OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We saw her in concert years ago. Twice actually. Once as Hannah Montana and then the following tour where it was billed as half Hannah/half Miley. The things we do for our kids, smh. Cp and her friend looked at me and the other mom during the Miley set and actually asked where her pants where and why she looked like she wasn't wearing any. I also seem to remember a pole on stage that was well used.:confused:

Tickets for her concert start at $19....and are plentiful for the Charlotte concert. Ole Miley isn't selling that well it seems.

I already know I'll be horribly disgusted throughout the show....because she's like a child to me (Bangerz is such a good CD tho so she gets respect from me for that). Anyway I'll be going with fun people....I don't have to worry about buying a nice outfit since.......eh yeah and I'm well over drinking age so turn up. I'll find a way to survive lol.

Blind folds and earmuffs?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Same tour. Different shows. .....acoustics in Miami were perfection.

My perspective would obviously be different being that I went to the very first show....opposed to someone going to a later show after numerous reports have been issued to media. Whether you deliberately watched them or not, your opinion will be swayed....influenced.

I'm sure if I packed up and went to Atlanta next week I'd see and feel something different.

Opening night told it all tho.

The way I kinda looked at it was almost like this is their therapy. Like nothing seemed forced last night. You could feel it being genuine, but when Jay did Song Cry and Bey did Ex Factor and Resentment you could feel that they were hurt, but that they were moving past it. I was a bit disappointed with Bey though, mostly because Jay had a LOT more crowd energy to feed off of than she did. I swear it was SILENT when she sang anything other than Drunk In Love.

The way I kinda looked at it was almost like this is their therapy. Like nothing seemed forced last night. You could feel it being genuine, but when Jay did Song Cry and Bey did Ex Factor and Resentment you could feel that they were hurt, but that they were moving past it. I was a bit disappointed with Bey though, mostly because Jay had a LOT more crowd energy to feed off of than she did. I swear it was SILENT when she sang anything other than Drunk In Love.

I'm telling you. Jay killed that whole concert. For me personally it was because (like I've said before). Hard Knock Life takes me back to 7th or 8th grade.

Nothing like that middle school nostalgia.

It was funny because Jay was like "raise your hand if you had a hard knock life " and EVERYONE raised their hands and me and my friend looked at each other and were like "naw....we were children of privilege"

Anyway. I say that to say I feel like Jay was also more enjoyable because he's more relatable (not saying everyone there sold crack in the Marcey Projects)....but he's genuinely more relatable than Beyoncé's music.

And the fact that Bey was able to sing Ex-Factor and not anger me....Because the Mis-Education of Lauryn Hill was EVERYTHING to me as a middle schooler (not that I knew what she was singing about at that time) but yeah thumbs up to her on that accord

I'm telling you. Jay killed that whole concert. For me personally it was because (like I've said before). Hard Knock Life takes me back to 7th or 8th grade.

Nothing like that middle school nostalgia.

It was funny because Jay was like "raise your hand if you had a hard knock life " and EVERYONE raised their hands and me and my friend looked at each other and were like "naw....we were children of privilege"

Anyway. I say that to say I feel like Jay was also more enjoyable because he's more relatable (not saying everyone there sold crack in the Marcey Projects)....but he's genuinely more relatable than Beyoncé's music.

And the fact that Bey was able to sing Ex-Factor and not anger me....Because the Mis-Education of Lauryn Hill was EVERYTHING to me as a middle schooler (not that I knew what she was singing about at that time) but yeah thumbs up to her on that accord

I mean I don't think I relate more to one more than the other, I just found Jay had a lot more energy last night than Bey did. At the MCSWT you could feel Bey feeding off of the crowd and giving it back. Last night other than 2 or 3 songs it was like she was just entertainment while Jay was backstage.
I had never heard Ex-Factor before I heard Bey's version from Revel a while back. She definitely does it well. Even Lauryn Hill thinks so according to her Twitter!

