OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have a love hate relationship with online homework. It's great to have the resources it gives you if you get stuck but I just finished one and got every question right but was given a 99.9%. Haha I know that .1 isn't going to change anything but it's like just give me the 100%!

Also the fact that it's basically a way for textbook companies to force you to get the newest, most expensive edition to get the access code instead of getting an older edition for less money.
There is no love in my relationship with online homework. Actually my online Econ isn't so bad, but online math was sent by satan himself. And teachers don't seem to understand how long it takes and always assign excessive amounts. This week i have 24 online calc problems but each one takes probably 7-10 minutes because there are so many steps. That's in addition to homework from the book which we usually have around 25 problems from that too. [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]
Plus ours doesn't really have any good resources. At least MathXL would show you a similar problem step by step or solve the problem and regenerate a similar one. On mine we have 3 tries and then we just get a zero on the problem. The only option is to "read about it" which just takes you to the chapter it's out of or "chat about it" which you have to pay for. No option to try a different problem over the same thing.

There is no love in my relationship with online homework. Actually my online Econ isn't so bad, but online math was sent by satan himself. And teachers don't seem to understand how long it takes and always assign excessive amounts. This week i have 24 online calc problems but each one takes probably 7-10 minutes because there are so many steps. That's in addition to homework from the book which we usually have around 25 problems from that too. [emoji58][emoji58][emoji58]
Plus ours doesn't really have any good resources. At least MathXL would show you a similar problem step by step or solve the problem and regenerate a similar one. On mine we have 3 tries and then we just get a zero on the problem. The only option is to "read about it" which just takes you to the chapter it's out of or "chat about it" which you have to pay for. No option to try a different problem over the same thing.

My earth and space online homework is a Pearson program called "my geology lab" or something of the like. We have 10 "questions" or items per homework assignment but there are 4 separate parts to each item. So it's more like 40 questions. It's so misleading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having THE WORST week ever. I have a girl with a HUGE fever (poor thing)... Trying to keep her out of rally to get healthy and she and mom are sort of refusing. Another girl with mild Turf Toe (again, right before rally). We have a parade that someone forgot to register us for so we've been scrambling to get in. We were overbooked on community service events this weekend... So we are doing 3 in 1 day! My knee is completely blown out (my husband is convinced it's ACL... But I'm terrified to go to the doctor so I'm hobbling around in pain...) and my in laws are staying over while my husband is going out of town. (Mind you have amazing in laws... But I have a house to get clean and all this cheer and community service stuff to do) Did I mention I've been asked to do Friday night's balloon arches and one of my girls has completely LOST her shell* from last weeks game?! Someone say a prayer for me... Going to have a mini melt down any minute now.

Fossil makes some decent watches, and they have quite a few styles that are smaller than the typical Michael Kors watch. Bulova watches are supposed to be pretty decent, too.

Right now, like everyone and their mother, I wear a Michael Kors watch. The face is about an inch in diameter, and has managed to stay in one piece despite me only taking it off to shower. (Which is surprising, since I'm the person who cut themself on a trombone in high school.)
I have a Bulova watch that I love! I also have a Kate Spade one. I don't like the Kate Spade one as much though.

Last edited:
Anyone planning on watching Apple's keynote in a few minutes?

I'll be interested to see what they bring to the table after seeing what Samsung announced at theirs a few weeks ago.

About a month ago my dad bought his own house and has been training our former outdoor/barn dog into a house dog. This is hilarious, he can't figure out how to move without falling on the couch and will only go outside if her absolutely NEEDS to. This week he went an entire day without going out, we actually have to drag him out so he doesn't have any accidents.

Back