OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I went shopping today to Italy. And there is a store with all American brands we don't have here. ( like they are selling used Holister clothes, Jordan shoes, some american candy, etc..) I looked around a little bit and found out some cheerleading uniforms and then I came across this one.

I am almost sure this is old Pacific coast magic uniform. @andrewsky?
Where the hell did the little store in Italy I've never seen before got a PCM uniform???
That's the half year uniform from 2010-2011. Im in utter shock that you saw that.

Today while working at Abercrombie a lady who was not from the US, somewhere from India I think, judging from the accent, picked up a pair of size 8 jean shorts and asks me if the 8 meant only 8 year olds could wear this pair, because her daughter was 7 years old. lol, do we do different sizing? And then she wanted me to open up the dressing room while her daughter was in it changing..... Sorry lady I can't so that just wait for her to come outside and show you.

And the other day an adult woman, like 30 years old, and her friends come in and she holds up a medium and says wow this looks really small I usually wear a medium blah blah blah. Then she asks me if this is the adult store.... uh no the sign & every size tag you just touched says abercrombie kids. Does anyone read anymore? Sorry random work story rant over.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Am I weird for saying I'd rather be broken up with than break up with someone? I mean I'm a pretty heartless person sometimes, but when someone likes me and I don't like them back it breaks my heart more than anything on Earth.

Am I weird for saying I'd rather be broken up with than break up with someone? I mean I'm a pretty heartless person sometimes, but when someone likes me and I don't like them back it breaks my heart more than anything on Earth.
Lol I'm the exact same way, I really don't know what it is because usually I don't really care much about feelings and whatever (my mother on occasion has called me heartless because I just don't really think sometimes) ...back to the point... For me when it comes to somebody's feelings about me I just feel strange 'cutting the cord' so to speak. it's not like I always need somebody's attention or need them to want to be with me I just don't really know how they'll handle the situation afterwards (especially if the person is more invested with you then you are with them). If any of what I said makes sense lol

Okay guys, I have to brag a bit. So I got a job in Alaska working at a lodge. And it's more of a rustic looking fabulous hotel than an actual lodge. It looks out on Mount Mckinley, which is so surreal and amazing. I saw it for the first time today and it was incredible. It looks like it was formed on a green screen. Crazy. But the lodge books a lot of tours through local company's for fishing, boating tours, flying to the mountain, and a bunch of other activities. And so I learned today, since I work their, I get to do all the tours for free. So today after work I went ziplining and saw the huge mountains and it was amazing and it was free. Even though I'm on my feet a lot and I have to get up at 4:30 am, it's super worth it. Between those amazing perks, the starting pay is pretty freaking bomb. So seriously, look into summer jobs in Alaska. It's all seasonal and the pay is pretty good and it's an amazing experience. I've been here like 6 days and I love it.
Okay. I'm done now.

ETA: I've seen the Sierra Nevada mountains and the Rocky Mountains, but McKinley is breathtaking. It's so spectacular. Pictures don't do it justice.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

Okay guys, I have to brag a bit. So I got a job in Alaska working at a lodge. And it's more of a rustic looking fabulous hotel than an actual lodge. It looks out on Mount Mckinley, which is so surreal and amazing. I saw it for the first time today and it was incredible. It looks like it was formed on a green screen. Crazy. But the lodge books a lot of tours through local company's for fishing, boating tours, flying to the mountain, and a bunch of other activities. And so I learned today, since I work their, I get to do all the tours for free. So today after work I went ziplining and saw the huge mountains and it was amazing and it was free. Even though I'm on my feet a lot and I have to get up at 4:30 am, it's super worth it. Between those amazing perks, the starting pay is pretty freaking bomb. So seriously, look into summer jobs in Alaska. It's all seasonal and the pay is pretty good and it's an amazing experience. I've been here like 6 days and I love it.
Okay. I'm done now.

ETA: I've seen the Sierra Nevada mountains and the Rocky Mountains, but McKinley is breathtaking. It's so spectacular. Pictures don't do it justice.

Are you just working there for the summer? That sounds amazing! How do you get into something like that? Do you just Google jobs in Alaska? Haha. I'm so jealous, that sounds so awesome!

Are you just working there for the summer? That sounds amazing! How do you get into something like that? Do you just Google jobs in Alaska? Haha. I'm so jealous, that sounds so awesome!
Yeah, I fly out the first week of September. Since Alaska gets so cold and nearly inhabitable in the colder months, most hotels, restaurants, tour companies, etc, are only open May thru mid/early September. I have family friends who live up in Alaska, which is how I found out about it, but you can try googling jobs or pm me.
There is so much seasonal work, it's crazy. It's like a whole job type I didn't know. People here will just fly around the country working seasonal jobs. Like after Alaska some people are going to work in Tahoe at ski resorts or go to Hawaii in work in hotels there. Even places like the Grand Canyon and other national parks hire seasonal workers. And they're usually always hiring because there's always a few people that get homesick and leave or find a different job, like I got hired mid season. And you're usually welcome back the next summer, you know, as long as you don't screw up.

Yeah, I fly out the first week of September. Since Alaska gets so cold and nearly inhabitable in the colder months, most hotels, restaurants, tour companies, etc, are only open May thru mid/early September. I have family friends who live up in Alaska, which is how I found out about it, but you can try googling jobs or pm me.
There is so much seasonal work, it's crazy. It's like a whole job type I didn't know. People here will just fly around the country working seasonal jobs. Like after Alaska some people are going to work in Tahoe at ski resorts or go to Hawaii in work in hotels there. Even places like the Grand Canyon and other national parks hire seasonal workers. And they're usually always hiring because there's always a few people that get homesick and leave or find a different job, like I got hired mid season. And you're usually welcome back the next summer, you know, as long as you don't screw up.

That's awesome! I'm googling and looking up info about it now and it sounds so like so much. And, yeah, there's so much seasonal work that I pretty much was clueless about!

Thank you so much for posting about this! I'm definitely gonna looking into something like this for next summer!

Okay. I'm done now.

Ugh I'm so jealous. Reckon they'll pay for a flight from the UK for the summer for me..?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back