OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
SO DONE WITH TODAY!! We went out to lunch for Mother's Day which put me behind on working on my physics final (bc lunch took forever bc it was so busy then my sister and I had to get my moms present), and then my mom wanted us to go to Ulta so I didn't get home until like 4 to start working on it, then I waited more than an hour unable to work on it because our internet is crap and it's a Prezi and a paper on Google Drive. Now I've been working on it for a while and my computer decides to crash. I have 4.5 days of HS left and it's like the most stressed I've been in the last four years.

SO DONE WITH TODAY!! We went out to lunch for Mother's Day which put me behind on working on my physics final (bc lunch took forever bc it was so busy then my sister and I had to get my moms present), and then my mom wanted us to go to Ulta so I didn't get home until like 4 to start working on it, then I waited more than an hour unable to work on it because our internet is crap and it's a Prezi and a paper on Google Drive. Now I've been working on it for a while and my computer decides to crash. I have 4.5 days of HS left and it's like the most stressed I've been in the last four years.

Did Google Drive save your paper where you left off? The same thing happened to me before and Google Drive was a lifesaver. Now I save all my documents there just in case something happens. Hopefully that happened for you too so that you have some time to relax before you're done! I'm sorry you're so stressed out, I feel like school always seems worse when you don't have any time left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love when I spend all weekend working on my 10 page physics paper and presentation due Monday and then get to class and the teacher tells us we're getting a work day and will present Wednesday :) :) :)
At least you can rest a bit!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you guys hear about the senior prank that took place at Sequoyah High School in TN? It wasn't even really a prank, it was just disgusting. They left dead animals and garbage in the hallway, and urinated on the walls. Now 100 seniors in the graduating class won't be allowed to walk the stage for graduation, and the town sheriff (I think) was fired, and their principal was suspended without pay for allowing them into the school to do it. I don't think they knew how bad it was going to be, though.

Last edited:
I love when I spend all weekend working on my 10 page physics paper and presentation due Monday and then get to class and the teacher tells us we're getting a work day and will present Wednesday :) :) :)
Don't worry, I spent my 21st birthday working on a design project until 3 am and then my teacher didn't even grade it. Oh and I have to redo it because she didn't like it [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

ETA: I should also mention that I only got 3 hours of sleep before I had to present the project and also had a final exam later that day too.

My dear Australian family still cannot get their heads around the US college system.

"Why does the government not pay for it?"
"Why does a degree cost the same as a mid-sized house?"
"Why does everyone move away for college?"
"Why can you not study a specific course in undergrad?"
"Why do you have to write entrance essays?"
"Why does everyone care about where they go, not what they study?"
"What are the SATs and why does every second teen movie go on and on about them?"
:shimmy:

Don't worry, I spent my 21st birthday working on a design project until 3 am and then my teacher didn't even grade it. Oh and I have to redo it because she didn't like it [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

ETA: I should also mention that I only got 3 hours of sleep before I had to present the project and also had a final exam later that day too.

A bunch of my HS classmates took Honors English and for their final project, they had to select a novel that was about 300-400 pages in length and annotate EVERY. SINGLE. PAGE. I remember seeing them in my chem class, not even paying attention because they were annotating. During class, after school, everywhere. When they pass their books in, the teachers just flipped through the books and didn't even see most of the annotations.

Whats a competitive and or adequate GPA to get into a decent graduate program? I know here are program requirements but I just want a basic overall idea. Also info or advice about the GRE would be helpful too.

Last edited:
Whats a competitive and or adequate GPA to get into a decent graduate program? I know here are program requirements but I just want a basic overall idea. Also info or advice about the GRE would be helpful too.
I'm sure it depends on the program. I can only speak for PT since that's where I'm at, but if you had less than a 3.75- 3.8 it would be very hard to get into an even somewhat decent program. But PT is one of the most competitive grad programs from what I've seen/been told. I had a friend get into an MBA program with a 3.2, but I have no idea if that's the norm or not.
The best advice I can give for the GRE is to study and practice as much as you can. I also wouldn't worry too much about those "vocab lists" you see, I had one word from there on my test and I wasted a lot of time studying those words.
ETA: but there is a ton more that goes into getting into grad school than numbers. Those are usually used just to weed people out. Experience and letters of recommendation can be huge in getting accepted somewhere.

Last edited:
At least you can rest a bit!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you guys hear about the senior prank that took place at Sequoyah High School in TN? It wasn't even really a prank, it was just disgusting. They left dead animals and garbage in the hallway, and urinated on the walls. Now 100 seniors in the graduating class won't be allowed to walk the stage for graduation, and the town sheriff (I think) was fired, and their principal was suspended without pay for allowing them into the school to do it. I don't think they knew how bad it was going to be, though.
No had not heard that one and wouldn't be surprised if they get charged with vandalism. That's disgusting.

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**

@cheernerd5678 honestly darling you have 4 days left. Mizzou isn't going to rescind your acceptance nor take away your scholarship. I'd just stop.
I know... I'm just that person who needs an A even though it doesn't matter at all. But now all my stuff is done so I don't have to worry about my grades anymore! One presentation and I'm done with HS.
Currently trying to decide if it's worth studying for the stat AP test or not. (The answer is no)

Back