All-Star Is This For Real?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So, am I understanding this correctly? The police were trying to contact Shannon, the co-owner of that location, and he didn't return their calls?

I read that as the newspaper was trying to contact the owner, but I could be wrong.

I'm involved with a rec league, and we background check our coaches EVERY year, not just when they're first "hired" (volunteer). It costs $15 per coach, per year. Our athletes pay $270 per season for "tuition", for a 6 month season.

Sounds like his background was checked, so it's kind of a non-issue in this case, but nobody should ever accept cost as a reason not to check coaches' backgrounds.

P. S. For whatever it's worth, I'm in Illinois. ;-)

So, am I understanding this correctly? The police were trying to contact Shannon, the co-owner of that location, and he didn't return their calls?

The way I read it as the media was trying to contact Shannon?? But I would imagine since the arrest warrant listed ICE as his employer that they would have tried to contact the gym or go there looking for him? I'm just guessing though.

"A woman from ICE All Star Cheerleading’s Aurora office referred calls to a man named Shannon Young and said he owned the business. Young failed to respond to voice and text messages. On the voicemail greeting for his cell phone, he identifies himself as “Shannon Young with Ice All Stars.”

to the op's thread title/question: yes, the *charge* and *accusations* have been made. however, charge != conviction.

'The law presumes that persons charged with crime are innocent until they are proven, by competent evidence, to be guilty. To the benefit of this presumption the defendants are all entitled, and this presumption stands as their sufficient protection, unless it has been removed by evidence proving their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.'
- Coffin v. U.S., 156 U.S. 432 (1895)

also see 4th, 5th and 6th Amendments to the Constitution.

Ok this pervert aside, so there's a 15 year old prostitute whose parents called police on this guy? :oops: Sounds like there's a story there...
Now that you put it that way it does make you wonder what the difference was this time.

**there is always 2 sides of a story to be told...oh wait.....**

Ok this pervert aside, so there's a 15 year old prostitute whose parents called police on this guy? :oops: Sounds like there's a story there...

yeah I have some questions there... I'm hoping they didn't know what was going on but she felt abused and told her parents everything... otherwise :confused:

confession: I had to look up the definition for sodomy because I thought it involved an animal (which it can, apparently there are two definitions) and I was really confused about everything.

yeah I have some questions there... I'm hoping they didn't know what was going on but she felt abused and told her parents everything... otherwise :confused:

confession: I had to look up the definition for sodomy because I thought it involved an animal (which it can, apparently there are two definitions) and I was really confused about everything.
Was the prostitute a female?

Back