OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Seriously. Interns are more work than just doing the job myself. A LOT more work.

Just. Shut. Up. And. Do. Your. Job. And then when it's time to go you can just go instead of telling me all the stuff you didn't get done because you didn't have time.

Things you did have time to do: go to Subway, eat your sub, send 533664326799 texts, talk to each other about all the work, tell me what time you're going to start the work, tell me how long until your shift ends and exactly how long your work will take you - so you "totally have time to check your email", take pictures, change into your "going out" clothes.
Why am I still here, cleaning up, an hour after you're gone?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

UGH SHIMMY xINFINITY! obvs i'm back in school.. but the place i used to work i started as an unpaid intern for school. when i graduated i was "promoted" to paid intern and then the new unpaid interns would report to me to help on the projects i was given. eventually i was hired for a real full time job there and somehow the interns came with me and it stuck as part of my job description. i swear it was more work finding work to keep them busy all day than it was to do what i was hired to do. and they were always complaining either they were bored or overwhelmed and i, never being one for group projects, would prefer to do the work myself half the time because if my name is going on it than it better be to my standards.

sorry, mini rant. you just reminded me of how much i hated that. i feel for you girl.

My school was so tiny that Juniors & Seniors had prom together, and even then we were encouraged to take sophomores (freshmen weren't allowed) to increase the amount of people going. I believe we had 80 people total at the last one I went to. And that included chaperones.

My senior prom group had 50 people in it...

Our prom tickets were $25 a person or $50 a couple and we got a "free" tshirt......but I'm assuming a decent amount of money that was used for prom came from our "senior dues" at the beginning of the school year.

Our prom tickets were $50 each & prom rendezvous tickets were $25. Those were optional but basically it was a fun thing where you sleep after prom in the school and then we got on a bus together to go to cedar point in the morning! It was fun the first time but you get so tired and uncomfortable on the trip it's almost not worth it.

It did help eliminate partying and stuff after prom though- which was the main goal of it

Our prom tickets were $25 a person or $50 a couple and we got a "free" tshirt......but I'm assuming a decent amount of money that was used for prom came from our "senior dues" at the beginning of the school year.

Yeah we had a senior contract that covered the senior brunch, prom, homecoming, graduation, all that good stuff and you could either pay it all at once (which I think was about $500) or break it up by pieces....senior year was expensive, along with cheering that year!

Curious: has anybody else on here taken methotrexate? I've been on it for 4-5 years for my autoimmune disease, and while I know I can't stop taking it probably for a very long time, I'm still having a lot of trouble with the side effects, mainly nausea, headaches and fatigue. If anybody else on here has any experience with this yucky medicine, or better yet, any tips on how to not feel so crappy after I take it, I'd love to hear about it. It's the one thing I dread the most each week and just thinking about it while typing this is making my stomach roll.

You guys have such expensive proms!

Our tickets (junior and senior year) were $125 each. And they didn't offer a "couple" discount so we literally paid $250 just to go to prom. The venue explains why it was so expensive but it was so unnecessary. Both years prom was at the Cleveland Browns stadium and after-prom my junior year was at the Q (where the Cavs play) and senior year it was at the House of Blues. They were really fun but soooo expensive. The same stuff could have been done somewhere way cheaper. After-prom was always kind of a bust anyway. While it did eliminate partying, we were required to attend and had to stay there until 3 am. And then we got on charter busses (another extra, required cost) to go back to my school which was an hour away. And then a half hour drive home. I am not a night person at all so I slept through most of it haha

I'm bad at math....but that seems like quite the rip off...

Anyway. My prom tickets were $50 a person..I only know this because when our class reunion rolled around it was $50 a person and they said something like "its what we paid for prom!"

Except now we all knew the value of money.....
Proms are really getting way too expensive. I read a story online of a girl whose high school was charging so much for prom that she and some other kids couldn't even afford to go. All of their parents teamed up and planned a huge party instead. Turns out that the party had WAY more attendees than prom, and it was a huge hit.

Our prom was juniors and seniors, but anyone else could go if they were invited. My senior prom was at the zoo. Sounds weird, but it was in the jaguar area and they kept the jaguars and leopards on exhibit for us and they had these little lights strung all over. It was actually really pretty. Does any other school charge for prom tickets? Ours were $60 each!

Ours were $100.00 each. Quite a few students missed it, just because they couldn't afford it. The people in charge of the prom are upperclass, and are generally very wealthy, so I'm sure pricing wasnt/isn't on their radar. It's a shame that it's so inaccessible to everyone.

Seriously. Interns are more work than just doing the job myself. A LOT more work.

Just. Shut. Up. And. Do. Your. Job. And then when it's time to go you can just go instead of telling me all the stuff you didn't get done because you didn't have time.

Things you did have time to do: go to Subway, eat your sub, send 533664326799 texts, talk to each other about all the work, tell me what time you're going to start the work, tell me how long until your shift ends and exactly how long your work will take you - so you "totally have time to check your email", take pictures, change into your "going out" clothes.
Why am I still here, cleaning up, an hour after you're gone?

Can I come be your intern???? I am a hard worker, I promise :)

But I know your pain. I am in charge of out interns for the Hockey Program and the worst part about them is they're flakey. I get you're in college and trying to have a good time but you signed on knowing we have night games, so sometimes you have to miss that one awesome party.

So this video is from like 2012, the last time I seriously worked tucks but I think I'm gonna try getting back into them and I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips!!
I didn't want to start a whole new thread because there are tons like this.

But anything helps! Thanks in advance :D

The ONE night this semester that I go to a bar to celebrate being done with finals and I get bit by a spider. My life is like a giant Bad Luck Brian meme.

Blah. So for my accounting class we have these "student selected company worksheets" that aren't required but in order to get a B or higher in the class you have to do them. If you do them but have a BC (aka B-) then all the work you did on them doesn't count. I'm pretty sure I'm on the border of a B and BC so idk if I should even bother doing the last one because it's so long. I think I'll need to get a 92.5% on the final to get a B and I highly doubt that will happen. I don't want to waste my time but I don't also want to settle for a BC...the struggle.

ETA: I sucked it up and just did it. Here's hope that I get that 92.5 on the final so it counts...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back