OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mine doesn't have it :( maybe I just need to update or something??

I don't have it either and mine is updated. Not sure what's going on but I never get on fb on the computer so I haven't shimmied anyone in weeks. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now comes the time of year when I wish I could hide all my teacher friend's social media accounts. I get so much FOMO seeing their tropical vacation pics while I'm sitting in the office.

This Brock Turner story has gotten enough publicity that his life is going to suck. I'm not saying that's an excuse for a weak sentence, but it slightly helps relieve my outrage. If he does serve time, the other inmates will romp on him not only for his crime but because he'll be seen as a "pretty boy/easy target." If he is put in isolation, then he will be forced to sit alone with his thoughts, locked up for 23 hours a day. Hopefully he goes crazy. When he gets back into the world, the chances of a college wanting him are slim. The reputation of the college could be ruined for taking on a high-profile criminal. And, for any employers, there is so need for a background check since his business is all over the place. Sorry Daddy, but you can't protect your little boy from the future.

Now comes the time of year when I wish I could hide all my teacher friend's social media accounts. I get so much FOMO seeing their tropical vacation pics while I'm sitting in the office.

Luckily we still have a few weeks up here until school is out. But the worst is that all of my coworkers have these elaborate summer vacation plans. My company does this thing where every 5 years you've been working there you get a month long sabbatical and two of my coworkers are doing that this summer - one to spend a month in the UK with his family, another to go to Spain. Then another coworker is going to Portugal, one to Ireland, one to Morocco, it's ridiculous.

And I'm over here like "maybe I should make the 4th of July weekend a 4 day weekend." I used a lot of vacation time for cheer stuff and I think we're going to take a trip in the fall so I have no summer plans.

I hate that he gets the privilege of news outlets using his cute little paid for headshot over his mugshot. But like you said, this most certainly isn't the only time this has happened. It happens every day. When I read his dad called it "20 minutes of action" the other day I literally threw up in my mouth. Horrible people.

That family is as disgusting as they come! At least when his name is googled it come up as sex offended, I hope!

Luckily we still have a few weeks up here until school is out. But the worst is that all of my coworkers have these elaborate summer vacation plans. My company does this thing where every 5 years you've been working there you get a month long sabbatical and two of my coworkers are doing that this summer - one to spend a month in the UK with his family, another to go to Spain. Then another coworker is going to Portugal, one to Ireland, one to Morocco, it's ridiculous.

And I'm over here like "maybe I should make the 4th of July weekend a 4 day weekend." I used a lot of vacation time for cheer stuff and I think we're going to take a trip in the fall so I have no summer plans.

That's so cool. I wish everywhere did that!

Nice! I was in the 5th row of the front mezz, on the far (house) left. Pretty much only missed the stuff on the top part of the set stage right.
Fingers crossed I get somewhere close to where you got. I'm aiming for mid-late March, but in this situation I don't think I can be too picky. And that certain other shows haven't closed by then. (looking at you, American Psycho.)
Why did I think that was closing at the end of June?

I was watching NBC Nightly the other night and there was a "sweet" story about a 9 year old that wanted to learn how to give the shot that stops heroin OD in case she ever needed to save her 26 year old brother who battles drug addiction [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5].

Whut?

American Psycho has closed already. Little salty that it opened after I left New York. But on the bright side, Dear Evan Hansen looks promising and it seems like it won't pull a Tuck Everlasting and close after 30-something performances.
As for Hamilton, I feel like it's going to be like Wicked/The Book of Mormon and have an open ended run. I'd also like for them to hurry up and announce who's replacing Lin already.

What is Corbin Bleu up to these days??? ;)

In a perfect world, they'd make Javier the full time Ham, and get Corbin to be the standby.

I thought Javier had cancer. I don't know if performing the title role is something he could handle 7-8 shows a week with cancer. Maybe if Corbin and Javi switched on and off and did like 4-4 or 3-5 or something, kind of like how Matilda switches through the four girls for the title role.

I think Corbin could do a good job as Hamilton though.

What a neat system! Never heard of a company doing that.

I'm assuming this is about the Stanford swimmer. I haven't bothered to learn his name because it isn't worth knowing

I understand the outrage don't get me wrong but these instances of "privilege" occur on the regular and these people with this type of privilege get away with in some cases literally murder (I'm looking at you Affluenza jerk) and we get outraged and we talk about it online. And then we forget and continue to let people with this "type of privilege" exist in our society and continue to get away with it. The fact that his own daddy glossed over it by calling it "20 minutes of action" shows what kind of culture he grew up in. What they allowed. What they encouraged.

And there are millions more like him

But I mean there are poor people who can't afford good lawyers, who don't come from families of "privilege" going jail for 10 years on marijuana charges.

(I'll let you guys define privilege how ever you choose)

It certainly does occur on the regular, but this particular case struck me as unusually revolting.

Maybe because his daddy completely excused his actions in the most ignorant manner. Maybe because no one in his camp has yet referred to the situation as "rape". Maybe because a female friend of his literally said the words "not all campus rapes are because people are rapists". Maybe because the victim's statement was so powerful. Or maybe because the confusingly lenient sentence came from a judge who was also an ex-Stanford athlete.

It seems to me that the media coverage and online "outrage" about this one has exceeded any similar case that I can remember. Which I believe to be a good thing. All we can do is hope that soon some changes will be made.

It certainly does occur on the regular, but this particular case struck me as unusually revolting.

Maybe because his daddy completely excused his actions in the most ignorant manner. Maybe because no one in his camp has yet referred to the situation as "rape". Maybe because a female friend of his literally said the words "not all campus rapes are because people are rapists". Maybe because the victim's statement was so powerful. Or maybe because the confusingly lenient sentence came from a judge who was also an ex-Stanford athlete.

It seems to me that the media coverage and online "outrage" about this one has exceeded any similar case that I can remember. Which I believe to be a good thing. All we can do is hope that soon some changes will be made.
Well that explains a heck of a lot.

Back