All-Star Judges Mistake Rant

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah this isn't about cheer but in showchoir this year we were absolutely DEVASTATED that we got dead last by over 20 points, (we were the eight grade group in school) our seventh grade group got first. It was really disappointing, but we eventually moved on over the weekend. On Monday morning we all got called in to the show choir room and the producer of the completion told us what happened and explained that the eighth grade group actually got first and the seventh grade group got last, but even the numbers were screwed up and the seventh graders got last by 5 points. It was really sad for them, I felt really bad!

Look I've seen this quite a few times, not to my teams but to others. and I understand that it can be really frustrating/devastating but human error is just a part of life, we all make mistakes (I learnt that the hard way the other day).

At a small competition, there were 10 people in our division. They called 5th and better. It wasn't us. Then my coach looked at the scoresheets and we got 3rd, but they messed up and didn't call it right.
I'm sorry :( we went to a comp at our old gym - I think it was last year - where they read the entire division backwards. Lol - last place got first. Interesting plot twist! ;)

Cp's third year at NCA they were going into day 2 in first place, but there was one team we were definitely worried about. Come awards that team was called in 10th place out of 12, we were stunned. Later find out there was an error of some kind, but we know no details. When they sent out the award videos, they spliced the awards and redid the voice over to give them their rightful position in 2nd.

We recently went to a competition where we should have placed first because the 1st place team was not deducted for 3 sb and 1 td. Even though the judges reviewed the video, and agreed with us (missed deductions for first place team along with too low scoring on our team), they said there was nothing they could do about it. They wouldn't change the scores. So, we got 2nd. Whatever.
Today the EP called our gym to tell us that the 1st place team was disqualified for having overage athletes and now we're listed as first on their website. They're mailing us our jackets, banners (both division winner and high point), and trophy. I was thinking how they should've just made it right when they could have because now it's costing them double jackets, trophies and banners...LOL.

We recently went to a competition where we should have placed first because the 1st place team was not deducted for 3 sb and 1 td. Even though the judges reviewed the video, and agreed with us (missed deductions for first place team along with too low scoring on our team), they said there was nothing they could do about it. They wouldn't change the scores. So, we got 2nd. Whatever.
Today the EP called our gym to tell us that the 1st place team was disqualified for having overage athletes and now we're listed as first on their website. They're mailing us our jackets, banners (both division winner and high point), and trophy. I was thinking how they should've just made it right when they could have because now it's costing them double jackets, trophies and banners...LOL.

yeah, we found out that the judge that judged our pyramid was a very new judge and we were scored lower on our pyramid than our jr team did... i love our jrs.. but there pyramid was a hot mess... and we were also scored lower to the team we lost to. and our difficulty was higher. our coach told us tht if any other judge had been judging that part we would have gotten first.....booo..

i will post a video of our routine here so you guys can see it :)
we a sr 2 and technically large but we only have 25.

our choreographer is actually did the choreography for all the stunts on hellcatz.. lol

I guess this is an opposite problem to yours. but at a rather large nationals when I was in high school, they just forgot about us. as the announcer called out each place we got more and more excited that we won. and then he called out the winners, which wasn't us. I'm pretty sure we placed somewhere in the middle, but it was pretty devastating and embarrassing when we were basically jumping out of our seats right before they announced the winner and then it wasn't us

I guess this is an opposite problem to yours. but at a rather large nationals when I was in high school, they just forgot about us. as the announcer called out each place we got more and more excited that we won. and then he called out the winners, which wasn't us. I'm pretty sure we placed somewhere in the middle, but it was pretty devastating and embarrassing when we were basically jumping out of our seats right before they announced the winner and then it wasn't us
Been there, in high school were performed one of our best routines ever nailed everything so we were on top of the world. Turns out we did an illegal stunt and got last place instead of top 3 like we had expected. We also celebrated like we got first only to be embarrassed when we figured out what happened.

our choreographer is actually did the choreography for all the stunts on hellcatz.. lol
yeah, we found out that the judge that judged our pyramid was a very new judge and we were scored lower on our pyramid than our jr team did... i love our jrs.. but there pyramid was a hot mess... and we were also scored lower to the team we lost to. and our difficulty was higher. our coach told us tht if any other judge had been judging that part we would have gotten first.....booo..

i will post a video of our routine here so you guys can see it :)
we a sr 2 and technically large but we only have 25.

Hey! I coach Xtreme's Senior 2 team (white/purple unis, only 9 girls) that competed right after you guys at Valley Stars Cheerfest! I have to say you guys look fabulous and much improved. You definitely put a lot of work into that routine in the past month and it shows. Congrats on a clean performance and sorry about the judging error! :(

Hey! I coach Xtreme's Senior 2 team (white/purple unis, only 9 girls) that competed right after you guys at Valley Stars Cheerfest! I have to say you guys look fabulous and much improved. You definitely put a lot of work into that routine in the past month and it shows. Congrats on a clean performance and sorry about the judging error! :(
thank you so much! we are a first year team so doing that well for us was amazing, even with the judges errors we went from 11/12 sr level 2s at cheerfest to 3/11 (should have been 2/11 lol) this weekend. we are hoping to dominate at sea to sky ;)

Back