All-Star My Boyfriend's Back And Youre Gonna Be In Trouble

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love this danceee!!! our youth 3 dances to this song and I wish they could be this fierce when they dance to it hahaha.

After I had quit dance, a group of the girls I danced with (keep in mind, they were in the 'seniors' age range, 16-18) all did a dance to 'Big Spender.' They had moderately revealing outfits, but they had dollar bills peeking out of their costumes. The moves weren't super-suggestive. In their first two competitions, they got deductions/judges comments about it being too raunchy because of the outfits alone. It's not a universally acceptable thing..
Let me just ask . . .now back to your post, Choreographers shud be blamed for this. Now, who's decision was it for the group to go Big Spender? and what did their parents say about it? Bottomline, they still performed it . . . .
Now the problem is, with your Big Spender case. . .dollar bills peeking out of their costumes would suggest that they came from a Strip Club dancing for bills and tips . . . that wasnt super-suggestive? What else can you think about that?

These girls [The "Single Ladies"] danced to imitate Beyonce and know how to work it. Now, since the HIP THRUSTING was the only thing that caught your attention, did you watch the whole routine? How amazing the control, flexibility and their technique were? Now i understand where you're coming from coz believe me, You are not the only one from the "World of Dance" in general. But these kids are clearly to trying to show off that they can do things like what they are doing and it's fun to watch. Because we got the "pop" songs playing with them trying to do what the original artist did but more directed to the dancing. They even included a lil tutu to convey cuteness. Now if you choreograph them with boys or with poles . . .then maybe . . . i would agree with you . . .
The body is capable of doing a move that can be described as "hip thrusting" . . . Dance was created for the body to move . . so why exclude that? If it suggests something, i dunno . . . then maybe it's the receiver's problem coz clearly . .. It's a move. if we analyze things like that, then maybe doing a Heel Stretch would suggest something as well . . since people can see everything under. Think about it . . .

Bottomline, to satisfy your point and since i alredi killed six feminists with my statement . . .then maybe let's blame the Choreographers. . . including the choreographer of the Big Spender. But clearly, the kids enjoy what they are doing since they rock it so let's just have some fun watching them.

Now with the words being referred to them. . .It's a matter of how the audience perceive it. . .and i think knew that already from the start. . . but hey . . . in everything we do [including cheerleaders], PEOPLE will always talk. How we deal with it is what matters.

Lastly, can we just have atleast one THREAD, where there is absence of DEBATE and ARGUMENT . . ?? Stating opinions without attacking anyone? I did post the videos for the people in Fierceboard to have something aside from the arguments and essay-length comments. . . .so let's just please. . . thank you

The dance technique is great I will give them that, but if I had a child I would never allowed a coach to give them a routine like "My Boyfriend's Back." I can handle the "single ladies" dance a bit more, but the other is just too mature in my opinion for someone that age. People comment about kids trying to grow up to fast, well what do you think those girls are doing dancing and dressing like that?I know adults that shouldn't even do those dance moves. I don't care if it is part of the dance world you cannot tell me that there are not men who get enjoyment out there from watching these littles girls dance on youtube. There are sick people out there with access to a computer and dance competitions. What makes it ok to dress like that for dance and not everyday attire?

I am glad to see that the new studio that they are at have them covered up instead of half naked.

The dance technique is great I will give them that, but if I had a child I would never allowed a coach to give them a routine like "My Boyfriend's Back." I can handle the "single ladies" dance a bit more, but the other is just too mature in my opinion for someone that age. People comment about kids trying to grow up to fast, well what do you think those girls are doing dancing and dressing like that?I know adults that shouldn't even do those dance moves. I don't care if it is part of the dance world you cannot tell me that there are not men who get enjoyment out there from watching these littles girls dance on youtube. There are sick people out there with access to a computer and dance competitions. What makes it ok to dress like that for dance and not everyday attire?

I am glad to see that the new studio that they are at have them covered up instead of half naked.
Thank you for that info and opinion . . .

How does one have a thread without debate or argument on a message board? Is everyone suppose to automatically agree on the same things? This is a place to state an opinion and if Kristen wants to state her opinion in a lengthy post I dont' see the reason to then post an even lengthier post stating that you do not want lengthy posted opinions that differ from others which may cause an argument and/or debate.

I do not want to seem like I am attack you in any way because I am not at all, but posting the videos of those girls again is once again opening a can of worms that is filled with opinions that do not favor said dance routines.

I do not disagree that these girls have boat loads of talent. That said, there are ways to display your talent in a tasteful and age appropriate way. These moves would even be considered "inappropriate" for a collegiate dance team. If a collegiate dance team performed one of those dances at a basketball time out, the AD would have a stroke and the coach's head would roll. It's not "cute" when little girls dance like that.

I will leave this thread for you all to enjoy [enjoy watching or enjoy debating] w.e.

Suit yourself guys.

"Be happy with what you do . . .not the result of what you did. . "

Bottomline: We all have different tastes . . .

Wow, not only do I feel like I've had a seizure from watching that poor quality video, but I also think I need to be tested for an STD from just watching that. disgusting.

1-The video had great quality! Worlds 08 videos had bad quality, you couldn't see the uniforms clearly! This video had great quality...

2-You're entitled to your own opinion, but that doesn't give you the right to insult them! They had an amazing routine. Implying that they have STD's is *not* ok with me. Be considerate.

1-The video had great quality! Worlds 08 videos had bad quality, you couldn't see the uniforms clearly! This video had great quality...
Great quality? It "vibrated" every time they moved.

2-You're entitled to your own opinion, but that doesn't give you the right to insult them! They had an amazing routine. Implying that they have STD's is *not* ok with me. Be considerate.
Obviously the girls don't, but that's how dirty I felt after watching it. I hope the judges commented on their dancing...usually it comes across as "would like to see more age appropriate material"......and people wonder why cheerleading isn't taken seriously!

Let me just say, that I love these videos!
However, referring to an STD from a video with young girls is more inappropriate and disgusting that the thing you're referring to itself.

Then my point was made. It's inappropriate for either thing....they are not mutually exclusive.

Great quality? It "vibrated" every time they moved.

Obviously the girls don't, but that's how dirty I felt after watching it. I hope the judges commented on their dancing...usually it comes across as "would like to see more age appropriate material"......and people wonder why cheerleading isn't taken seriously!

Must be your computer cause I didn't have that problem.

You felt dirty after watching it? Why? I work at a free clinic and I take offense to STD references, particularly with a *junior* team.
This dance was not that bad IMO
Obviously we have different opinions, and we're both entitled to them. But we should refrain from *insulting* these young girls. Whats done is done, but Id appreciate it if you be more considerate. Clearly they worked very hard for their routine, and they werked it outtt

they backed it up like strippers! I'm sorry, but that's exactly what they looked like. Call a spade a spade.

Back