All-Star Maddies New Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Werrrk! That looks amazing! And it's not just the ball up 360, it's all these stunts connected that make it so amazing! <3

OT: I always wonder how the bases hold that stunt in the air. The mainbase rarely is under the flyer. Instead it seems as if the second base starts taking over control and weight or they are holding her more or less between themselves and no one is really under the flyer. I mean, whatever works n all that, but I was just wondering, whether this is a technique or whether it just "happens"...

Listen, I appreciate everyone being so nice to the group in this thread. And yes, Haley, Riley and Savannah along with Maddie are a good group, but as the Majors shows, they need to hit what they are doing in the present routine for the team. I asked King to lock the threads on Maddie as to let all the chatter good and bad die down and let SE settle in to concentrating on hitting in competition. He left this open most likely because as the Fierce Board tends to do, there is rational and very appropriate diiscussion about a stunt, and it is a pretty neat all girl stunt. That said, this was fun time in practice between full outs. I don't think you will see the stunt in competition. I assume others on the team could do it but I think the stunt they have scores well enough for them to win if they will get into shape and become highly competent at the routine they have now. That is their goal. Thanks for the kind words.

Last night on Twitter I saw someone post "Maddie falls at every competiton and then is rewarded with a new stunt" and I found that completely disrepectful. First of all, Maddie has not fallen at every competiton, and the falls are not all her fault, there are three other people in that stunt group!! And secondly, I'm sure Maddie works her butt off and I think her getting her own cool stunt is a great thing, especially because its her senior year.
Okay, sorry just had to get that off my chest haha.
But anyways, love the new stunt, love Maddie, love CEA.

what do you think?

It's great and all that she is able to do that but they should try to be creative and figure out a new stunt thats never been done before, or give someone else a chance to shine because some flyers on that team never get anywhere NEAR the credit they deserve!
The constant repetition of maddie in centre stunt doing the ball up 360 is getting a little old and way to predictable.

i dont know what it is but to me im not wowed by this :/ i think it has something to do with the lib or something because in my brain a libs always been one of those lets see if you can do something on one leg pull a lib kinda thing you know? i am however in awe every time i watch that ball up 360 ticktock at worlds its simply incredible i would also like to say this group is incredible normally when i watch routines i focus on how hard the bases are trying to keep the flyer up there (sometimes just for giggles) but with this stunt i cannot help but watch the flyer (and yes i am saying flyer because i feel it pulls away from the stunt group as a whole) this whole group does everything with grace i love it

It's great and all that she is able to do that but they should try to be creative and figure out a new stunt thats never been done before, or give someone else a chance to shine because some flyers on that team never get anywhere NEAR the credit they deserve!
The constant repetition of maddie in centre stunt doing the ball up 360 is getting a little old and way to predictable.

I'm not sure if you took the time to read what StarshipTrooper wrote, but this was "fun time in practice between full outs". Just because it leeks out on YouTube does not mean its in the routine. And I am pretty sure that Courtney is very capable to decide who gets to be point flyer. Pretty sure Maddie did something right to deserve that.

So how about we all just take it for what it is, a fun stunt. Not a new featured stunt.
MmmKeey! :cool:

Last thing, before we make this something it is not. I counted the other day. Maddie has flown center point in 12 NCA prelims and finals and got 3 jackets out of 6, 6 Jamfest prelims and finals and won all 3, 22 CheerSport prelims and finals and won 9, and 10 Worlds prelims and finals winning once and medaling the other 4 along with one Major and has fallen 3 times total at these major events. Of those 3 falls one in my opinion was clearly mostly her fault while the rest were a combination and I have watched them alot more than anyone here will ever watch and evaluate. Now this stunt was thought up and attempted and hit in less than 1 minute in the middle of a practice. There is nothing more to it. Enjoy it or not for what it is, a interlude in a tough practice not an attempt to highlight her any more. They did it 5 times, it hit 4. The team and staff seem more than fine with her position and skills.

well.... I got shivers watching that. Effortless and graceful are the words that come to mind.

Last thing, before we make this something it is not. I counted the other day. Maddie has flown center point in 12 NCA prelims and finals and got 3 jackets out of 6, 6 Jamfest prelims and finals and won all 3, 22 CheerSport prelims and finals and won 9, and 10 Worlds prelims and finals winning once and medaling the other 4 along with one Major and has fallen 3 times total at these major events. Of those 3 falls one in my opinion was clearly mostly her fault while the rest were a combination and I have watched them alot more than anyone here will ever watch and evaluate. Now this stunt was thought up and attempted and hit in less than 1 minute in the middle of a practice. There is nothing more to it. Enjoy it or not for what it is, a interlude in a tough practice not an attempt to highlight her any more. They did it 5 times, it hit 4. The team and staff seem more than fine with her position and skills.

just purely out of curiosity, have her bases been pretty consistent during her years on SE? or do they change every year?

Back