Tickets for her concert start at $19....and are plentiful for the Charlotte concert. Ole Miley isn't selling that well it seems.

I already know I'll be horribly disgusted throughout the show....because she's like a child to me (Bangerz is such a good CD tho so she gets respect from me for that). Anyway I'll be going with fun people....I don't have to worry about buying a nice outfit since.......eh yeah and I'm well over drinking age so turn up. I'll find a way to survive lol.

Blind folds and earmuffs?

Just checked out stubhub, I didn't realize they were so cheap. I guess because it's a rescheduled show. I paid like six times that for my JT tickets. I might wait it out a week and if they drop lower than $30 I'll go, since I'm in town anyway.

I mean I don't think I relate more to one more than the other, I just found Jay had a lot more energy last night than Bey did. At the MCSWT you could feel Bey feeding off of the crowd and giving it back. Last night other than 2 or 3 songs it was like she was just entertainment while Jay was backstage.
I had never heard Ex-Factor before I heard Bey's version from Revel a while back. She definitely does it well. Even Lauryn Hill thinks so according to her Twitter!

Between that statement and home girl not remembering Christina's Dirrty phase.... I feel so old today.

Just checked out stubhub, I didn't realize they were so cheap. I guess because it's a rescheduled show. I paid like six times that for my JT tickets. I might wait it out a week and if they drop lower than $30 I'll go, since I'm in town anyway.

$19 plus fees on ticketmaster....so it was like $27 a ticket. Me and 3 of my friends are in section 227 or something. Come LOL with us

Between that statement and home girl not remembering Christina's Dirrty phase.... I feel so old today.

I would say "Ex-Factor came out in 1998 I wouldn't remember that young" but I firmly remember jamming to P!nk's R&B days around that time, so I have no excuse. I actually didn't know Lauryn Hill had any really successful songs other than That Thing (which is my jam btw) until I've been listening to her this morning

$19 plus fees on ticketmaster....so it was like $27 a ticket. Me and 3 of my friends are in section 227 or something. Come LOL with us
I'm down for the nosebleeds. In fact I think I might like the show better if I could just hear and not see. Do they sell blindfolds at the TWC Arena?

I'm down for the nosebleeds. In fact I think I might like the show better if I could just hear and not see. Do they sell blindfolds at the TWC Arena?

Nosebleeds were the only way I was going.. Being close to Miley.....naw... Home girl spits water. I'd hate to have to run on stage and fight her

I would say "Ex-Factor came out in 1998 I wouldn't remember that young" but I firmly remember jamming to P!nk's R&B days around that time, so I have no excuse. I actually didn't know Lauryn Hill had any really successful songs other than That Thing (which is my jam btw) until I've been listening to her this morning

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM SO OLD.

Lauryn Hill... come back... the game needs you!

I listened to the Mis Education and LH in the airport after the concert....and I literally can still sing every song, word for word.

That CD is everything. I still remember my mom buying it and how my little sister...who was 2 or 3... would run around SCREAMING "I Need you baby! and if its quite alright I need you BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBEEEE to warm the lonely nights"...

Which is inappropriate to read now... I guess... but I'm the kid that used to sing "If I was your girl, all the things I'd do to you.... I'd make you call out my name and ask who it belongs to".... so.

That CD slayed.

Please tell me you've seen Sister Act II

And the Fuggees? Ready or Not? Killing me Softly?

My brothers make me laugh. They're identical twins (13) and they're at a basketball camp where they get coached by Rondo. Well they got to take a picture with him tonight and literally posted it immediately and made it their Instagram profile pic immediately. They couldn't be more synchronized if they tried :D They were right in a row on my news feed and I thought one of them posted the same picture twice for a second :oops:

Lol story of my life.
"Seriously, did you post that pic? I said I was gonna post it"
"Oops haha sorry"
"Ugh whatever, I'm gonna do it anyway"

Latest posts

Back