All-Star Is It True ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I for one would be all for it. But that is not what is happening. The person who will be taking over the facility is doing it from a business standpoint, not a cheerleading one. She is a businesswoman and hasn't really been in the cheer indsutry in the past as a gym owner or anything like that. She has a knowledgeable staff which will be able to help on the cheer side of things. But there are much bigger plans beyond cheer for the facility.

interesting anyway...down here CJA and the Comets are well known Jersey teams and we have competed agains both. whatever happened will be good to see both back on the mat in 2012

That might be the quickest merger fail I've ever seen.

I think the Nitros/Shore Thunder deal in Delaware failed quicker!! Out of respect for other gyms i'm not affiliated with I'm not gossiping just stating what I do know from emails from the gym... it was announced that the Shore Thunder gym was going to be the new Nitros gym and all Shore Thunder stuff at the gym was covered up and replaced with Nitro stuff and the day of tryouts Shore Thunder owners said no. It was a little more harsher than that to say the least. I am not affiliated with either of the gyms so I try not to spread any thing about other gyms. I do however work with a lady that is affiliated with the gym though.

I think the Nitros/Shore Thunder deal in Delaware failed quicker!! Out of respect for other gyms i'm not affiliated with I'm not gossiping just stating what I do know from emails from the gym... it was announced that the Shore Thunder gym was going to be the new Nitros gym and all Shore Thunder stuff at the gym was covered up and replaced with Nitro stuff and the day of tryouts Shore Thunder owners said no. It was a little more harsher than that to say the least. I am not affiliated with either of the gyms so I try not to spread any thing about other gyms. I do however work with a lady that is affiliated with the gym though.

Actually the South gym competed as Nitros for 1 season.

Woa What?! Wow you get a sinus infection and don't check the board for a day and this is what you come back to.
I will never get sick again! ;)

Angel, it's been known since before the season started that Vinny wanted less involvement. And its a fact that the person who is going in on the facility has been wanting in on it for some time now.
I always wondered who topxofxmyxgame was. Wow I am kind of shocked.

thats real ignorant to say

to be quite honest it is short and sweet PA got what she wanted and it's a shame to see what happened to comets it literally breaks my heart.

I don't think you can say that. I've heard both sides, and believe the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. If kids decide to stay at Comets, then they'll stay and help rebuild, but there were rumors of issues long before this take over ever happened. Obviously, being from NJ, we're used to those type of rumors, but the take over just reinforced them to the people that believed them to be true. I don't know that Vinny should've announced the deal at the banquet without any paperwork being signed, but hindsight is always 20/20.

I heard the financial "backer" backed out. Any truth to this and I wonder what this will mean for the kids who remained with Comets?

I heard the financial "backer" backed out. Any truth to this and I wonder what this will mean for the kids who remained with Comets?
It was never someone just putting money into the gym. It was someone purchasing the gym, full ownership change. There are not any athletes in the comet allstar program. There is someone who is buying the gym that should take place within the next 2 months. The person who bought the gym has an allstar program that is coming in with already established teams.

Back