OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I could never watch that show because every single time they got pregnant it was "God blessed us with a child". you sure it wasn't your lack of birth control and sexual intercourse?

Devil's advocate: I know a few couples who have been trying for YEARS to have a baby without success, and their infertility struggles are devastating. Children *are* blessings--no need to be snarky about it.

Devil's advocate: I know a few couples who have been trying for YEARS to have a baby without success, and their infertility struggles are devastating. Children *are* blessings--no need to be snarky about it.
I'm not saying children aren't blessings.. My aunt and uncle tried for over 5 years and spent a lot trying to have a baby and werent ever successful unfortunately. I'm just saying that the babies came from having sex without protection (which is fine, they're obvi ready for it) but not sure that I personally believe it's really anything more than that (at least not the 19th..)

Since the show has been taken off the air -some of them will need other sources of income-the 2 that are outside of the house and married may be approached by media sources wanting a story..even though they seem the less likely to talk you never know what it takes to start the unraveling. I would think children's services could still intervene somehow now with the children at home and at least make sure nothing else is going on.

Since the show has been taken off the air -some of them will need other sources of income-the 2 that are outside of the house and married may be approached by media sources wanting a story..even though they seem the less likely to talk you never know what it takes to start the unraveling. I would think children's services could still intervene somehow now with the children at home and at least make sure nothing else is going on.

Jim Bob has biiiiig money in property--I think they'll be okay.

I super selfishly want a Jill and Jessa spin-off.

Soooooo...... The new Poltergeist movie sucks. Like it's terrible. One of the worst remakes I've ever seen. Doesn't even do the original(s) justice. Don't waste your money.
Grr the preview looked good at least. I can't remember if I saw the original. Was hoping to see this one still though. I saw "it follows" earlier this year and that was stupid too....

Grr the preview looked good at least. I can't remember if I saw the original. Was hoping to see this one still though. I saw "it follows" earlier this year and that was stupid too....

If you want to go see it, you should! That's just my opinion, yours might be different. I usually never take anyone else's opinions into consideration for scary movies because I think everyone is looking for something different out of them. Some people want to be scared, others are more into the back story to the happenings, some want it shot in a certain way, etc.

I just didn't think it was made well. They paid tribute to the originals in many ways but ehhhh I found it a little corny.

Eta: also, my friend and I bought a popcorn to share and that was also disappointing. It wasn't salty at all or that buttery. What happened to good movie theater popcorn?? :(

I worked at an emergency shelter for abused youth for a little over 5 years. When a 12 year old molest multiple young kids including their siblings there is an extremely high probability they were also sexually molested as a child. It makes me wonder what other dark secrets are hidden. There should have been a full investigation and therapy/counseling given to all involved.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least, but I also don't see them admitting to it...for the girl's, since they're viewed as 2nd rate citizens it's easier to bypass since their virginity was left in tact---but for a son? Nope, they'd never, ever admit to that.

Soooooo...... The new Poltergeist movie sucks. Like it's terrible. One of the worst remakes I've ever seen. Doesn't even do the original(s) justice. Don't waste your money.

My 6 yr old wants to see it...thoughts?

Jim Bob has biiiiig money in property--I think they'll be okay.

I super selfishly want a Jill and Jessa spin-off.

Jim Bob does, yes...but not the kids. Josh Duggar is estimated to only be worth about $500K, while JB is worth about $3.5 million. That is a huge gap for any of those kids who end up producing 10+ kids. Derrick has a real job, at least, so they'll likely be fine---but Jessa and Ben? No way, not with the education they have. From the few episode I have seen, JB and Michelle have been very fast to say as soon as they move our they're on their own...I wonder if this will still apply since their own son is going to be responsible for ending their empire.

Hmmmmm well first I think it'd depend on how the kiddo handles scary things. It has your typical scary movie stuff - creepy faces, things that will make you jump, scary clowns, loud bangs, things flying, people being dragged, etc. I don't think it was overly scary but I think it would be scary for a 6 year old. If your kid is ok with knowing it's just a movie, it's not real, and the whole point of its creation was to scare you then I guess it'd be ok. (Still pretty scary for them but nothing extremely traumatizing.) I don't think it was any scarier than the original, just updated to fit in with the 21st century.

