All-Star Male Cheerleader Kicked Off Squad...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i hate it when people are punished for other people's ignorance and intolerance. it's sad.

wow, would love to hear the school's side on the issue, but I do think that kicking him off the cheerleading team is a little extreme

Essentially the male cheerleader got kicked off the team and suspended for kissing another male student on campus and getting caught on the school's video camera. A little extreme for some pda....

Are you kidding me? He better get put back on the team! Ugh :(
His parents said that if he wasn't put back on the team they were going to take legal action because its discriminating against his sexuality. They refered in the video to other heterosexual couples kissing all the time at school even though they aren't supposed to which surely gets picked up by the video cameras as well around school, but his kiss was the one they actually took action on. It sounded like it was the principle's decision, not the cheer coach.

Sounds like the administration was none to happy about having a gay male cheerleader representing their school. I am interested to hear if there was anything in the student handbook about punishment for PDA's being removal from a sports team, or if the athletes have to sign a contract- my guess is there isn't. I mean, there are waaaaay worse things people in my school got caught doing and none resulted in removal from an extracurricular. Poor guy. I hate hearing about stuff like this.

Back