All-Star New Gym Acquisitions 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With all due respect, I have a gymnastics background and you don't just decide to 'go for 2016' the year before.
Agreed. Especially with the talent pool the US currently has. I've never done either, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say a competitive, elite-level bar routine is exponentially more difficult than a competitive L5 Worlds routine and it would be incredibly difficult to pull together that, and three other routines, within a year.

Now if she's talking about T&T, I have no DOUBT she will be successful. I'm a little skeptical about artistic, but either way I hope she achieves her dreams and she seems like the kind of athlete that will.

Just F.Y.I. to all who think she meant making the power tumbling team for team U.S.A., there is no power tumbling in the Olympics. The gymnastics programme at the Olympics only consists of artistic (which was what was implied by the host when he said "apparatus", "beam" etc.), rhythmic and trampoline events.

I'm sorry to play the devil's advocate here, but even if she was targeting the 2020 Olympics, there is no way you can just hop onto an apparatus like a 10cm-wide balance beam and expect to pull off a standing arabian, front aerial or layout stepout (which are elements of what the top 4 U.S.A. gymnasts are pretty much expected to be able to perform) within the next 4 years, even with all the training in the world. There's still the requirement of performing on 3 other apparatus, bars would especially be difficult. Even with floor, it's not all tumbling, you need to be able to perform leaps and turns......

I could be very wrong in saying this, but I feel like someone is putting her up for everything she's been involved with recently. I can't imagine a 16-year old wanting so much change in her life (changes that weigh so heavily on responsibility) especially after such an intense season of cheerleading away from home. You'd think that returning home would mean she gets to be a teenager doing regular teenager things again and spending time with family...... but it's clearly not that way. I don't know, something feels very forced about all of this.

Having said that, I do wish her the best on whatever she decided to pursue..... I just don't want to see her burn out at such a young age.

So back to the Cheer Extreme MD location. I just saw that the name of the gym is now Champion Athletics Cheer and is an affiliate of CEA and wearing their colors. What exactly does it mean to be an affiliate? They don't seem to be calling themselves CEA. Is it a CEA location or no?? I have no idea what it all means and am just confused so I am just gonna move on with my life, lol!

The all the apparatuses comment sounded like the "regular" team gymnastics to me. Could that even be possible?

I don't think so. Girls who are eyeing Rio are already competing Nationally and she's not, not to mention I've never seen her in a picture at the Ranch nor really affiliated with any of the girls we can expect to see in Rio. My guess is it's for Trampoline or Power tumbling. I could see her doing amazing things on floor and vault, either really good or meh on beam, and blah on bars.

@Cody Z. how is this gossip, when on the website, almost every coach mentions they are a former JCAS coach?

tumblr_nkms28e3Aa1qal6seo1_250.gif

I see.

Does anyone know what is going on with Pro Athletics? A few years back they joined up with Premier Spirit Athletics, and now from the facebook page of one of the PSA owners, it looks like they split they're own ways again? I haven't found any kind of announcement though. Just that PSA has a recently launched new facebook page and the owner is talking about everyone in blue silver and white, instead of red and black which they were for the past few years with PRO

Does anyone know what is going on with Pro Athletics? A few years back they joined up with Premier Spirit Athletics, and now from the facebook page of one of the PSA owners, it looks like they split they're own ways again? I haven't found any kind of announcement though. Just that PSA has a recently launched new facebook page and the owner is talking about everyone in blue silver and white, instead of red and black which they were for the past few years with PRO
PRO Athletics Weymouth is going back to Premier Spirit Athletics. The facility was always operating as PSA, with PRO Athletics teams. Now the teams are just making the switch back to PSA.
(NO idea how or why or when or anything like that.. lil' sister was only on a half-year team this past season)

WHY IS SHE TRYING TO DO SO MANY THINGS AT ONCE
especially at 16! I totally appreciate ambition but all 3 of these things are big and very time consuming. if she's not ready to stop competing in allstar, finish your career on orange. a worlds team (especially an 8 time world champion team) is a huge commitment. If she wants to go for the Olympics in 2016, she should be training 24/7 (again, HUGE time commitment). and on top of that to own a gym? how in the world is she gonna manage all this? she's gonna get burnt out

WHY IS SHE TRYING TO DO SO MANY THINGS AT ONCE
especially at 16! I totally appreciate ambition but all 3 of these things are big and very time consuming. if she's not ready to stop competing in allstar, finish your career on orange. a worlds team (especially an 8 time world champion team) is a huge commitment. If she wants to go for the Olympics in 2016, she should be training 24/7 (again, HUGE time commitment). and on top of that to own a gym? how in the world is she gonna manage all this? she's gonna get burnt out
And don't forget school...my junior year of HS was hands down my hardest and most time consuming. I love AR but I personally think she needs to pick one of the three athletic pursuits or else something critical is going to be heavily neglected and fail. Loss of time and money, and especially a social life. Best of luck to her, though. Lots of applause and respect to her if she can pull it off!

And don't forget school...my junior year of HS was hands down my hardest and most time consuming. I love AR but I personally think she needs to pick one of the three athletic pursuits or else something critical is going to be heavily neglected and fail. Loss of time and money, and especially a social life. Best of luck to her, though. Lots of applause and respect to her if she can pull it off!

Aren't most kids like her homeschooled online?

Back