From what I remember there wasn't any overly adult scenes. There's a scene in the beginning that the parents start to get undressed to have sex but one of the kids walk in right as the dad unbuckled his pants and it ends. Lasts all of 3-5 minutes maybe? It's mostly just talking and husband is leaning over the wife and they're being all seductive.

There isn't a lot of gore, just slime/gook. Not a ton of suspense (but I knew what was going to happen since it's a remake). There's a pretty suspenseful scene in the middle but nothing bad happens.

Also, and I think they should've put a warning out for this, but I thought it was very flashy. Like it could cause health complications if someone is sensitive to light flashes.

Hmmmmm well first I think it'd depend on how the kiddo handles scary things. It has your typical scary movie stuff - creepy faces, things that will make you jump, scary clowns, loud bangs, things flying, people being dragged, etc. I don't think it was overly scary but I think it would be scary for a 6 year old. If your kid is ok with knowing it's just a movie, it's not real, and the whole point of its creation was to scare you then I guess it'd be ok. (Still pretty scary for them but nothing extremely traumatizing.) I don't think it was any scarier than the original, just updated to fit in with the 21st century.

From what I remember there wasn't any overly adult scenes. There's a scene in the beginning that the parents start to get undressed to have sex but one of the kids walk in right as the dad unbuckled his pants and it ends. Lasts all of 3-5 minutes maybe? It's mostly just talking and husband is leaning over the wife and they're being all seductive.

There isn't a lot of gore, just slime/gook. Not a ton of suspense (but I knew what was going to happen since it's a remake). There's a pretty suspenseful scene in the middle but nothing bad happens.

Also, and I think they should've put a warning out for this, but I thought it was very flashy. Like it could cause health complications if someone is sensitive to light flashes.

Thanks for the review. She's really into Monster High and got Porter Geiss recently which made her ask who his parents were...freaking Polterguist. I guess they've been talking about it at school and she wants to see it; she's into the scarier, creepier stuff, but I know the original would be a little much. If the new one is poorly done, it may not be as bad.

Jim Bob does, yes...but not the kids. Josh Duggar is estimated to only be worth about $500K, while JB is worth about $3.5 million. That is a huge gap for any of those kids who end up producing 10+ kids. Derrick has a real job, at least, so they'll likely be fine---but Jessa and Ben? No way, not with the education they have. From the few episode I have seen, JB and Michelle have been very fast to say as soon as they move our they're on their own...I wonder if this will still apply since their own son is going to be responsible for ending their empire.
Yes - that was what I meant - JB has always said he will not support his kids once they are of age and move out - he can't support them all for the rest of his/their life especially when they all start having families of their own. They got income from the show - some of them being adults got their own income. You take that away from some of them with no other way to support themselves - no real jobs or education.

Yes - that was what I meant - JB has always said he will not support his kids once they are of age and move out - he can't support them all for the rest of his/their life especially when they all start having families of their own. They got income from the show - some of them being adults got their own income. You take that away from some of them with no other way to support themselves - no real jobs or education.

I feel like the kids get 20,000 each an episode. I read a figure somewhere about that recently on Free Jinger. Maybe less

Plus the girls got money from the book

The kids still living in the house, including 25 yr old Jana got an allowance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. She's really into Monster High and got Porter Geiss recently which made her ask who his parents were...freaking Polterguist. I guess they've been talking about it at school and she wants to see it; she's into the scarier, creepier stuff, but I know the original would be a little much. If the new one is poorly done, it may not be as bad.

I felt the original drew things out a bit to create suspense. This one didn't, everything went super fast. All the elements in the original that they tried to redo felt like they didn't really try to put an effort in to do it justice (the tree, the clowns, the tv, etc.) I think they tried to put more "shock/scare factor" things in it that it took away from the psychological scare factor. It's still probably scary for a little one. Definitely not campy or anything.

But I think if you feel like the original might be too much then this one might be a little too much, too. So maybe not. Has she seen any other recent scary movies? I don't know, it's so hard to judge scary things for someone else since we all react differently to them. What's scary for me won't be scary for someone else. I also loved scary movies at 6 and watched them all. I was a pretty fearless child with scary movies.

Last edited:
Back