All-Star Nca Sunday Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My sisters and I got our names because my mom saw a subway/train ad about 3 sisters and the 3 sisters had their names in the ad. She loved the names and said she'd use them if she ever had 3 daughters. Decades later here we are.

I know so many lexi's! That and Alex's (Alexis/Alexandra but shortened to Alex rather than Lexi). And when I worked at camp invention I swear every other little girl was named Sophia (or Sofia). I do like that name though!

Two of my best friends are middle school small group leaders at my church and there are three Isabelles in their small group. Of about 13 total.

The popular name in cheer for me was always Kayla. I don't think I even know a Kayla that I didn't meet through cheer!

I do too! But only specific ones. And Bailey is NOT a boy name (I may be a lil biased there). Im a big fan of Charlotte going by Charlie. I think it's so cute but considering the new princess Charlotte, it'll probs be overused and I'll be over it by the time I'm having kids. Also a big fan of Drew for a girl and Alexandra --> Alex.
I better have girl children because there are really no boy names I love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhhhhh we have a lot of Kayla's too! I have a Kayla, Kayla (she goes by KK), Kaylin, Kaitlyn, and Kendra all on the same team [emoji854] it's insane.

I grew up constantly surrounded by other Emilys (I'm a mid 90's baby). For most of my cheering career there was this one Emily that was always on my team. I believe 4 Emilys was the most though. I've also had other Emilys in my classes fairly frequently. It was tough to know who exactly a coach or teacher was referring to when "Emily" was said.

A few years ago I had three girls on the team I was coaching whose middle name was Sky. Seems to be a very popular middle name down here in the south.

And I really liked that as a middle name until I started dating my boyfriend, whose last name is Walker.

Ain't no way I'm naming my future CP "Sky Walker."

I went to a high school with a Pete Moss. My principle's name was James Bond and my guidance councillor was Grace Kelly.

I have four kids...three have fairly traditional names. Then we have Austin. I don't know how in the world he ended up being named Austin, but it was one of the most popular names in 1996 (and only then). His 7th grade football team had six or seven Austins. He went all through school with a kid named Austin who has a last name that is VERY close to ours...so close that a coach once announced the wrong Austin for an award. We'll never know who it was meant for, but it had my Austin's name on it. [emoji23] He called the other Austin's name.

We have an overload of Madi/Maddie/Maddys at my gym. We have 5 on one small team... And 3 of them have the same last initial.

I have an Aubrie on one team and an Audrey on the other. I struggle so hard with calling them each the wrong name. They both just respond to either name now.

Same for me with Addie and Abbie. Those poor girls never get called the right name!

@ErinS I never played that as a child, so I didn't actually know that was a thing... I guess I was deprived ;)
While we're talking about names though, no lie, a girl I went to high school with's sister just had a boy and named it Tatum...
Tatum was a popular name for girl babies around here in the early 2000's. I have a friend with a girl Tatum, she's 4 so I guess the name is still going strong.

Back