we will keep for the next couple of years). That amounted to something aroung 60-100€ max.
Uniforms are given out for events and are collected and washed afterwards. People do get assigned a certain uniform number for the season. They can't take it home but they also don't have to pay anything for it.

-Do you have tumbling classes? How much?
We tried it last year and want to do it again this year, IF we get more feasible times so more people can attend. We need them to pay 2-3€ per 1.5h session to finance it. Not enough people participated last season.

-Approx # of athletes: 300+
-Gym setup (how many floors, if spring, how many panels per floor): 2 spring floors plus tumbling area
-About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive): 4, I think?
-Gyms in Country: Many
-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees): CP's team is about $1200 this year. Comp fees are another $350 for 6 comps.
-Do you have tumbling classes? How much?: Yes, group tumbling classes work out to about $20/hour

This is interesting especially the coaching and insurance:

What is cheerleading in French

one of the kids I coach had to introduce herself in her French class at school. it ended up in a heavy discussion between the teacher who corrected her by telling it was not cheerleader but pom-pom-girl and my athlete correcting the teacher it was not pom-pom-girl but cheerleader and how teacher obviously had no clue about the sport she does.

all sportsclub start in september here since 1st of september is also when the school season starts.
in march we have our annual showcase and in may is our national competition, where you can qualify for europeans (ecu) which is usually in june.

our season ends the last weekend of june. july and august is school holiday and many are on vacation, so we do practice with several groups together.

-Country
Sweden (Based i Stockholm)
-Name of gym
Dynamite Cheerleading :)
-Approx # of athletes
About 300
2 dead floors, each consist of 7 panels
7-8?
-Gyms in Country
No idea...Many though
-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees)
About 400 Dollars per term (August-December/ Januari-June) to train. Competition fees vary depending on the competition. Also athletes pay for all of the extra stuff like music, bows, & clothes.
-Do you have tumbling classes? How much?
Yes, no charge.
-Anything else you wish to share. I am learning a lot about international cheer.
You should come to Sweden for a visit ;)

-Country Canada
-Name of gym Vancouver All Stars
-Approx # of athletes i want to say about 500 or more...
Old Location: 2 full floors
5 panel hard floor
1 rod tumble track
1 Tumble track
2 trampolines
New Location: (I have yet to visit, so correct me if i'm wrong)
3 or 4 full floors. (3 sprung 1 hard?)
1 rod floor
1 tumble track
2 trampolines
has a athletes lounge and parent upstairs viewing area.
Dance studio? not sure if its in the gym or affiliated, or if it has bars ect....
Stwassen Location ie. VAS south (Formally West Coast)
1 full hard floor
1 air tack
at one point had a folding wheeled trampoline
Gym is in a elementary school everything I believe is stilled rolled up each night.. At least it was when I was a West Coast athlete a few years before VAS bought it out.

******I left a year or so before the move to the new gym so I may be wrong on some information...)

Champion
Absolute
Panthers
Midnight
Langley cheer and Dance
Extreme
Valley
Pacific Coast Cheer
Adrenaline

All in lower main land... I'd say max 2 hours 2.5 depending on traffic.
Some gyms in the Okanagan and on the island that were not listed....
Over all, each program is close enough to potentially attend each competition without use of hotel (dependent on time on competing of course.)

-Gyms in Country
A lott
15 in B.C
15 in Alberta
10-12 in Saskatchewan
8-10? in Manitoba
35 in Ontario (based on who has a listed address on Cheer Evolution im sure there are more aprox 50+ i would assume)
30 in Quebec
2 In PEI
18 in Nova Scotia
9 New Brunswick
1 Newfoundland

147 in Canada give or take...

-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees) if I remember right aprox 150/month
-Do you have tumbling classes? How much? 35/h private 25/h semi?
Been awhile plus my parents paid...lol

B.c circit starts in Dec with PINK (formally HSBC) Finishes in April with Sea To Sky

-Country Canada
-Name of gym Vancouver All Stars
-Approx # of athletes i want to say about 500 or more...
Old Location: 2 full floors
5 panel hard floor
1 rod tumble track
1 Tumble track
2 trampolines
New Location: (I have yet to visit, so correct me if i'm wrong)
3 or 4 full floors. (3 sprung 1 hard?)
1 rod floor
1 tumble track
2 trampolines
has a athletes lounge and parent upstairs viewing area.
Dance studio? not sure if its in the gym or affiliated, or if it has bars ect....
Stwassen Location ie. VAS south (Formally West Coast)
1 full hard floor
1 air tack
at one point had a folding wheeled trampoline
Gym is in a elementary school everything I believe is stilled rolled up each night.. At least it was when I was a West Coast athlete a few years before VAS bought it out.

******I left a year or so before the move to the new gym so I may be wrong on some information...)

Champion
Absolute
Panthers
Midnight
Langley cheer and Dance
Extreme
Valley
Pacific Coast Cheer
Adrenaline

All in lower main land... I'd say max 2 hours 2.5 depending on traffic.
Some gyms in the Okanagan and on the island that were not listed....
Over all, each program is close enough to potentially attend each competition without use of hotel (dependent on time on competing of course.)

-Gyms in Country
A lott
15 in B.C
15 in Alberta
10-12 in Saskatchewan
8-10? in Manitoba
35 in Ontario (based on who has a listed address on Cheer Evolution im sure there are more aprox 50+ i would assume)
30 in Quebec
2 In PEI
18 in Nova Scotia
9 New Brunswick
1 Newfoundland

147 in Canada give or take...

-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees) if I remember right aprox 150/month
-Do you have tumbling classes? How much? 35/h private 25/h semi?
Been awhile plus my parents paid...lol

B.c circit starts in Dec with PINK (formally HSBC) Finishes in April with Sea To Sky

I wish we had that many.
We have:
Dynamite Cheerleading
Central Cheer - only ones with their own gym space
Scorpions Elite - I believe they have dedicated space in a gymnastics facility
Legacy Cheerleading
Melrose Cheer
Manitoba Cheer Force
Aerials Elite

Hello International Friends! I wanted to know if you would share a few details about cheerleading in your country for me.

-Country - CANADA
-Name of gym - POWER CHEER TORONTO
-Approx # of athletes - 450
-Gym setup (how many floors, if spring, how many panels per floor) - 3 FULL SPRING FLOORS (9 PANELS) 1 6 PANEL TUMBLING FLOOR, TUMBLE TRACK, WORK OUT AREA
-About how many gyms in your area (within an hour drive) - AT LEAST 15
-Gyms in Country - 150 ISH
-Cost to train/compete (how much per month? comp fees) - $250 (COMP FEES INCLUDED)
-Do you have tumbling classes? How much? - YES, LOTS (ABOUT 300 CLASS ATHLETES). $100-ISH PER MONTH

-Anything else you wish to share. I am learning a lot about international cheer.

Back