All-Star Long Pants To Practice!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh gosh yes!!! I tried to do a tuck in a hoodie once at a football game and busted in front of the whole school. The hoodie flipped over on my head and I freaked out! So embarrasing.
Whenever I do tucks with sweatshirts on I just tuck the hood in because I'm afraid of that happening hahah :)

No, you'd get way too hot. You do WAAAAAY more in practice than you do on the floor for 2:30 and way more than you do in the Warm-Up area for that 30 minutes.

I would always wear my uniform pants and a tee shirt in the last run through before leaving for a comp. just so that it isnt going to throw me off, or make it seem uncomfortable the minute you put them on the morning of a comp. Familiar territory helps with nerves too! hahaha

You shouldn't necessarily have to , just like girls don't necessarily practice in skirts. Maybe just try it one time if it isn't too hot and see how you feel. Of course, remember that in sports you should only be deciding what feels best for you and helps you perform the best. Noone else's opinion is relevant.

I mean i can't stand it when girls wear leggings/yoga pants to practice... if you're cold, you're obviously not practicing hard enough.
i know that wasn't the point of the thread, but i just felt the need to throw that out there...

Unforunately, heating a huge warehouse in a cold New England winter is not easy. I'll keep wearing leggings to practice while it's <60 degrees in the gym. I always have spandex on underneath in case I get hot, but there are definitely lots of practices where you spend a lot of time standing around fixing parts of routines or formations and it's freaking freezing.

Plus it's really hard to pull body positions in a cold gym if your body hasn't warmed up yet :-\

Most teams do a dress rehersal before the first competition so I'd wait till right before. Then you can wear your uniform and go full out to get comfortable in it.

Our last 4 practices (2 weeks) before competition are all dress rehearsal.

I'm not really looking forward to that. I hope my daughters "bling" doesn't come off! Lol

Our last 4 practices (2 weeks) before competition are all dress rehearsal.

I'm not really looking forward to that. I hope my daughters "bling" doesn't come off! Lol
I hate the full dress rehearsal practice before the first comp but you have 4? Good lordy. At least your cp is young enough to hopefully not stink up that uniform at each practice.

I hate the full dress rehearsal practice before the first comp but you have 4? Good lordy. At least your cp is young enough to hopefully not stink up that uniform at each practice.
Omg! I know.. She kind of started sweating this year. So I'm afraid it will get funky. And I have not ever washed any of her uniforms. I'm a take it off and febreeze it out, spot clean type of person. I'm so scared bling will fall off (or maybe some fading). Ahh

So I'm worried about it getting stinky because her practices are pretty intense and
I'm not going to lie I'm also EXTREMELY worried about her bling coming off. It's all over the front and back of that uniform and since she is a flyer it will have a lot of contact and I'm paranoid.

Back