All-Star Need Info For Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheermom89

Cheer Parent
Dec 15, 2009
My daughters stunt group has a 1.5 up mastered and is looking to do a double up. Is there such a thing and if so where can we find it to see how to dissect it? Also, what is the technical name lol.

Thanks.

at the 1:00 minute mark, this team is doing double ups. It's a little iffy since not all of them fullly hit the front/the bases are turning, but I'm sure they're still considered double ups.

at the 1:00 minute mark, this team is doing double ups. It's a little iffy since not all of them fullly hit the front/the bases are turning, but I'm sure they're still considered double ups.

Thanks so much. So it looks like the backspot moves 3/4 around and ends up as a main base right? We will try it tomorrow. Thanks again.

I would say one way to attempt it is have the group start in their normal 1.5 up grips and positions, then have the flyer half turn to the front (the opposite way that she twists) and that would be the starting position for the double up. A little easier to show in person.

I would say one way to attempt it is have the group start in their normal 1.5 up grips and positions, then have the flyer half turn to the front (the opposite way that she twists) and that would be the starting position for the double up. A little easier to show in person.

So when if I understand correctly, have the flyer in smoosh facing the backspot?

Well, when I do a 1.5 up, people are in different spots for the start of it. This allows the back spot and side base to only rotate 1/4 instead of 1/2
1 - Main base
2 - side base (throws shins, catches foot)
3 - back spot (throws foot, catches ankles)
4- flyer (facing back of mat)

Back
3 4 1
Front

For a double up, I would do the following setup

Back
2 4 3
Front
1 - Main base (has right foot, stands in back)
2 - side base
3 - back spot
4- flyer (facing front of mat with ankles crossed)

Well, when I do a 1.5 up, people are in different spots for the start of it. This allows the back spot and side base to only rotate 1/4 instead of 1/2
1 - Main base
2 - side base (throws shins, catches foot)
3 - back spot (throws foot, catches ankles)
4- flyer (facing back of mat)

Back
3 4 1
Front

For a double up, I would do the following setup

Back
2 4 3
Front
1 - Main base (has right foot, stands in back)
2 - side base
3 - back spot
4- flyer (facing front of mat with ankles crossed)

ok I got it now. I just noticed the ankles crossed right before you posted. Going to try it tonight. Thanks so much.

Back