All-Star Jam Brands Score Sheet/grid Changes For 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2010
I didn't see this posted in any threads so forgive me if I missed it. I think this will make for some good discussion as I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the changes that were made.
e0890051f7789122d3d62a1eb37cb250.jpg
82408ea41138842cf43507541d42c0f4.jpg
d9b6769736031d32991d85045425e853.jpg
158f57c8feba429429534c82c428fccd.jpg
813c0e8e935c115d6026294cd133e00a.jpg
a7feb893947d1827bfeede0e3a281bef.jpg

Sorry these are so small (on my phone anyway). I downloaded the files to my iBooks and took screenshots from there. If needed, I can post the links.

ETA: here is the link to the page with all of the files. I figure this is probably easier to read anyway. JAMScore

Last edited:
Varsity released the same thing yesterday. I am really interested to see how gyms handle the new quantity rule that requires an elite building skill. Those are skills a lot of gyms locally tend to add later I. The season, and now it looks like they are going to have to go in right out of the gate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Varsity released the same thing yesterday. I am really interested to see how gyms handle the new quantity rule that requires an elite building skill. Those are skills a lot of gyms locally tend to add later I. The season, and now it looks like they are going to have to go in right out of the gate.

I think it is great b/c it will hopefully make gyms think about their level and that they are basing it off of the all-around factor.

The negative.... people have already chosen their teams and it's too late.

Overall I think I like the new scoresheet and I am glad it is being adopted by the EPs. I wish it was the USASF scoresheet versus "Varsity", "JAM" etc putting their brand on it. I love the fact that there is a "full team" credit. I wish the coed majority was different. If you have 8 guys you should need at least 6 coeds IMO.
A scoresheet is only as good as those doing the scoring, so I am hopeful that every person sitting in a judge's chair will be trained extensively. I feel that is as big of an issue as the scoresheet has been.

I do like the emphasis on technique and the full team credit. I worry about those "elite building skills" with younger teams. For instance, I don't know how many mini 2 teams are capable of what they are asking for as far as level 2 elite skills, and those skills are things that typically go in later in the season for most youth 2 teams in our area. The USASF backed down on what is legal on the higher levels, and this scoresheet is requiring more from lower levels to max out. It just seems to me they are working at cross purposes.

Does anyone know when the new rubrics/specific rules for judging tumbling for different levels will be released?

What bothers me is that the high range is a full point but the low and mid are only half a point. They should all be the same to keep it fair and to able to reward skills appropriately.

I am excited about the adjustments made to technique though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bothers me is that the high range is a full point but the low and mid are only half a point. They should all be the same to keep it fair and to able to reward skills appropriately.

I am excited about the adjustments made to technique though.

I think they did that because most teams are going to choreograph and go for the high range, not the mid or low range. If there are 10 teams in a division and 8 make the high range, there should be more room to separate out the good from the average IMO.

I think they did that because most teams are going to choreograph and go for the high range, not the mid or low range. If there are 10 teams in a division and 8 make the high range, there should be more room to separate out the good from the average IMO.

I understand why they did it but all of the ranges should be one point then. They should all be equal.

Back