OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i don't have much of an option with supplementing...she will eat until I'm dry and still be hungry. it's not something i'm doing out of ease or just because, I literally haven't been consistently making enough milk (I know because after her feedings I would try and pump off the rest so I can start freezing milk for when I have to go back to work and she goes to daycare--so I know there is nothing left). At times I'll only produce 2 oz in a 3 hour span, and she consistently will eat 3-4 oz. I know breastfeeding helps keep the supply up, but I'm not going to let her cry because she didn't get enough and is still hungry. I'm trying to eat lots of oatmeal, almonds, and other "lactation stimulating" foods to try and increase it, but it's not happening as fast as she gets hungry.

Today was a much better day in terms of her not spitting up just because I would hold her upright after feedings instead of putting her in her swing--so I do think it's (thankfully) more in line with reflux--now I just have to make sure daddy is in the habit of doing the same thing instead of laying her down, which could prove to be the more difficult part when I'm not around ;)

If that came across as mean or judgmental that wasn't my intention. Breastfeeding is hard work and can be made so much harder by under/oversupply. I had an oversupply issue at first and a fussy/gassy newborn because of it. And now he's the laziest nurser on the planet and gets mad when he has to work for the milk.

If you can find a lactation consultant it will be your saving grace if you want to try to get back to exclusively breastfeeding. I had one come to my house to work on my son's latch and deal with my painful engorgement and it substantially improved my breastfeeding experience. Also, La Leche League has some amazing resources and usually has local meetings.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I probably would have had to sit they some of the other artists...like Pearl Jam....I don't even know who they are.

Pearl Jam went after her, and I left before them because tbh I haven't heard of them either.

What in the world...

I cannot even imagine a life without Pearl Jam. I don't know that I actually ever go an entire day without listening to them.
Feeling incredibly old when people haven't heard of Pearl Jam :eek:
I don't know that it's an age thing. Everyone I know in that age range knows Pearl Jam. Maybe it's a style of music thing - I don't know that Beyonce generally attracts the same listeners as PJ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I don't know that it's an age thing. Everyone I know in that age range knows Pearl Jam. Maybe it's a style of music thing - I don't know that Beyonce generally attracts the same listeners as PJ.

True...I can't imagine Eddie and Beyonce have a whole lot in common

Feeling incredibly old when people haven't heard of Pearl Jam :eek:

I mean I don't think it's an age thing. I think we might be similar in age. I've certainly heard the name "Pearl Jam" before, but I couldn't begin to name a song, couldn't tell you if it's a group or a person or duet etc.

It's a genre thing. People might not know who Wale is but I'm obsessed with him. It is what it is.

What in the world...

I cannot even imagine a life without Pearl Jam. I don't know that I actually ever go an entire day without listening to them.

All I think of whenever I hear "Pearl Jam"

Starting to feel like a crazy person after agreeing to start a cheer club (something I've always wanted to do) on top of classes, a business club, a sorority and all star cheer. I'm gonna go nuts hahah I hope my time management skills will save me

i don't have much of an option with supplementing...she will eat until I'm dry and still be hungry. it's not something i'm doing out of ease or just because, I literally haven't been consistently making enough milk (I know because after her feedings I would try and pump off the rest so I can start freezing milk for when I have to go back to work and she goes to daycare--so I know there is nothing left). At times I'll only produce 2 oz in a 3 hour span, and she consistently will eat 3-4 oz. I know breastfeeding helps keep the supply up, but I'm not going to let her cry because she didn't get enough and is still hungry. I'm trying to eat lots of oatmeal, almonds, and other "lactation stimulating" foods to try and increase it, but it's not happening as fast as she gets hungry.

Today was a much better day in terms of her not spitting up just because I would hold her upright after feedings instead of putting her in her swing--so I do think it's (thankfully) more in line with reflux--now I just have to make sure daddy is in the habit of doing the same thing instead of laying her down, which could prove to be the more difficult part when I'm not around ;)
You need to keep hydrating as well. Drink tons of water, and there is a tea called Mother's Milk which is supposed to help increase milk production. As for the poster who mentioned that what you eat should have no effect on the baby, untrue! If you eat gassy foods, it can result in an increase in gas in your baby. Stay away from beans, broccoli, cauliflower, and any other food known to cause gas. Anything spicy/well seasoned will also change the flavor of your milk; not that there is anything wrong with that, you should just be aware. And you will always produce more milk in a feeding than when pumping.

Mothers Milk tea definitely helped me. However, I used a bag of flavored tea with it because the flavor is a little different. Also - don't eat peppermint. It can lower your supply. Good luck!

Back