OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
...Am I too old school to expect a little conversation before actually meeting a guy irl?

Is it me that doesn't know how to date anymore? Like... no, I won't go take a drink with you after our "your pictures are pretty" and "do you live in Lévis" conversation. Please make an effort.

...Am I too old school to expect a little conversation before actually meeting a guy irl?

Is it me that doesn't know how to date anymore? Like... no, I won't go take a drink with you after our "your pictures are pretty" and "do you live in Lévis" conversation. Please make an effort.

so I shouldn't take this route when meeting guys in Ottawa/Montreal this summer? ;)

But pictures say a 1000 words [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

In 10 days I'm traveling to London! I'm super excited and while it is for a study abroad program, we were told we'd have plenty of time to explore on our own. I want to explore some places that aren't the typical tourist attractions. Does anyone have some suggestions?
Also, I'm used to Florida summers and that type of clothing so I have no idea what to wear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Exciting! I'm a Londoner but live on the outskirts. However I do try and venture into Central when I can.

In terms of weather, we are currently experiencing a mini 'heatwave' with temps of 60-70 degrees (hope I got the conversion right haha!) I don't know if you would consider that very hot but it's definitely light clothing weather for us! However with heat usually comes rain so make sure you have a hoodie/jumper and an umbrella!

I don't really know of many typically un touristy places but here are a few suggestions of places you might like to visit:

One of my favourite places in London is Covent Garden! There's food, shops (mainstream and quirky), street music and street performers. I love it, especially when it's sunny!

There are some great markets in London such as Spitalfields, Portobello and Camden so try and check those out if you want an interesting find!

I'm a sucker for a museum and London is full of them! My favourite is the Imperial War Museum which I think is amazing but then again, I am a bit of a history nerd! ;)

Shows can be quite expensive but there are some places where you can buy tickets on the day for cheap prices.

I've never been but my friend always raves about how awesome Chinatown is.

You might enjoy visiting the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and seeing where the magic of 2012 happened!

If you get a chance to have a sit down meal at a restaurant, definitely try and find a 'Big Easy' or a Byron Burger. If you want a sweet snack and like cakes, find a Hummingbird Bakery - best. cakes. ever.

Make sure you've got travel sorted, know how to top up your oyster card (if you're using one) and pick up a tube map.

Hope you have a great time! :)

Swedish nationals are getting closer and closer and for once i can go see the teams! Its in the city closest to where i live for once and not on the other side of sweden! I am just worried about the price.. hopefully it will not get to expensive.. thet will release ticket to the fans not with teams/gyms on monday so i just hope tehre are tickets left for me.. Ive been looking forward to this ever since i heard where it is supposed to be this year and it would be a bummer if i can not go.

It may not be a big deal to some people, but I made deans list for the first time! Too bad it was second semester senior year. My first semester at this school I got placed on academic probation due to grades, so to go from academic probation to deans list is really exciting for me.
I made my highest grades my final semester as well!

I just saw pics of an underage "cheerlebrity" in a bar...posted by their mother who was also there. I know parenting is a hot topic but :confused: that's just plain illegal! At least they were being supervised...?

Last edited:
I just saw pics of an underage "cheerlebrity" in a bar...posted by their mother who was also there. I know parenting is a hot topic but :confused: that's just plain illegal! At least they were being supervised...?

I believe it is only illegal for the minor to be seated at the bar itself, but not illegal for them to be in the establishment itself.

I've had my kids in bars with me many times and never an issue.

I believe it is only illegal for the minor to be seated at the bar itself, but not illegal for them to be in the establishment itself.

I've had my kids in bars with me many times and never an issue.
Even if it's a card at the door place?

Even if it's a card at the door place?

Correct. Card at the door is the bar being proactive in preventing underage drinking. Restaurants with bars inside don't card at the door do they?

Maybe the laws in your state are different but in my area definitely not illegal and if it is the establishments don't always enforce it.

Correct. Card at the door is the bar being proactive in preventing underage drinking. Restaurants with bars inside don't card at the door do they?

Maybe the laws in your state are different but in my area definitely not illegal and if it is the establishments don't always enforce it.
Restaurants with bars inside don't card at the door, bars that are only to serve alcohol until 2+ am do since they're a different type of establishment. I didn't realize minors were allowed in there at all. Well dang I guess I missed out on my social scene at 19 being more lively by not going bar hopping with my mom.

Last edited:
If you guys could please like this photo thatd be awesome! I'm trying to win a gift card to my schools bookstore so I can get some alum gear.

So im about to leave for europe in a week for my honeymoon!!! going to paris, rome and london. Im curious as what the weather is, when i looked it up its suppose to be in the low 70 to low 80's in all three places.
clearly wearing shorts isnt going to work out everyday... ANYONE on the boards from that area have any advice on how to pack for the weather currently.

So im about to leave for europe in a week for my honeymoon!!! going to paris, rome and london. Im curious as what the weather is, when i looked it up its suppose to be in the low 70 to low 80's in all three places.
clearly wearing shorts isnt going to work out everyday... ANYONE on the boards from that area have any advice on how to pack for the weather currently.

It's very, very hard to tell. First, what's warm for me, probably isn't warm for you. Right now (close to Paris), we get to 70-75° in the afternoon. For me, that's almost summer! It's cooler in the evenings though. But the main problem is that the weather is pretty unpredictible. Last week I went with my students on a field trip and had to take my winter coat... This week, wearing a coat would have been ridiculous. FWIW, the weather forecasting website I use seems to think that the nice temperatures won't last very long.

It's very, very hard to tell. First, what's warm for me, probably isn't warm for you. Right now (close to Paris), we get to 70-75° in the afternoon. For me, that's almost summer! It's cooler in the evenings though. But the main problem is that the weather is pretty unpredictible. Last week I went with my students on a field trip and had to take my winter coat... This week, wearing a coat would have been ridiculous. FWIW, the weather forecasting website I use seems to think that the nice temperatures won't last very long.
so basically i should pack for both warm and cold weather on any given day.

Back