OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
When my oldest started cheer I think the cut off date was in May - am I remembering that correctly?
Yea it used to be May. I wanna say around 2011 or so it changed, I remember because it was the year I aged out and I ended up aging out a year earlier than expected because of the change since I have a June birthday.

All of the Texas International 5 teams I know of formed at the same time as their other teams. The level 6 seem to just now be getting started, but that is 17 and up.

I'm sorry but Amy getting cut on DCC making the team was heartbreaking. I knew going into the season she got cut. I know she now dances with GSW but goodness that scene with Andra Day playing in the background killed me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but Amy getting cut on DCC making the team was heartbreaking. I knew going into the season she got cut. I know she now dances with GSW but goodness that scene with Andra Day playing in the background killed me

I knew she got cut too...but it was still heartbreaking. Such a pretty girl.

I did not get to watch it until this morning. I was devastated for her (and for Kendall as well). I knew Amy was not as good as some of the other rookies but I thought she had the potential to get there, and it was absolutely cruel to cut her right before announcing the team.

All of the Texas International 5 teams I know of formed at the same time as their other teams. The level 6 seem to just now be getting started, but that is 17 and up.
It is common for International teams to need athletes during the season. Many gyms start their teams at the same time as senior teams, but don't compete until after January. I doubt most teams are "full" (meaning they would take an alternate that would likely get to compete at some point during the season).

I did not get to watch it until this morning. I was devastated for her (and for Kendall as well). I knew Amy was not as good as some of the other rookies but I thought she had the potential to get there, and it was absolutely cruel to cut her right before announcing the team.

I just feel like if they could keep Kat from last year, they could have kept Amy. It wouldn't be the first time they took someone that wasn't ready (remember Loni also)

On the other hand I wonder how Amy is able to live life. To dance for the Warriors in Cali after not making Cowboys. Does she still not have a job? Her fiancé or family must be wealthy.

I just feel like if they could keep Kat from last year, they could have kept Amy. It wouldn't be the first time they took someone that wasn't ready (remember Loni also)

On the other hand I wonder how Amy is able to live life. To dance for the Warriors in Cali after not making Cowboys. Does she still not have a job? Her fiancé or family must be wealthy.

Kat was the exact person who came to mind when they cut Amy.

So the last couple of days have been rough. one thing after another just kept happening. First allergies to a vaccine and antibacterial wipes used to clean cpr dummies. I never had allergies. Then flatmate got vomiting bug luckily didnt pass it to me so far. Then got news that my step dad has got a superior detached retina and had surgery this afternoon. just everything happening in one go and to top it off people as singing and I cant get to sleep

Are we doing secret santa this year? It was so much fun last season!

Not sure where to put this, but I don't feel responsible enough to host it and therefore make a new thread about it. But I was thinking last year people said it was a smidge late in the year and short time to buy stuff. And considering how long it took between the registration opened, closed and then everyone actually answering about what they wanted, I'm thinking maybe start soon so people can shop on black friday and what not. :)

Are we doing secret santa this year? It was so much fun last season!

Not sure where to put this, but I don't feel responsible enough to host it and therefore make a new thread about it. But I was thinking last year people said it was a smidge late in the year and short time to buy stuff. And considering how long it took between the registration opened, closed and then everyone actually answering about what they wanted, I'm thinking maybe start soon so people can shop on black friday and what not. :)
Yes...we'll be setting it up soon

Back