All-Star Mental Blocks Effecting Placement?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

At what point does a "mental block" become something more than a block? Have a 13 y.o. male who could throw up tumbling skills up to a layout and was working on his full. Now he can't do a BHS. This mental block has been ongoing for 2 seasons. Coaches try to work with him by letting him go at his own pace and not forcing him. Its been 2 years and I can see them placing him on J4/5 simply because they hope he gets his mojo back :/

go on www.nomorementalblocks.com

At what point does a "mental block" become something more than a block? Have a 13 y.o. male who could throw up tumbling skills up to a layout and was working on his full. Now he can't do a BHS. This mental block has been ongoing for 2 seasons. Coaches try to work with him by letting him go at his own pace and not forcing him. Its been 2 years and I can see them placing him on J4/5 simply because they hope he gets his mojo back :/

theres a difference between a fear and a mental block. If hes scared to tumble he ju

just needs confidence and keep working harder in building confidence. A mental block is when your mind completely forgets what to do. In that case he should start from the basics and work his way up

So if an athlete is put on a level 5 team for their tumbling or flying skills in July, but they can't perform at that level after August, they can just sit out till the mental block goes away, which according to some posts here, could be a very long time, possibly all season? I don't mean to sound so insensitive to these mental blocks, but to me that just doesn't seem fair to the team they are on, nor the others waiting in the wings in the organization, surpassing their level skills that could be moved up. I'm one to believe that cheerleading is a truly a sport, and should be handled accordingly. I understand feelings may be hurt, but I would think you'd want your team to perform at the best of their ability. If you have to bring another up who is exceeding and take that person out and put them down a level.......well....basically it sucks for the one with a mental block, but it is what it is.

I'm thinking you can bet your bottom dollar that none of these "big name" gyms would keep an athlete with a mental block on their premiere level 5 team for a New York minute should it happen. (unless they were put on without the skills to begin with....meaning the mental block was known and not needed in the routine).

I'm thinking you can bet your bottom dollar that none of these "big name" gyms would keep an athlete with a mental block on their premiere level 5 team for a New York minute should it happen. (unless they were put on without the skills to begin with....meaning the mental block was known and not needed in the routine).

didnt maddie gardner have a mental block for like a week?

Reactions: IMO
I know a lot of teams. don't kick them off. They just take them out of their tumbling spots, as they are still needed for stunting. No person not tumbling isn't gonna kill the team.

im pretty sure 2 years ago at cheersport? or before it? idr what i was told

Anythings possible, but I wouldn't know. But I was told by a reliable source she has been known to leave a trail of twinking pixie dust when walking by. True?

Not true. It happened this last season. She had the skill, blocked, kept her spot on the premier team and got the skill back by Worlds.

Back