All-Star Maddies New Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last thing, before we make this something it is not. I counted the other day. Maddie has flown center point in 12 NCA prelims and finals and got 3 jackets out of 6, 6 Jamfest prelims and finals and won all 3, 22 CheerSport prelims and finals and won 9, and 10 Worlds prelims and finals winning once and medaling the other 4 along with one Major and has fallen 3 times total at these major events. Of those 3 falls one in my opinion was clearly mostly her fault while the rest were a combination and I have watched them alot more than anyone here will ever watch and evaluate. Now this stunt was thought up and attempted and hit in less than 1 minute in the middle of a practice. There is nothing more to it. Enjoy it or not for what it is, a interlude in a tough practice not an attempt to highlight her any more. They did it 5 times, it hit 4. The team and staff seem more than fine with her position and skills.
Dad of the year or Dad of the century?

I'm not sure if you took the time to read what StarshipTrooper wrote, but this was "fun time in practice between full outs". Just because it leeks out on YouTube does not mean its in the routine. And I am pretty sure that Courtney is very capable to decide who gets to be point flyer. Pretty sure Maddie did something right to deserve that.

So how about we all just take it for what it is, a fun stunt. Not a new featured stunt.
MmmKeey! :cool:
woaaah there, wasn't trying to start anything! I have a right to my opinion, as you have yours. chill out <3

Listen, I appreciate everyone being so nice to the group in this thread. And yes, Haley, Riley and Savannah along with Maddie are a good group, but as the Majors shows, they need to hit what they are doing in the present routine for the team. I asked King to lock the threads on Maddie as to let all the chatter good and bad die down and let SE settle in to concentrating on hitting in competition. He left this open most likely because as the Fierce Board tends to do, there is rational and very appropriate diiscussion about a stunt, and it is a pretty neat all girl stunt. That said, this was fun time in practice between full outs. I don't think you will see the stunt in competition. I assume others on the team could do it but I think the stunt they have scores well enough for them to win if they will get into shape and become highly competent at the routine they have now. That is their goal. Thanks for the kind words.

why should King lock every thread that even hints any negativity towards Maddie Gardner? are you her publicist? that is just selfish. there is nothing in this thread that warrants it to be locked.

and besides people who are affiliated with Cheer Extreme All Stars I bet no one (maybe one or two out of hundreds on this board... and that's reaching) can tell me the names of Maddie's bases when her group first debuted the "ball-up 360" at Worlds. not what does that say?

anywho, kudos to her bases because they are beasts. cool stunt. nice pointed toes... i do have to admit that i am getting a little tired of the ball-up 360. at least let some other groups do it as well. i don't see the point of giving one flyer a specialty stunt. hardly any other teams do it. especially when this flyer's specialty stunt rarely hits at large competitions... add some variation. i think it's more impressive when more than one stunt group does stunts like that. i couldn't really see what was too new about this video. i thought it looked similar to everything else we've seen from them so far. sick, but basically the same. ::shrugs shoulders::

MY OPINION.

Maddie's fantastic and all... But I admire her bases :) Wish this weren't "Maddie's new stunt" but "Haley, Riley, Savannah, and Maddie's New Stunt" Just sayin'.. They're the one's throwing her. I know this is a repeat of what everyone is saying but come on guys... But amazing job and hope they'll be competing this and hitting it. It would be fun to watch.

I think this stunt is so amazing, and it would be freaking awesome if everybody of SE would hit it!

I enjoyed the stunt and took it for what it is. A stunt group hitting a cool stunt and making it look so effortless. I don't know about how everyone else's coaches run practices but i'm pretty sure Maddie doesn't "make up" her own stunts. I'm willing to bet Courtney Pope is the one making the calls on these things. People read way to far into these things. How bout we just enjoy the beauty of the stunt and not assume it's anything more :)

But as a fan, don't you want them to retain certain things too? The ball-up 360 is to CEA as the bob is to Orange and the 5 motion is to the end of F5's dance. We come to expect certain things, and we want to see those things- just with a twist and I think they've succeeded with that.
The bob and the 5 motions are way different then the ball up 360 and you are right as a fan I would like them to retain certain things but the ball up 360 is something I'm not feeling anymore. Im sorry that you and others may feel some type of way about it but I'm over it. IMO

i know i personally don't get tired of the 360, it's a signature just like their tick tocks, it makes them! anndddd i think this stunt is the deal! i'd love to see more groups doing it too!

I love maddie, but I'm sure there's tons of other flyers out there could do the stunt if they wanted, and probably have a double at the same time. As much as I love 2by2 videos, they only seem to promote good flyers. Which is another reason only Maddie gets recognised for this stunt. And I agree its a bit old, its an impressive stunt but there is no way the milkhouse would go as crazy as it did in 2010 if Maddie&her bases did it at worlds this year.

Back