All-Star Is This For Real?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wait..go back.

ICE went after Ice Athletics to make them change to ICC because they had it 'trademarked' and it affected their brand. They then take over the gym to give these kids a home after the owners are arrested for sleeping with minors. They then, go back, and HIRE SAID COACHES BACK AGAIN FOR THAT SAME GYM!?! Are you insane. Are you?

Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. Because ICE Athletics/ICC isn't affecting your trademark, it's your hiring practices. Seriously- you take over their gym to 'help' with the fact that these people are evil and you CONTINUE TO LET THEM COACH CHILDREN WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!

I have so much rage right now. So. Much. Rage.

Awe, us Illinois people have bad reputations? Luckily we live in Southern IL and cheer in another state!
Don't count your chickens yet, the USASF might come out with a requirement to cheer in the STATE you're a resident of next...because these are the most important issues. >eyeroll<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard gyms argue it is too costly and that few will just be passed on to the customer in an already expensive sport.

I would gladly pay that fee as part of my tuition.

**remember kids, don't try this at home**

Sadly, parents will spend thousands on bling and swag for their kids and themselves emblazoned with gym names and thousands for "mandatory" practice outfits...a different one for every major competition and thousands on private tumbling lessons and thousands crossing the country for that summit or world bid, but $5.00 extra a month added to tuition is just to much to bear! Sad excuse!

As long as the USASF does not make it a mandatory part of membership and not the choice of which membership you want to be a part of, nothing will change. Keeping these kids safe from predators should be the top priority.

Just my opinion but I would pull my child with so much quickness the gym would be like :eek:
If it happens once, that's one thing but this is a repeat issue with THE. SAME. GYM. To me that's no longer an isolated incident and evidence of something much more troublesome. I would like to know if some of these coaches were recommended by others? Is ICE just a safe haven for pedophiles in the industry? I agree that USASF should probably spend more time and money concerned with issues and gyms like these and less with where Susie lives/cheers.
Kind of kills me the lengths people will go for a Worlds title/Nationals jacket. Who cares if Susie may be molested...she got that NCA jacket didn't she?!

Wait..go back.

ICE went after Ice Athletics to make them change to ICC because they had it 'trademarked' and it affected their brand. They then take over the gym to give these kids a home after the owners are arrested for sleeping with minors. They then, go back, and HIRE SAID COACHES BACK AGAIN FOR THAT SAME GYM!?! Are you insane. Are you?

Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. Because ICE Athletics/ICC isn't affecting your trademark, it's your hiring practices. Seriously- you take over their gym to 'help' with the fact that these people are evil and you CONTINUE TO LET THEM COACH CHILDREN WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!

I have so much rage right now. So. Much. Rage.
No. Different coaches. They didn't hire them back, they just hired new dirt bags. I have no idea how this same program keeps attracting slime balls, but they do. 3 different coaches (2 were owners at the time), 3 different/separate incidents.

I posted this article last night on FB and every person was quick to condemn, except for one mom whose daughter goes there. She was quick to point out that said coach did not coach cheer teams and only did tumbling. I asked what difference it made and she again defended saying he was only coaching power tumbling and not cheer athletes and that he had only been hired 6-8 weeks ago! I guess on the bright side he was caught with someone underage outside the gym before he got a chance at the athletes in the gym!

I have heard gyms argue it is too costly and that few will just be passed on to the customer in an already expensive sport.

I would gladly pay that fee as part of my tuition.

Is it actually expensive down there? A friend of mine had to get one done for a volunteer position she was doing and it was only $50

I posted this article last night on FB and every person was quick to condemn, except for one mom whose daughter goes there. She was quick to point out that said coach did not coach cheer teams and only did tumbling. I asked what difference it made and she again defended saying he was only coaching power tumbling and not cheer athletes and that he had only been hired 6-8 weeks ago! I guess on the bright side he was caught with someone underage outside the gym before he got a chance at the athletes in the gym!
I saw this and was about to reply, but you had already asked the same thing I wanted to...what difference does it make what he coaches? Do tumbling athletes not matter?

I'm not sure why that seems to be the going answer of parents of cheerleaders at that program. "Oh, he was a tumbling coach, not a cheer coach ... So it's all gravy here!"

#Confused

This kind of reasoning is disgusting to me. So it was okay for all those NON TEAM MEMBERS to be with a child molester?! As long as it wasn't in your backyard?! That to me is insulting as a cheer mom with a kidlet in classes, glad to know my child's saftey is a lower priority because we aren't paying the big bucks.
It doesn't matter who he was coaching, team or tumbling...he is still a danger to minors.

Wondering if said minor was a member of the gym? Or did I miss them saying the minor had no gym affiliation?

Is it actually expensive down there? A friend of mine had to get one done for a volunteer position she was doing and it was only $50
I'm in NY and no not really expensive. Last one I had for a youth sport was $35 but was also fairly basic. You can get more intensive ones that do cost more but am not sure how much.

Thinking of cost. Say it does cost $100 per screening. If you have 100 kids in the gym it is only $1 more per kid for each coach screened. That is nothing in the whole scheme of what we pay.

Hope I did my math right on that one

We're not friends on Facebook so I have no idea who I'm condemning here, but if any part of that argument actually sounded reasonable to that mom....she's an idiot.

I can maybe forgive a one time hiring disaster but this is an accepted pattern of behavior at this gym. To defend it or justify it only tells me they have the strongest koolaid in the business.

So, this is the same ICE as in like .. world champs Lady Lightning ??? or is there two ICE's in Illinois ??

Im probably beating a dead horse .. :deadhorse:

One and the same! Although there are now 3 ICE In Illinois. ICE Aurora, ICE North and ICE Northwest, which are the two gyms they took over.

So, this is the same ICE as in like .. world champs Lady Lightning ??? or is there two ICE's in Illinois ??

Im probably beating a dead horse .. :deadhorse:
Yes to both - this is the same ICE as in world champs lady lightning... And yes, there are technically two ICE's in Illinois (actually, I think there are 3? since they bought out legendary premier, and I thought Layton too?)

They're all the same program though, and they're the same as the one in Indiana as well (because that one bought out ICC a few years ago and then had locations in both Indiana and Illinois).

But this location, in Aurora, IL, is the one where lady lightning is out of.

We're not friends on Facebook so I have no idea who I'm condemning here, but if any part of that argument actually sounded reasonable to that mom....she's an idiot.

I can maybe forgive a one time hiring disaster but this is an accepted pattern of behavior at this gym. To defend it or justify it only tells me they have the strongest koolaid in the business.

She was truly trying to defend that he was just a tumbling coach, while not actually saying that because he wasn't a cheer coach, it was ok!

Back