OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Usually the cheer website will tell the tryout info and will say something about submitting a video tryout if you cannot make it and it will give a deadline. If there is no information about it online then I would suggest sending an email to the coach saying you can't make a tryout and ask if they will allow a video tryout to be submitted. Then I would assume that if they allow it they will give you more detailed information like what to include and deadlines.

Hope that helps!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Thank you so much!

Just watched this weeks Nashville and I feel so bad for Scarlett. Can't any of these characters catch a break ever?

So I decided I'm going to try out for college cheer this season, after I didn't make the team last year. I'm so nervous! It would killll me to get cut again but I just NEED to cheer. I'm stressing out already lol

So I decided I'm going to try out for college cheer this season, after I didn't make the team last year. I'm so nervous! It would killll me to get cut again but I just NEED to cheer. I'm stressing out already lol

There are always ways to keep cheer in your life if you don't make the team... I coached Pop Warner for years and it was so rewarding :) It's a great way to still have cheerleading but not be on a team and experience it in a new way. But more power to ya if you want to try out again :) I just like to share my good coaching experience with people so they know that's an option as well!

There are always ways to keep cheer in your life if you don't make the team... I coached Pop Warner for years and it was so rewarding :) It's a great way to still have cheerleading but not be on a team and experience it in a new way. But more power to ya if you want to try out again :) I just like to share my good coaching experience with people so they know that's an option as well!

I want to coach so bad! I would love to coach a high school team but I just can't find any openings in my area :( Hopefully one day though! Definitely something I want to do in the future.

I want to coach so bad! I would love to coach a high school team but I just can't find any openings in my area :( Hopefully one day though! Definitely something I want to do in the future.
Honestly I would just email the athletic directors at the local schools and say that you'd be interested in helping out with the cheer team. You may not get paid but if you can volunteer for this year and prove you're an asset, you may get to be the coach in the near future. I did that for my old middle school, unfortunately the coach thought she knew everything and I went to one practice and she wouldn't let me do anything and they were a complete joke... I'm talking they sat on the floor of the cafeteria for the entire time talking about everything but cheer.... But anyway it's worth a shot!

Honestly I would just email the athletic directors at the local schools and say that you'd be interested in helping out with the cheer team. You may not get paid but if you can volunteer for this year and prove you're an asset, you may get to be the coach in the near future. I did that for my old middle school, unfortunately the coach thought she knew everything and I went to one practice and she wouldn't let me do anything and they were a complete joke... I'm talking they sat on the floor of the cafeteria for the entire time talking about everything but cheer.... But anyway it's worth a shot!

That's definitely something to think about! The school I graduated from miiiight have an opening and if they do, I will be all over it, for football season at least. Kinda makes me sad that since I'm in school I wouldn't be able to fully commit to coaching a team 45mins away for 5/6 days a week.

Lol I was listening to it last night while studying.

It quite funny when I listen to it at work, I am a clinical supervisor so I have counselors who will come into my office without notice and the such, and its such a crap shoot what you will get music wise. One minute it will be Nashville cast, or it may be one of the songs from Pitch Perfect, or it could be Dubstep. I had my intern come in one day when a dubstep song was playing, and she just looked at me like I was crazy. You need a little variety! My fiance will not watch the show, even though he is in love with Hayden Panettiere. So its like my guilty pleasure, I watch it when he's not home! lol

Back