All-Star Jamfest Europe :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aha! I hope the US teams don't think we're odd lol I think we will come up Friday, but not too sure. I'll let you know if we come up then, to get the details :D Why can't it be June already!?! As well as seeing the US teams and other European teams, I'm so excited to see the standard of home grown talent from the Level 1's all the way up to Level 6. I think this will be THE event in British Cheerleading for many years to come. I reckon there will soon be another big growth in British/European cheerleading which will be awesome! :)

I live in Belfast and grew up in London and I could do with a dictionary to understand scourers! I get that not everyone sounds like that though as I definitely don't sound like the people you hear on tv in Belfast :)
I am only bringing over a youth stunt group so anyone that is there please come and help cheer us on, its just going to be me and the assistant coach with the 5 girls and 3 of the mums :(
Let me know which team and when you're competitng and I'll get our whole home crowd cheering you on. I'm expecting a decent turnout being that the arena is 1.5 miles from our gym ;) You can actually buy Scouse/English phrase books all over Liverpool, but heres a couple of places to get you started.
S J W: Scouse Is Boss - A List Of Words And Phrases From Liverpool
Scouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA: do you know what an arlarse is???

I am only bringing over a youth stunt group so anyone that is there please come and help cheer us on, its just going to be me and the assistant coach with the 5 girls and 3 of the mums :(

Most definitely! As long as I'm not in warm-ups I'll grab some of my team to come cheer your Youth on :)

Aha! I hope the US teams don't think we're odd lol
I remember reading something quite a while ago that said the UK had more regional dialects that were significantly different from each other, than any other country, and that if you drive 10-20 miles down the road the accent will be different from where you started off. It's certianly true oooop north here ;)

I remember reading something quite a while ago that said the UK had more regional dialects that were significantly different from each other, than any other country, and that if you drive 10-20 miles down the road the accent will be different from where you started off. It's certianly true oooop north here ;)
According to my coaches partner who's from Missouri, I don't have an accent, although I think I probably have a westcournty twang. The closest major accent would be bristol, although I have noticed people who live in the country (our town's pretty isolated as it is, so proper country people) around my area have a really hard accent to understand. It's rather odd that for a small island we have many different accents/regional dialects and sayings. Lol

[quote="Hodiestoe, post:
ETA: do you know what an arlarse is???[/quote]

Nope, just googled it thought :D

According to my coaches partner who's from Missouri, I don't have an accent, although I think I probably have a westcournty twang. The closest major accent would be bristol, although I have noticed people who live in the country (our town's pretty isolated as it is, so proper country people) around my area have a really hard accent to understand. It's rather odd that for a small island we have many different accents/regional dialects and sayings. Lol
I'll let you know when I see you. You probably have a south western accent, or even a generic south one which will sound very different to my ears being up here, than to your coaches partner who is around those accents all the time. I don't have a Liverpool accent, I had to loose it when I went to work in Africa as they couldn't understand me LOL It's slowly coming back, although the kids at school say I talk posh but my American friends say I'm becoming more and more incomprehensible :confused:

i do believe this would come in extremely handy

this reminds me of a youtube video from years ago 2 girls kept on saying "your fries are our chips and your chips are our crisps
This makes me embarrassed to be English :eek:. The chips/fies/crisps thing reminds me of a programme we have over here called 'Don't Tell the Bride' where the groom organises the wedding but the bride doesn't know what it'll be like and for one couple the husband organised for them to get married in NY and then wanted fish and chips(fries) for their wedding mealing and the restaurant cooked them fish and crisps(your chips) :rolleyes:.

And then on top of those there's the whole gas/petrol, alu-min-[Y]um/alu-min[E]um, and the one that made me and MiniReeRah laugh the most at practice on Sunday was when our coach's American fiance said arrow and aero haha :D

Thanks! :) Is there anywhere to eat in the arena? Although I guess it'd be quite pricey.
There is a few fancy places on the docks. I got a salad and roll from i think its starbucks/costa coffee? which is just opposite the arena! There is a McDonalds 5 minutes walk away too! You won't be stranded for food..but I would say the quickest/cheapest option would be to bring your own food!

This makes me embarrassed to be English :eek:. The chips/fies/crisps thing reminds me of a programme we have over here called 'Don't Tell the Bride' where the groom organises the wedding but the bride doesn't know what it'll be like and for one couple the husband organised for them to get married in NY and then wanted fish and chips(fries) for their wedding mealing and the restaurant cooked them fish and crisps(your chips) :rolleyes:.

And then on top of those there's the whole gas/petrol, alu-min-[Y]um/alu-min[E]um, and the one that made me and MiniReeRah laugh the most at practice on Sunday was when our coach's American fiance said arrow and aero haha :D
lol that sounds awesome a lot of the british tv shows are sick i know we get bbc in canada and my mom and i watch it quite often and dont be embarassed i wish i was english sometimes lol :)

Back