All-Star Long Pants To Practice!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 20, 2012
Ok. So im a boy cheerleader, plain and simple. At practice, I typically wear shorts and a short sleeve tee. Im traditional, haha:) I was pondering last night, and I came to think, would if be beneficial to practice in long pants, considering that is what I compete in? What do you think?

Nick:)

I don't think wearing a pair of Jordan's makes people jump like MJ. I'm thinking in the grand scheme of things, there are far more important things to focus on during practice.

Ok. So im a boy cheerleader, plain and simple. At practice, I typically wear shorts and a short sleeve tee. Im traditional, haha:) I was pondering last night, and I came to think, would if be beneficial to practice in long pants, considering that is what I compete in? What do you think?

Nick:)
I get yeah, with the older uniforms from like before 2010 those polyester/thick materials sucked and it was really different for me difference wise, but with the newer uniforms being of an underarmour material its a lot better to adjust to. I over heat and sweat a lot so i dont think i would want to wear pants to practice, maybe a long sleeve under armour though, but i def understand where your coming from, practice what you compete in.

And the other comment about her cp, skirts and shorts are a lot different than pants and shorts. Pants suck.

I mean i can't stand it when girls wear leggings/yoga pants to practice... if you're cold, you're obviously not practicing hard enough.
i know that wasn't the point of the thread, but i just felt the need to throw that out there...
Well I used to cheer at a gym with no heat. So when it's 40 degrees, slim fitting pants are a MUST till your body warms. I practiced in a sweatshirt a lot unless we tumbled, then I took it all off.

i think the difference is a typical practice is between 2-4 hours of intense strenuous activity. at a comp, there is a 10-25 min warmup time, and then 2:30 performance time. while you may exert all of your energy in that 2:30, it's quick and the pants won't kill you.

but, if you've never performed your routine in pants before, and it would make you feel better i see no harm in wearing pants to practice if you want to.

Well I used to cheer at a gym with no heat. So when it's 40 degrees, slim fitting pants are a MUST till your body warms. I practiced in a sweatshirt a lot unless we tumbled, then I took it all off.
I see the point there... I meant the girls that tumble in it and everything... no bueno!

I wanted to go hide but no every had to ask me a billion times if I was okay! So I don't tumble in hoodies anymore. Ever.
it's even more embarassing when you're at a basketball game and they do that thing where all of the cheerleaders stand in 2 rows facing eachother and tumble/spirit when the boys come out and you just bust it... as in like landing on your face legs and arms spread out busting at the biggest game of the season... pretty sure the whole student body went ohhhhh.... i hate tumbling in my letterman jacket!

Back