OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ugh. I don't know what to do about my ankle. I sprained it over a year ago (march or april 2012) doing a standing tuck on a wedge, I landed with one foot on the mat one foot off. I went to urgent care and they x rayed it, said nothing was wrong, just a sprain. I took some time off and then got back into cheer... but it still hurts. I can walk on it and everything. But when I tumble/jump the landing HURTS like if I do more than a round off backhandspring I get this terrible pain and limp my way off the mat. So I've taken multiple breaks but nothing helps! And if I tumble, say yesterday, then all day today my ankle would hurt. Even if I'm sitting around all day. I've got a super brace on it (lace up plus velcro around) but it doesn't help much, and I've gotten really fed up with my ankle hurting ALL. THE. TIME. This time last year I had a layout, working fulls. Now I struggle with bhs-tucks, partially because I know it'll hurt when I land, and partially because I just can't work them 90% of the time.
I'm not sure what I should do - resting it hasn't helped, braces haven't helped, ibuprofen/tylenol hasn't helped... IDK If I should get it checked out again? I mean they said nothing was wrong last time and I can walk on it and kind of tumble (painfully) on it but I feel like it shouldn't still hurt 14 months later?
A friend of mine did something to her foot once and they told her it was a sprain, they didn't do x-rays cuz the doctor was sure it was a sprain but she kept having problems with it. So five years later she goes back (she had been going back but not success) and they FINALLY giver her a MRI (or maybe it was x-ray?) and it turns out the whole time she had an extra bone in her foot! I'd definitely get an MRI done if I was you, or maybe try to have a different doctor look at it if you can.

The concert is AMAZING!! I missed the beginning though but the rest was like incredible! Get tickets if you can :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I have tickets for her show on July 21st here, but I'd love to see her more than once (I'm probably the biggest fan of her you'll ever know). I'm deciding between visiting my boyfriend in Ireland or seeing Beyonce.... :p

So I'm going to Florida tomorrow and I am realllly contemplating going to an open gym at Brandon some time......the thing is I'll be all alone and I won't know anybody there!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Well I'm back from Boston! I had so much fun :) My very first Red Sox game and my boyfriend and I went down in the seats next to the field and had conversations with Rockies players and they gave my boyfriend a ball (which he gave to me, he's such a sweet heart!) Then I got to stand about 5 feet away from Jarrod Salty. (he is so fine) Boston is so pretty I love all the old looking buildings and the clothes that everyone wears. Where I'm from if you wear a t-shirt and jean shorts you're dressed up so it was pretty cool to see haha. We also went on the subway T thingy and got lost that was funny and quite the experience. Went to the aquarium it was def a lot cooler when I was 5 haha. Overall I had a great trip :)

SO pissed about the Bruins. I feel like that game was Toronto coming back through Chicago and saying "pay back's a b****! haha

Our photographer FINALLY posted some pictures from our wedding on facebook! YAYYYY!

2yl7bid.jpg

WOW!! I hope that whole wedding was every bit as beautiful as you were!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Back