OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Two things...

Some kids at my school have whooping cough...

Also I got my first letter from a college/university today! It's not that exciting of a letter though but it gives me a head start at college search and that I'm a priority prospective student for Western Carolina University.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board
eh hem... EASSSSSTTTT CAROLINA

I feel like I'm literally drowning in schoolwork. I know this will be nothing compared to med school (fingers crossed) but it's just so much with meetings on top of meetings, practice, homework, etc. Next week is exam week for me, and I'm so worried. I have to do realllllly well on my organic test. I'm just not grasping organic very well right now, and I'm really worried because I scheduled today and didn't get into Organic 2. I don't understand how you can have 5 classes of Organic 1 only 2 of Organic 2. Sorry for the rant, but I hope school gets easier for you!!

Most classes are like that - the higher you get the less are offered. After organic 1 about half the people taking it either don't pass or change majors so they don't have to take it anymore. So they don't need 5 sections of organic 2.

My classes now (I'm a senior... woooo hoooo! 20 years late.... ) are offered once. I can either fit them in my schedule or not. Luckily they almost never fill up because there are only about 18 of us that are taking them. But I get no choices in times or anything.

Can't you get the professor to sign the form for you to get in?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I feel like I'm literally drowning in schoolwork. I know this will be nothing compared to med school (fingers crossed) but it's just so much with meetings on top of meetings, practice, homework, etc. Next week is exam week for me, and I'm so worried. I have to do realllllly well on my organic test. I'm just not grasping organic very well right now, and I'm really worried because I scheduled today and didn't get into Organic 2. I don't understand how you can have 5 classes of Organic 1 only 2 of Organic 2. Sorry for the rant, but I hope school gets easier for you!!

Forgot to add: no one grasps organic very well. So don't worry, you'll get through it. It's definitely in my top 3 hardest classes I ever took (the other 2 being microbiology and pharmacology). Sooooo. Much. Information. At my nursing school they called those 3 the "weed out classes" because the program was cut by well over 50% after them.

But you can do this. Just keep your eyes on the prize (med school) and focus and you'll do great. Then snag one of the spots in organic 2 that's opened up by someone else not passing organic 1.

Forgot to add: no one grasps organic very well. So don't worry, you'll get through it. It's definitely in my top 3 hardest classes I ever took (the other 2 being microbiology and pharmacology). Sooooo. Much. Information. At my nursing school they called those 3 the "weed out classes" because the program was cut by well over 50% after them.

But you can do this. Just keep your eyes on the prize (med school) and focus and you'll do great. Then snag one of the spots in organic 2 that's opened up by someone else not passing organic 1.

Shimmy for using my user name :p
One of my room mates is a Bio Major and organic chem broke her 4.0 at the end of sophomore year. She got a B+ and I had to calm her down at 3:30 in the morning when she found out and had a break down. So your def not alone in the struggle that is called organic chemistry. Good luck!!

ETA: no one in the class got an A either. She had the second highest grade.

You guys talking about the highest grades.. My first biochemistry exam had a median of 42 and the highest grade was a 79.2. Out of a class with over 400 students.

The second exam had higher grades but the mean was a 57 and median was 58.

I have to miss part of our 2nd round Football playoff game next week because we have a basketball game that day that overlaps time. ):

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Yesss, that's exactly how I'm feeling. Like every week there's a test or a paper or project in addition to a ton of homework. But, thanks! I hope school gets better for you too!!

OMG I definitely can't wait to watch this movie! Angelina Jolie is one of my favorite actresses :)

words could not contain my excitement when i saw the trailer going around facebook last night. the story of sleeping beauty (via disney movie) was ALWAYS my favourite and i always wanted to be aurora :oops:

Oh god. Don't tell me microbiology is super hard :( I'm a nursing major and if I think biology is hard I'll have a struggle fest in my a&p and chem and micro classes!

Back