All-Star Longest You've Been On The Same Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 3, 2010
I was thinking the other day how this will be the last season for one of my favorite cheerleaders, Maddie from CEA, to cheer on Senior Elite and just how crazy that is considering I think she has been on the team since the 2006-2007 season. That, to me, is a long time to be, not only at the same gym, but also on the same team.

Even though six years seems like a long time to be on the same team, I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who have been on the same team for even longer or at least know someone who has! So, my question is: how long have you been the same team at your gym and do you know of anyone who has been on the same team for what seems like forever? :)

This is both Ambrel and Britt Mitchell' 17th consecutive season as athletes with Cheer Athletics. We have several other 12+ year veterans, but I think they would have to be the "most veteran" athletes at any program. I don't know what the longest they have been with the same team, though.

My 5th year on the same team, been with that team ever since the first try out they held. Love them to death!

But how do ya'll cope with the team around you changing? I find it hard to let go of "old times", even though I know a team has to change over the years. Sometimes I'm afraid, I might not be giving new people the chance they deserve. Sometimes I feel just so frustrated, when I see people joining the team that do not at all value all the hard work that went into it and that don't appreaciate what they have here.
Most teams/gyms I've been with befor (I used to move a lot) did not at all have the same level. People that start cheerleading at my current team have no idea that there are lots and lots of teams out there for which it's a miracle if a straight up lib or a prep full hits!
And it makes me mad if the start complaining and don't even realize on what a high level they are complaining!

Oops, sorry for rambling. :oops:

How long was Kimsley Crews on SSX?
I think she's been on it either 4 or 5 years. The team hasn't actually been around all that long. I believe the 2nd year they came to worlds was when they won their first silver. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong here though.

I think she's been on it either 4 or 5 years. The team hasn't actually been around all that long. I believe the 2nd year they came to worlds was when they won their first silver. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong here though.
I think 06-07 was the first year that team was around, because that was the year CEA Raleigh opened. Or at least that was the year that everyone left Impact All Stars for CEA.

But how do ya'll cope with the team around you changing? I find it hard to let go of "old times", even though I know a team has to change over the years. Sometimes I'm afraid, I might not be giving new people the chance they deserve. Sometimes I feel just so frustrated, when I see people joining the team that do not at all value all the hard work that went into it and that don't appreaciate what they have here.

I've only been on the same team for two years, tops. I agree, it does suck when teams move around A LOT. Like, this year my team has maybe 10 vets from last year? I wish it didn't change around quite so much, just because it means having to build new trust and relationships and skills, instead of being able to just further progress from the previous season. I thionk passion is somehting that can be easily spread though, and, although frustrating in the beginning of the season, you have to learn to push that aside and teach your new teammates how to care for the team as much as you do! Be a leader :)

i was at my previous team for 8 years but just moved team and hoping to be there for just as long!

My cp was on youth at our gym for 7 years, and been at the gym 10-11ish years/season with the same gym/coaches!! Also, took tumbling until she was old enough to be on teams before that.... She is 14 and will be 15 in August. She was on youth so long because the age was 12 then and cutoff was May 31st. The way they changed the ages and cutoffs my cp was eligible for jrs for 2 years....kinda crazy!!!!! ex...youth div. till twelve, then changed cutoff to Aug, so this year she will be to old for jrs and only can do seniors.

Latest posts

Back