All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean I'd probably do a quick social media check of any gyms/teams I was considering for future hypothetical child in any sport. stalking every athlete and coach I could find? no. definitely not.
Agreed. But that's still damaging to the *program* not the sport as a whole. I might search a program and see a coach post something rude and think twice about taking my child to that gym.
But someone who is already questioning the sport as legitimate is probably not gym shopping right now anyway. I think we're safe.

Plus - I definitely DO see it in other sports. Check social media the day after any major football game. You'll see a whole lot more than "losing faith in this industry"!

Did anyone else see csp's tweet saying

"It's been fun since 1998 but where I come from winners have to hit"

That sounds like she's thinking of not going back to nca...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not trying to start anything, but this isn't just NCA.. are we forgetting when SE dropped a stunt at worlds 2010 day 2 but still walked away with rings??

There's definitely been worse, but I'm tired of seeing coaches/gym owners with snarky posts. I just feel like there's certain things that are better kept to yourself/better way to say things.

Preparing for Teal Army attack in 3, 2, 1....

I don't follow any cheerleaders on social media except for my 2 CPs of course, so I can't comment on that type of behavior, but I will comment on an incident that I saw first hand. There was a non-worlds team from a well-known gym from the DFW area that hit a flawless routine until the pyramid, which completely fell apart. The team came off the mat, and immediately one of the coaches started screaming at the middle flyer, at the top of his lungs, how stupid she was and that she should be embarrassed that she took down the entire pyramid. I was totally shocked that this coach would behave like this in public, or for that matter, in private! There is no excuse for this type of behavior...none.

FYI - this was NOT Cheer Athletics!

Last edited:
I don't follow any cheerleaders on social media except for my 2 CPs of course, so I can't comment on that type of behavior, but I will comment on an incident that I saw first hand. There was a non-worlds team from a well-known gym from the DFW area that hit a flawless routine until the pyramid, which completely fell apart. The team came off the mat, and immediately one of the coaches started screaming at the middle flyer, at the top of his lungs, how stupid she was and that she should be embarrassed that she took down the entire pyramid. I was totally shocked that this coach would behave like this in public, or for that matter, in private! There is no excuse for this type of behavior...none.

I didn't know Abby Lee Miller started coaching cheerleading...................

I just watched smoed day 2. and I am surprised that no one commented about the struggle to keep that stunt up (which they did!). I wonder if that might have contributed to the tumbling issues later. The save looked exhausting.

@PeaceLoveCali - why would you rate this gossip? I commented on a great save and said that could have contributed to the touch down? People were commenting on how unusual it was for it to happen, and I gave a possible reason.

@PeaceLoveCali - why would you rate this gossip? I commented on a great save and said that could have contributed to the touch down? People were commenting on how unusual it was for it to happen, and I gave a possible reason.
Most of the time, it is a mistake. Those little icons are so close together. In fact, I just accidentally rated something as informative when I meant to rate it as funny. It happens.

But really... What person that has no affiliation to cheer is checking cheer twitters and instagrams to see if they should consider cheer a legitimate sport or not?

They've already made up their minds, and I doubt people who question cheer's legitimacy are seeing any of those posts.
Good point.

I can't help but roll my eyes when owners say things about "losing faith in this sport "

....are you losing faith in that check tho?

I can't think of a single owner that's raking in a decent to sizable....heck even just livable income that would "lose faith" and mean it and walk away from this industry.

Girl gone with these melodramatic tweets because the outcome didn't end up how you expected or wanted it to.

Attention seeking at its finest.

Most of the time, it is a mistake. Those little icons are so close together. In fact, I just accidentally rated something as informative when I meant to rate it as funny. It happens.

I hope that is it; but, the fact that it came from someone with the name Cali in it makes me question it.Hopefully she will do what is right.

Last edited:

What would be the benefit in going back to Dallas? Senior elite has hit four perfect routines in a row there and still lost to a team with mistakes 3 of their 4 routines. Why should they keep going back, the message from NCA is pretty clear.

Hitting your routine does not guarantee a win, why don't people understand this? Technique, execution, creativity, among other categories also play into score...using the fact that you hit your routine as the reason that you should have won a competition makes absolutely zero sense and makes it look like you know nothing about how scoring/judging/Allstar cheer in general work. Say the results are unfair all you want if you truly believe it, but please refrain from using this as your reason why.

Back