All-Star Jamfest Europe :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Liverpool One (shopping centre) is nearby, but it's a bit of a trek. The arena's on the docks so there isn't much nearby, when I go I usually take all my food and stuff for the day with me and don't leave venue.
Thanks! :) Is there anywhere to eat in the arena? Although I guess it'd be quite pricey.

Thanks! :) Is there anywhere to eat in the arena? Although I guess it'd be quite pricey.
I think there's a hole in the wall that does hot dogs/burgers etc. There's a Pizza Express right outside but it gets busy pretty quickly (as you could imagine)

I think there's a hole in the wall that does hot dogs/burgers etc. There's a Pizza Express right outside but it gets busy pretty quickly (as you could imagine)
Ha when I first read that, I thought you meant a cash machine giving out hot dogs.......:rolleyes: Thanks. It's always so hard to know what to do when going to a new competition/venue :) Do they have 'vip' seating for the supporters when our team is on (although we're only small, so would only need like 10 seats for supporters :L)? Also do JAMfest tend to run on time? As the other competitions they've been like 2-3 hours behind before. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to be prepared :)

I'll just stick to this thread, as more people will probably look in here :) Level 5's be ready for a random person nuggeting in your routine, that will be me, lol!

Does anyone who's been before have any tips e.g. places to eat/whats nearish to it in Liverpool etc etc kinda like the info people put in the Cheersport and Worlds threads? It'd be really handy for that kind of info :)

*On a side note - make sure you bring over a brolly and wellies........it's England in the summer..it rains........a LOT! :p *
raincoat and boots :s? lol

raincoat and boots :s? lol
Oh umbrella and wellington boots :) we should do a like a mini guide for those coming over where we have different words for things, like lift and elevator or........(those are the only I can think of right now) :p lol

Ha when I first read that, I thought you meant a cash machine giving out hot dogs.......:rolleyes: Thanks. It's always so hard to know what to do when going to a new competition/venue :) Do they have 'vip' seating for the supporters when our team is on (although we're only small, so would only need like 10 seats for supporters :L)? Also do JAMfest tend to run on time? As the other competitions they've been like 2-3 hours behind before. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to be prepared :)
Yeah they have VIP seating, it's pretty substantial. They were running on time up until a certain point during one teams performance where they had to stop for half an hour whilst the St Johns Ambulance people helped one of the girls out. Their northerns ran to time this weekend though so providing no mishaps they seem to be ok. Which is a breath of fresh air at a British comp lol.

Oh umbrella and wellington boots :) we should do a like a mini guide for those coming over where we have different words for things, like lift and elevator or........(those are the only I can think of right now) :p lol
You all will need a dictionary/phrase book to understand us Scousers. I remember my friend coming over from NY and me taking her out in the city, after one conversation with a shopkeeper she asked me afterwards 'You were speaking English, wern't you?!?' Scouse is unlike conventional English ;)
On another note anything you want to know about Liverpool just ask, it's been my city for all of my *cough*32*cough* years, and I LOVE it :D

i do believe this would come in extremely handy

:)
Chips vs fries
this reminds me of a youtube video from years ago 2 girls kept on saying "your fries are our chips and your chips are our crisps

You all will need a dictionary/phrase book to understand us Scousers. I remember my friend coming over from NY and me taking her out in the city, after one conversation with a shopkeeper she asked me afterwards 'You were speaking English, wern't you?!?' Scouse is unlike conventional English ;)
On another note anything you want to know about Liverpool just ask, it's been my city for all of my *cough*32*cough* years, and I LOVE it :D

Lol I shall get watching 'desperate scouse wives' to pick up on the Northern lingo, although I guess I'd have a south western accent to some people (almost bristolian) :L lol.

I may just PM you nearer the time for some info. I think we're coming up for 2 days as it'll take us like 7 hours to get up from Devon, so think a tour of Liverpool will be in order on the Saturday! :)

I live in Belfast and grew up in London and I could do with a dictionary to understand scourers! I get that not everyone sounds like that though as I definitely don't sound like the people you hear on tv in Belfast :)
I am only bringing over a youth stunt group so anyone that is there please come and help cheer us on, its just going to be me and the assistant coach with the 5 girls and 3 of the mums :(

Lol I shall get watching 'desperate scouse wives' to pick up on the Northern lingo, although I guess I'd have a south western accent to some people (almost bristolian) :L lol.
Noooooooo please dont, that is the WORST prog ever, worse than TOWIE and that is saying something :eek:
I may just PM you nearer the time for some info. I think we're coming up for 2 days as it'll take us like 7 hours to get up from Devon, so think a tour of Liverpool will be in order on the Saturday! :)
Gladly, although when are the different divisions competing do we know which days? If you're up on the Friday, we have been invited to cheer on for the Olympic Torch Relay in Liverpool :) come cheer us on, cheering the torch on ;)

we scotts are even harder to understand, not only are our accents so broad we speak much faster lol! i was staffing at jamfest last weekend and everyone kept going "pardon?"

luckily i did camp and lived in georgia for a few months so i speak american fluently!

Back