OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Adding to my "kids say the darnedest things" post, tonight one girl grabbed the wrong pair of practice shorts and her mom asked her what would happen to her. She said "I'll have to do 10 frog jumps for every incorrect piece of practice wear. But it doesn't hurt or anything."
Her mom says "well maybe I should tell coach Andrea to be a little harder on you so you won't grab the wrong pair again." My little youthie looked at her with big sad eyes and said "oh no! It hurts my legs plenty! It just doesn't hurt my soul!"

And that's when I melted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any good recommendations for running shoes? I don't run outside & honestly I don't really run at all hahah- I'm much more of an exercise bike/elliptical/very light jog kinda girl. I just need something other than cheer shoes. I usually stick to Nike bc it's just what I'm familiar with butttttt I'm also trying to be cheap so idk

Does anyone have any good recommendations for running shoes? I don't run outside & honestly I don't really run at all hahah- I'm much more of an exercise bike/elliptical/very light jog kinda girl. I just need something other than cheer shoes. I usually stick to Nike bc it's just what I'm familiar with butttttt I'm also trying to be cheap so idk

I got these SUPER LIGHT running shoes from a brand called Ryka. They were $39.95. They're the OrthoLite.

Wearing them feels like wearing cheer shoes. :cloud9:
ryka ortholite shoes - Google Search

My shoes look like the ones in the very first picture.

Does anyone on the boards have any sort of background in/currently involved in sports law? I will be majoring in sports management for undergrad, but have always taken a huge interest in law, so I'm considering pursuing a career in sports law and would love to talk to someone in the field!
ETA: holy run-on sentence...my brain's currently fried, sorry!

Went to the gym to workout for the first time since I tore my mcl/acl and yikes I'm sore. And that's from working out in the pool:/ ugh

Go to a running store and get fitted. They'll watch you run/walk and get the best shoes that match your feet. There's really no "best" shoe out there, it just depends on your feet. Even though you don't run much, it's better to have shoes that fit correctly.

I am partial to Asics and Brooks for running and they were both under $100. I have a pair of each and I alternate them every so often. I have a very small foot so kids size running shoes are hard to find, and these are the brands that were recommended to me. My knees and shin splints used to bother me when I ran with Nike and Reebok but I haven't had any issues since I started running with the Asics and Brooks (knock on wood)
Side note: I was able to run outside for the first time yesterday!! The roads are still REALLY narrow with all of the snow so I have to actually drive to certain neighborhoods to run safely, but at least it is finally warm enough!

So at work, we are designing a booklet thing of a group of employees who work for the company. I guess it has the idea of a "yearbook" but they don't want to call it a "yearbook". Anyways, the employees were asked to submit a picture of themselves and one of the guys submitted a picture of him and his wife doing a cupie on their wedding day in their dress and tux. My co-workers didn't understand my excitement. I was so happy to see that. J.R., if you're reading this, you made my whole week!!!!

So at work, we are designing a booklet thing of a group of employees who work for the company. I guess it has the idea of a "yearbook" but they don't want to call it a "yearbook". Anyways, the employees were asked to submit a picture of themselves and one of the guys submitted a picture of him and his wife doing a cupie on their wedding day in their dress and tux. My co-workers didn't understand my excitement. I was so happy to see that. J.R., if you're reading this, you made my whole week!!!!

You should email him! I'm sure he would love it. Is he in MA? I wonder if I know who he is.

You should email him! I'm sure he would love it. Is he in MA? I wonder if I know who he is.

I think the booklet said Delaware. I feel like emailing him would be kinda creepy :p I tried googling his name to see if he was a coach or something somewhere but none of the results were what I was looking for. Google suggested "u of l" when I searched his name which got me really excited but it just came up as a Rate My Professor with the same name haha.

I think the booklet said Delaware. I feel like emailing him would be kinda creepy :p I tried googling his name to see if he was a coach or something somewhere but none of the results were what I was looking for. Google suggested "u of l" when I searched his name which got me really excited but it just came up as a Rate My Professor with the same name haha.

Maybe he went to UD!

I guess if it's a really big company like that, then that would be weird. But if it was someone in the same office, it would be cool.

But if someone at work emailed me that they had seen a cheer pic of me and were involved in cheer, I'd be so pumped.

Maybe he went to UD!

I guess if it's a really big company like that, then that would be weird. But if it was someone in the same office, it would be cool.

But if someone at work emailed me that they had seen a cheer pic of me and were involved in cheer, I'd be so pumped.

Hopefully he is addressed to an email I get one day and I can ask him about it. And hopefully he is on the board and happens to see my post :p

SO I finally convinced myself to do something with my cheer life after I decided I was retired. I'm coaching right now and it makes me miss cheerleading soo bad! I went to my colleges' stunt/tumble tryout clinic and the first stunt I did I came down in a tap and my ankle popped really loud and I couldn't walk. I didn't do anything else the rest of the clinic and by the time I got home it was swollen and bruised. Went to the dr on monday and I fractured a small bone in the back and tore both of my ligaments and now I'm in a boot. Guess thats a sign I should be done cheering? Either way I'm in so much pain and really sad.

Latest posts

Back