All-Star Male Cheerleader Kicked Off Squad...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

He was clearly set up. And I think kicking him off the team was extreme...unless there is more to the story that we aren't being told.

However. No student, straight, gay or bi should be making out/kissing/whatever on campus. So I can't over look that fact...but if he is going to be punished for it, they need to be consistent with that type of behavior across the board

Sounds like the administration was none to happy about having a gay male cheerleader representing their school. I am interested to hear if there was anything in the student handbook about punishment for PDA's being removal from a sports team, or if the athletes have to sign a contract- my guess is there isn't. I mean, there are waaaaay worse things people in my school got caught doing and none resulted in removal from an extracurricular. Poor guy. I hate hearing about stuff like this.

I disagree on part of this. I'd be willing to bet they do have it in writing that PDAs aren't allowed, and I'd also be willing to bet that it states in the handbook that consequences of being caught "are X, but not limited to..." That's where authority gets the upper hand. They (sort of) state a consequence, but they also reserve the right to make the punishment MUCH worse, if they feel like it. I'm not saying they would win a court case regarding sexual orientation discrimination, but all they have to say is that they followed the guidelines stated in the handbook.

I disagree on part of this. I'd be willing to bet they do have it in writing that PDAs aren't allowed, and I'd also be willing to bet that it states in the handbook that consequences of being caught "are X, but not limited to..." That's where authority gets the upper hand. They (sort of) state a consequence, but they also reserve the right to make the punishment MUCH worse, if they feel like it. I'm not saying they would win a court case regarding sexual orientation discrimination, but all they have to say is that they followed the guidelines stated in the handbook.
Could the kid argue that there was sufficient reason for him to believe that, due to the inaction of the school regarding other kids kissing, such a rule was not in force or enforced? I mean, there seems to be enough precedence to back him up...

Could the kid argue that there was sufficient reason for him to believe that, due to the inaction of the school regarding other kids kissing, such a rule was not in force or enforced? I mean, there seems to be enough precedence to back him up...

Well, I suppose he could, but it would be hard to prove that the administration actually ever saw a straight couple displaying affection/kissing/whatever, and purposefully chose not to take action.

that is so terrible i cant believe that ppl r so ignorant :(

Mamarazzi said:
Well, I suppose he could, but it would be hard to prove that the administration actually ever saw a straight couple displaying affection/kissing/whatever, and purposefully chose not to take action.

You're right on the money tonight Mama. Most schools have these things sorted out beforehand.

You're right on the money tonight Mama. Most schools have these things sorted out beforehand.

CYA - nuff said.

And that's where my set-up theory comes in. You don't just happen to be watching a security tape, just because, and happen to see a student kissing another student. There was totally a tip-off. Or we're not getting the full story of the extent of the PDA.

Back