All-Star My Boyfriend's Back And Youre Gonna Be In Trouble

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think most people saw the My Boyfriend's Back routine before the Single Ladies one. There was an entire thread dedicated to them in the random section at one time. There are actually more then you would think that do not like what these little girls are doing.

Oh . .sorry .. . my bad. . . i never check the Random Section . . . thnx for the Info. . . i just find them Super Fierce. . .

In all honesty, their technique is good, but their style is trashy. There is a way for little ones to be fierce with out looking like street walkers in training.

They can be as trashy as they want to be, they aren't our kids and they obviously have parents that take them to practices and watch exactly what their daughters are doing. They're kids having fun dancing and they're extremely talented, that's all I see. I don't think our sport has much room to talk considering some of the dances I've seen ...

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMuxQNSCkYc&sns=em
Personally I like this dance too, my point is shaking your butt and dropping it like its hot isn't directly related to sex in our day in age.

Those kids are maddd talented! i hate it when people get angry over the outfits and the dance moves, it's the world of dance and I think people should get their heads out of it if you're really not associated with it.

I just know this for sure. . .

They're fierce and they werk it! I dunno bout you guys . . . but even 14-16 . . . in the Allstar Cheer World. . with "Super Diva" theme in music. . . even have difficulty bringing it. . . i just enjoy these kids. . .coz they know how to rock that stage. . . with those facial expressions. Plus theyre girls. . . just trying to portray being a woman thru dance . . . I would be dissapointed if they choreograph Janet Jackson [So Excited, or any sexified JJ songs] to these kids. . . right now. . theyre just being ... girly and its fun to watch

Those kids are maddd talented! i hate it when people get angry over the outfits and the dance moves, it's the world of dance and I think people should get their heads out of it if you're really not associated with it.
I WAS associated with the 'world of dance' and TRUST me. There are plenty of awesome, talented little girls who DON'T bump and grind like they're at the club and do EXTREMELY well at competitions. I'm talking national champions. It's just not necessary..You don't have to be INVOLVED with something to think it's inappropriate. Isn't that the whole point of this Save Youth 5 debate? That people who AREN'T involved with it want to change it because they think it's for the 'good of the industry/safety of the kids?' How is this any different?

I have no problem with those girls, they are mad talented. I have a problem with the choreographers who made the routine and the parents who didn't step in and say 'Hey, maybe I don't want my daughter hip-thrusting at the age of 7?'. The girls are just happy to perform and are giving it their all like any true performer would. It's just sad that because of other people's decisions, these girls were being referred to in nasty terms and degraded for something they probably don't even understand..

ETA: Hip-pumping and grinding isn't 'being a woman.' I think you just killed six feminists with that statement lol

For heaven's sake, they were dancing...and imitating Beyonce's video. It's not as if they were grinding on a pole. Those girls have an incredible gift and can move with great precision, they can out-dance a ton of adults. It is quite apparent they put a LOT into their routines and love dancing. It is, in the end, the parents' decision what to allow their kids to do. Personally, I see this as no different than that baby in a diaper dancing on a table shaking his butt that went viral. These are innocent little girls showing off dancing skills. Geez, let's go back to the days of covering females ankles and arms. I think they are awesome.

For heaven's sake, they were dancing...and imitating Beyonce's video. It's not as if they were grinding on a pole. Those girls have an incredible gift and can move with great precision, they can out-dance a ton of adults. It is quite apparent they put a LOT into their routines and love dancing. It is, in the end, the parents' decision what to allow their kids to do. Personally, I see this as no different than that baby in a diaper dancing on a table shaking his butt that went viral. These are innocent little girls showing off dancing skills. Geez, let's go back to the days of covering females ankles and arms. I think they are awesome.

After I had quit dance, a group of the girls I danced with (keep in mind, they were in the 'seniors' age range, 16-18) all did a dance to 'Big Spender.' They had moderately revealing outfits, but they had dollar bills peeking out of their costumes. The moves weren't super-suggestive. In their first two competitions, they got deductions/judges comments about it being too raunchy because of the outfits alone. It's not a universally acceptable thing..

Back